Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Cassie's Journal - May 30, 2017



The new and improved Inn is officially open for business today; though the first weekend is booked for local families – some of them picked by lottery for free stays at the Inn.  I’ll have more on that with my weekend updates; but that has been fun news for those lucky couples today.  Also in the business news around here, while the new apartment building opened for early move-ins last week; it is officially open now; so Aunt Leanne and Claire have another round of ‘old’ rentals to deal with; and they do have long-term plans for those spaces – including some remodels that will turn some of those apartments into luxury lofts that would be a new addition to the rental market around here – unless they decide to try and sell them as condos or something instead.

While those stories were big around here with the adults; baseball team names were announced today too; so that was news in our house too – and around our school for some of the teens and kids that found out about that before the end of the school day.  Ethan and Aiden are happy to be on the Bakery Blizzard team; Ehlana and Naomi are not as happy to be with Vicky’s Hair Herons; though they probably got the best name for their division.  Rowen and I are members of Emerson’s Erosion; and we definitely didn’t get one of the coolest team names this year.  Michael and Tim are okay with being on Landry’s Lasers; and Mom and Dad are with the Real Estate Roughriders this year.  I’ll include all of the other team names eventually as the season goes along; but won’t bore you with the entire list here in this report.

Ehlana and Naomi had their practice tonight, and had great weather for it; but my music practices were all cancelled this week because of exam studying.  Exams was the word of the day for all of the students at our school; though end-of-year testing is not quite as serious for the primary grades.  We did review all day in our classes; and then we studied from the time we got to my house from the school until eleven o’clock.  Food was available for all of my study buddies – burgers and jumbo dogs on the grill; three cold salad options; and a dozen jumbo bags of various snacks.  Mom and Dad fed the twins, Naomi, and Aiden first before Ehlana and Naomi needed to be at their practice; and then Mom was at that practice while Dad kept the food coming for the hour or so it took to fill the bottomless pits that are the stomachs of most of the guys in my class.

The studying went well-enough tonight; and I had fun doing a lot of tutoring for my friends.  Rowen, Michael, and I have gotten pretty good at that now, and our friends are used to how that works out best for all of us; so things are looking good early for this round of exams.  With a bit over a year to go until college for most of us, that is a much bigger deal; and I’ll do whatever I can to help my classmates to succeed.

Okay, I won’t cheat to help them; but you know what I mean. ;^)

Studying until eleven meant a late start to my ‘real’ work and studying – especially when Michael and I needed a half hour to clean up from the study session; and then had a visit with Dad in the office before Michael went home and I came up to my room and got to work.  It was a bit past-midnight by then, but while I used a time phase when I could; it’s now heading toward four-thirty.  I have kept up with the work on my to-do list, though; so I’ll just keep using some self-healing every morning and hope that I can keep doing that for another couple of weeks without burning out.

I will be too fried if I don’t get all of the sleep I can – even when it’s barely a nap; so it’s time to wrap this up and get on with that too-short bit of down time.

This has been a good start to our all-important exam study week, and I hope that trend will continue as my schedule fills up again through the end of the week, but that’s all for now; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!