Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Winter has, for the most part, been mild so far - or awesome for the month that Cassie and Michael spent in summertime-Australia! They are home now and will be working from home for most of the time until Easter. The hometown work will include getting ready for their next trip, but there will be a lot of fun to get in on and share with their favorite people - including their March Break trip to Florida adventure. All of your favorite Magi Masters will continue to work and play while their future plans unfold; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Cassie's Journal - May 8, 2017



It has been way too nice out today for school, so Michael and I took the day off; grabbed our bikes; and went off to play for the day!

Okay, that only happened in my daydreams; but I wish we had done that instead of spending almost the entire day indoors instead of out in the warm sunshine! ;^)

Tai Chi by the river was nice, though, and we did get to be outside for our lunch break; so we did get to enjoy a bit of the nice weather – if not for nearly long-enough.  The rest of the time, we were in our classes at school; and then we ended up working at the Inn after school and through until around eight o’clock.  We were working the dining room and kitchen – we were helping out with the remodel work.  No, I haven’t taken up carpentry on the side, but there is a lot of cleaning and finishing work that we can do; and Jacob and Miranda are working their days off to help make sure the Inn will be ready ahead of the holiday weekend – and for when Jake and Stephanie are home and join them to run the Inn together.

Today, Michael and I helped out with work in three guest rooms and the main dining room.  I haven’t done an update on that lately, but we are nearly-ready to open up the entire ‘old’ Inn; and the main dining room is closed today and tomorrow while work is being done to be ready to take down the wall that has been dividing the original dining room from the old kitchen and entrance area.  That will likely be completed next Monday and Tuesday; and then the main dining room will have enough seating for five hundred!  That may sound silly for a town this small, but Miranda has a plan; and I’m sure it will pay off for Michael’s family.  Moving along, we did some work in the dining room too, but that was mostly cleaning and a bit of errand running for the remodel crew.  They’re putting in extra time now too, and don’t mind the long days because there is a bonus on the line to complete the job on-time; and they’re going to make sure that happens.  Miranda knows what she’s doing with that too; since a big summer season will go a long way toward getting this remodel paid for sooner instead of later.

I don’t get to report that it was all fun and games after we left the Inn because the work just kept rolling along.  Michael came home with me; we did our homework; and had a music practice to get ready for our practices tomorrow.  After that, we did our Magi lesson with Mom; took care of getting the twins into bed – the only real time I got to spend with them today since breakfast and the walk to school; and then Michael headed home so that I could get to work on my bedtime computing.  I stated that work in the office because Dad’s busy getting ready for his week in the city; and needs to get extra work done ahead of Mother’s Day this coming weekend.  We used a time phase and worked until he was done; he and Mom went up to bed after that; and I stayed and worked in the office until I was finished everything except the last round of computer checks and this update.

I decided to do that from bed; came up to my room; and took a bit of time to get showered and changed – mostly because I got a bit dirty working at the Inn and felt grimy.  Mandy appreciated my efforts too, and while she’s generally an awesome feline friend; you do not want to mess with her when it comes to keeping ‘her’ bed clean or offending her sense of smell.

Thanks to the time phase help, I’m actually done and ready to head off to nap land earlier than I expected, but that’s relative; and I’ll still only have time for an extended nap.  The week is going to get busier from here, though; so I’ll take what I can get and try to be happy – if not very rested.  That’s all the news I have for today, and I am ready to sleep now; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!