Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Cassie's Journal - May 9, 2017



Another long, busy day is nearly-done; and I am running on fumes as I end my day with this little update.

We’ve had another amazing weather day around here; and I’m only disappointed that I didn’t get to be outside to enjoy more of it than was possible today.  Tai Chi by the river was as awesome as always; it was great to be outdoors again at lunchtime; and our marching band practices are always better when it’s warm and sunny – though the wind-down is on for that; and we’re getting fewer teens attending the practices now that the big trip is done and we only have two parades left to go before we’ll be shutting down that band and returning to just having our little concert band.  The Memorial Day parade is just weeks away, though; so we had a full practice to get ready for it – and for the Fourth of July parade.  We’ll be playing Disney songs for that parade; and that seems a fitting way to wrap up our marching band adventures.  I’m not disappointed that the band won’t continue on, since it has been a lot of work for the handful of us that have done the most to make it happen; and it really is an expense that would be tough to keep going in our little town when there are more-deserving projects to help fund instead.

It has been a remember-forever kind of adventure; and I hope that other kids will get to experience that kind of fun around here in the future – whether that’s with music or some other activity.

The weather helped to make for a pretty good school day – even though I was still dreaming a bit about cutting classes and spending the day playing with Michael instead.  Instead of making that dream a reality, though, we were the good, responsible teens we always are; did all of our work; and even ate our veggies.

Okay, my veggies were cut-up carrots in a baggie, but that’s only because we had to snack as we went along thanks to all of the practices after school.

That was really just a trade-off today; since we would have been at the Inn again tonight instead if we hadn’t been busy at the school and church instead.  I don’t really have much news to report from any of the practices.  The highlight of the day for the music part of our fun was the praise team play time; and we’re ready for our contributions to the Mother’s Day music on Sunday.  We’ll have a bit more to do to get ready for the Memorial Day service, but that will be just one blip in a weekend that is going to be ridiculously-busy for everyone in my family with both the holiday weekend and Violet and Dillon’s wedding.

I’m way overdue for a wedding update, but my involvement continues to be non-existent right now – and won’t change much even as we get closer to the big day.  Mom and Aunt Leanne will be doing more over the next couple of weeks, though; and that will really pick up once Violet and Dillon get home next week.  That’s news I can save for another night when I’m not exhausted, though; so let’s move this along so I can get done and head into nap mode.

We were finished our practices by a bit after nine o’clock.  Michael came home with me and we did our homework in the office; followed that up with a Magi lesson with Mom; and then we spent a half-hour with Ethan and Ehlana while getting them into their beds for the night.  A bit of alone time in the lounge with Michael seemed like a great idea at the time, and I did love that bit of cuddle time with a minor bit of making out; but I should have sent Michael home and gotten right to work instead.

Yes, that’s inconsistent with my earlier comment about always being responsible, but I’m a teen; so get used to that little reality! ;^)

That is why it was heading toward midnight by the time I got started on my studying and family business work, and I had a lot to get done tonight; which is why it’s now past-four.  Sure, four hours of work and studying might not seem like a big deal, but keep in mind that using a time phase adds a lot of hours to my day – even when I also do hours of work in real time.  The equivalent for tonight would be about ten or twelve hours of ‘real’ time for this shift of my part-time job.

No wonder I’m wiped out!  The good news is that I’m done with this report, and sleeping is an option; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!