Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Monday, May 8, 2017

Cassie's Journal - May 7, 2017



Happy 6th Anniversary, Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne!

It’s official today; though that seems repetitive after offering those best wishes for them already on Friday.

We’ve had a pretty good day around here; though I’ve missed out on most of the family fun today – and a lot of the nice weather too.  Tai Chi by the river was nice, and I was at Michael’s for breakfast; so that made for a great start to our day.  The church service and Sunday school was a bit quiet today, but the younger kids finished up Mother’s Day crafts they’ll have for next weekend; and Michael and I were among the volunteers helping out with that – so that we could spend more time with Ethan and Ehlana.  We needed to head for the Inn after church; the lunch shift was crazy-busy despite the nice weather – or maybe because of it; and that cut down on our afternoon break time.

Playing during that break would have been nice, but we had homework to do instead; and had to settle for doing that on Michael’s back porch while missing out on the park play and bike riding that was going on with my family while my parents and grandparents kept a group of six kids entertained all afternoon.  Michael and I did spend a little time with them at the park, but that was a short visit; and then we were back at the Inn in time to help out with the buffet prep work.  I worked in the kitchen for that; switched to serving in the main dining room after that; and worked my tail off for the rest of the night.  The highlight of my shift was helping out with serving my own family for Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne’s anniversary dinner party, and while I didn’t get to enjoy that meal with them; we did have fun.

The tip was great too! ;^)

The late buffet timing for that dinner party wasn’t just to give my aunt and uncle a bit of extra time for their weekend away – they waited until then so most of their store-owner relatives and friends could join them for the fun.  That was a big group; which was why I had Miranda and two other servers helping out with that third of the main dining room.  Miranda had considered putting them in the combined smaller dining rooms; but decided that everyone else would rather be able to wish the happy couple well too and used the back third of the dining room instead.

Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne got thoroughly roasted; they had an amazing meal; and then Aunt Leanne had to give some kids a ride in her new car as the party broke up – starting with a ride for Brianna.  At the risk of sounding too practical and like my parents; that car is definitely a toy – and totally useless for Mom and kids transportation.  Aunt Leanne loves her car, though; and it is awesome!  I was too busy to even watch much of that show, but did catch a few glimpses through the front windows; and heard from Mom, Dad, and the twins that they all had a lot of fun with the post-dinner entertainment.

Mom and Dad did need to get home and do some work, though; and I was busy until nearly ten-thirty by the time we were finished with the clean-up and ready to close the Inn for the night.  Michael and I did our goodnight hugs and kisses on his front porch; I came home; and did my Magi lesson with Mom while Dad finished up his work.  From there, I stopped in for bedtime visits with the twins because they were still awake and studying; and then I came up to my room and started multi-tasking some Jacuzzi time with my language studies.  I opted to do the studying first because I’ve been slacking off on that a bit; and that’s why it’s again very late – because I had to stay up to get the family business work done too instead of cutting corners on the studying.

None of that work and studying is particularly newsworthy beyond to normal fact that it’s being done by a teenager; so I won’t bore all of us with the details.  You can get that news elsewhere in the archives, but that’s just a reminder; since I really hope you have better things to do than read over financial reports and other boring business news.  I’m too tired to even think about the work and studying I’ve just finished.  We have another busy week ahead of us too, and I’ll need all of the nap time I have left to get ready for the first day of the school week; so I’m totally out of here and heading off to dreamland now.

Until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!