Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Sunday, May 7, 2017

Cassie's Journal - May 6, 2017



Congratulations, Malcolm and Nadine Sinclair!

I haven’t heard anything from their wedding yet, but we’ve had beautiful weather; and I’m sure they’re having an amazing day and start to their new life together!

My day hasn’t been filled with wedding-level fun, but I have been very busy.  I was up early for work at the Inn; got ready to go – including putting together what I needed for my trip and writing my SAT; and then I dropped Brianna off with Mom and Dad for some bonus nap and cuddle time for them before going to meet up with Michael for the walk to the Inn.  We could only help with the breakfast prep work and the very start of the breakfast shift; but then we needed to hit the road for Central State college – along with all of the other teens going there for this round of SAT’s.  We didn’t go in one big travel group, but we did follow Rowen and Tim in his Corvette; and space available that nobody took advantage of because we’re teens and everyone wants to drive! ;^)

I was okay with having Michael to myself for the drive each way; and we had fun together while not really trying to keep up with Tim on the way to the college.  Michael and Tim are both good drivers, and while I’m making fun of that for Tim because of his car; he does not do anything that would risk his license or mess with the cost of insurance.  By the way, that isn’t ridiculously-expensive for the four of us because we just might be getting a deal through a family business company – though Tim doesn’t know about that yet.

Let’s not make a big deal of the SAT tests.  Michael, Rowen, and I aced ours; Tim will be top five or ten percent for his; and that shouldn’t surprise any Magi reading this in the future.  We wrote the exams; went out for lunch; and did a bit of shopping; and then Michael and I headed for home because we needed to get back in time for the dinner-to-close shift.  Rowen and Tim stayed to play a while longer with some other friends that were enjoying a day in a city, but while it would have been nice to do that too; Miranda and Jacob needed us because they had fewer teens working due to the SAT’s and other reasons.

Michael and I stopped at our homes to check in with my parents and so we could both freshen up ahead of our shift; and then it was non-stop action from the time we got to the Inn until we were done work at ten o’clock.  The Inn was very busy; there were some dinner parties there that were also going to be continuing on at the pub; and I ran my tail off through until we had the dining room set up for the lunch rush tomorrow.  I went home with Michael; we had some cuddle time on the sofa while talking with his parents; and then I came home shortly after they went up to bed so that Michael could get some sleep too.  That was by a bit after eleven o’clock; Mom, Dad, and the twins were all in bed by then; and I only stopped in for kisses with the twins on my way up to my room.

That was my plan, but Silkie wanted to go outside; I ended up taking her for a short walk; and then I dropped her off with Ethan again before coming up to my room for the night.  I took a quick shower; got ready for bed; and then joined Mandy there; since she was already curled up in her usual spot.  My plan for a quick round of bedtime computer and email checks didn’t go as quickly as expected either; and I ended up spending an hour working on the family business before getting around to this update.  The work wasn’t anything major, but needed to be done in real time; and I didn’t want to let it pile up for tomorrow night.

I am ready to crash and nap now, though, and I have another busy work day ahead of me tomorrow; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!