Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Winter has, for the most part, been mild so far - or awesome for the month that Cassie and Michael spent in summertime-Australia! They are home now and will be working from home for most of the time until Easter. The hometown work will include getting ready for their next trip, but there will be a lot of fun to get in on and share with their favorite people - including their March Break trip to Florida adventure. All of your favorite Magi Masters will continue to work and play while their future plans unfold; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Cassie's Journal - May 23, 2017



We started the day out with a bit of drizzle that kept Tai Chi indoors; the rest of my early morning and school day was fairly-standard for a Tuesday; and then Michael and I had our usual three music practices starting shortly-after last class.  The marching band and teen praise team practices were most-important tonight because we’re getting ready for the Memorial Day parade and services this weekend; so our last practices also took longer as we polished the music and worked a bit harder on our marching skills to make sure we’re ready for Sunday and Monday.  It doesn’t affect Michael and me, but our trumpet players are also working on their extra music for the ceremony at the cemetery; and deserve a bit of recognition for those efforts that I don’t normally add to my journals.

The extra practice times for the marching band and praise team meant that Michael and I didn’t get home and started on our homework until nearly-ten; and we were getting a bit more rain by then after a reprieve that lasted until our marching band practice was wrapping up for the night.  Ehlana and Naomi were happy about that because they were able to have their baseball practice tonight, but that was also one more thing for Mom and Dad to deal with in addition to wedding work; taking care of our guests; and the ongoing move for Violet and Dillon into their new apartment.  I’m still missing out on all of that action while I’m too busy with my own daily schedule, and while I keep wanting to find a way to do more; that just isn’t working out for me.

Fortunately, I don’t need to feel too bad about it; since Violet and Dillon do have a lot of help from their families and friends.

As for their move – and the one that Jake and Stephanie finished today; there are advantages to starting out pretty much from scratch – it’s comparatively easy to move into an apartment when you’re buying almost everything and then having it delivered to the apartment.  In their cases, they have a lot of family support for that, and in Violet and Dillon’s case; they’re getting quite a few of their wedding gifts early – and not just to make sure that neither of them get cold feet and attempt a runaway bride or groom sort of thing on Saturday! ;^)

It’s funny to think about how good Mom and I had gotten at doing that sort of thing; and now it’s coming up on seven years since our last move – past-seven if you don’t count the move after Mom and Dad got married.  This won’t be the last moves for Jake and Stephanie or Violet and Dillon, since there will be at least one more for each of them when they’re ready for houses and to start their families, but I love knowing that everything is setting up for them to start their adult lives here at home with us – even if I can’t help out with the work right now.

Getting back to my personal news of the day, Michael and I did our homework; he went home after that since we couldn’t do a Magi lesson with Mom while we have company in the house; and I checked in with the twins on my way up to my room because they needed to go to bed at ‘normal’ time for a school night too.  They’d still been awake and playing on their iPads, so I had short chats with each of them; and then it was time for me to get ready for bed – and started on my never-ending work and studies.  That could have kept me busy all night if not for the time phasing, but there was still a lot of work to do in real time too; which is why it’s past-four now and I’m past-ready for my nap.

Some self-healing will be needed when I get up again too, but I’ll keep going; and hopefully have a chance for a bit of rest sometime between now and when I graduate from high school – o maybe college.

Yes, that might be optimistic, considering what I’m meant to do over my lifetime, but I am still a teen; so leave me to my innocent delusions for a while longer!

I’ll be leaving you to flip the digital page and continue reading while I head into nap mode now – unless you’ve already been put to sleep by reading my journals at bedtime for a sleep aid.  If that happened, though, then you’re not reading this until you take up the story again next time; so that doesn’t make any sense at all and just proves how tired I am – and that it’s past-time for me to wrap this up.

Until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!