Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Cassie's Journal - May 15, 2017



My morning began too early with the wake-up call to get out of bed long-enough to have a little visit with Dad before he left for the city.  That was a sleepy bit of fun; but I was happy to have the monthly bonus nap time with Mom and the twins after Dad left until we needed to get up again and head outside for Tai Chi.  I needed a bit of self-healing to be ready for that; and then felt pretty good by the time we met up with Michael and I shared a long good morning hug and kiss with him.  The workout was good too, but then Michael headed home to get some food and then head for the school in time for the morning workout with the team – or at least with the guys that were available for that today.

The seniors were not available because they were on the way to the airport by then with the rest of their class for the annual senior trip.  Rebecca and Lucas are, obviously, on that trip too; and I hope they have a great trip to the Atlantic coast of Georgia.  There will be a bit of education involved too; but they’ll have time to spend at the beach and in the ocean too; and the girls liked the idea of nightly hotel sleepovers instead of some other past options – like camping the Grand Canyon.  I’ll keep you posted if there is any other news as the week goes along, but today has been a travel day; so there just hasn’t been anything to report – or at least nothing that I’ve heard from Rebecca, Jenny, or any of the other girls.

Our school was a bit quieter today because of that, but we are closing in on the end of the year; so we kept working and are wrapping up the last round of learning modules ahead of the annual exam review that will start either in the week leading up to Memorial Day or during the week after that.  The weather was awesome too; so we went outdoors as much as possible – including during a couple of bonus classes.  That was fun, but I don’t have any other news from school today.  Michael and I had to get to work after we were set free for the day after last class; and we put in five hours of work there to help out with the major push going on to get the main dining room finished by tomorrow night.  It was closed off again, so the smaller dining rooms are being used for customers while we now have the ‘work’ wall torn down for the last time; and the last blast of finishing work and bringing in the rest of the new tables and chairs will get done by tomorrow night – even if the crew doing that work ends up staying at the Inn half the night to make that happen.  That isn’t likely going to be necessary after putting in the extra time tonight, but if it does; Michael and I will be there to help out after our practices.

Speaking of practices, while I worked; Ethan and Aiden had their baseball practice; Mom, Ehlana, and Naomi were there to support them; and I missed out on that – and on another wonderful evening of great weather!  Michael and I really need to work on that; since it’s going to be even more fun around here over the next few weeks as the new path around town opens – along with the rest of the park trails; the new trails that will open for the holiday weekend at Quarry Lake; and everything else that will happen as we transition from spring to summer.  Sure, that’s wishful thinking, but maybe we’ll get a bit of time here and there for some play time; so I won’t just give up on the idea because it’s improbable.

Moving along, we wrapped up at the Inn a while after it was closed for the night; Michael came home with me so we could do our homework; and that part of my night was fairly-standard.  We did that work; a Magi lesson with Mom; had some bedtime fun with the twins; and then Michael went home so that I could get to work on my usual bedtime computing, studying, and family business work.  I needed a shower before doing that; but didn’t take long in the bathroom before getting ready for bed and tucked in with Mandy.  I’ve done everything that needed to get dealt with tonight with a combinations of time phasing and other Magi-powered help, but had a lot on my plate for tonight; and it’s again way too late for more than a nap before I’ll need to get up and going again.  I didn’t end up getting to help Mom with anything, and that won’t change tomorrow when I’ll be at school or the church all day and evening; but maybe I can do better for the rest of the week after that.

Stop laughing – that’s at least a bit more-likely than finding more time for fun with Michael! ;^)

My idea of fun right now is to head into nap mode, though, and I don’t have anything else... oh wait; I do have one more bit of news.  Jake and Stephanie found out today that they had an apartment in the new building with their name on it; they’ve signed the lease with Aunt Leanne; and will have more help than they know about so far with the move-in that they’ll be able to do next week ahead of the holiday weekend because the building is ready for early move-in.  Violet and Dillon will be – or already have been – extended the same offer even though they still have another year to go of college, but there are other reasons for that; and I haven’t heard confirmation of that with them because they’ve been busy with other, wedding-related things today.  Ditto that for Jake and Stephanie for part of the day, but I’m out of the loop for that still; and that might not even change all that much through the rest of this week.

That feels weird to me, but it’s the way it is, and I really do need to head into nap mode now; so I’ll have to pick up that story as more details are available.  For now, I’m out of here; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!