Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Thursday, May 11, 2017

Cassie's Journal - May 10, 2017



Happy 17th Birthday, Nora!

I hope she’s had a good day, but while we had nice weather for the first half of the day, rain moved in by mid-afternoon; so Nora’s party got rained out – or at least it needed to be moved indoors.  We’re also getting some thunderstorms rolling through overnight; but I was home before we had any major rain.

My day started out great with Tai Chi by the river – and that was thanks to a sunny morning with temperatures still in the seventies – even shortly-after dawn.  Michael stayed for breakfast before his morning workout at school; and my fun continued with some hair and dress-up play time with Ehlana before we met up with our friends for the walk to school.  I can’t report much that was exciting during school other than the birthday fun we had with Nora at lunchtime, but we did have a good day; and enjoyed some bonus outdoor time – at least until the rain arrived.

Nora’s party started after school; though there was a delay for those of us that wanted to go home and get cleaned up and changed before the party.  That meant getting a bit wet too, but I didn’t melt; and am not too cool for umbrellas, coats, and boots.  Life has changed for us over the past five or six years, and maybe it’s because we’re nearing the end of the school year that I’m feeling that more today than normal; since having my classmates and friends turning seventeen really does emphasize the fact that we’ll be off to college in just a year and a few months from now.  That wasn’t something we even talked about tonight; but then we were more interested in other things – like the upcoming senior trip; summer holidays; and, for the guys, football.  Baseball was in the gossip news too; but my report on that tonight is more about my complete lack of writing about baseball at all yet this week while I’ve been too focused on my own life.

I should have written about it on Monday and Tuesday, since Ethan and Ehlana started their practices this week.  Mom, Dad, Michael, and I would have all had our practices tonight had they not been rained out; and most practices were already starting a bit later than usual because of the way the schedules were set up this year to give teams four weeks to get ready for the start of the season next month.  Missing Ethan’s and Ehlana’s first practices should have been a bigger deal for me, but that’s just one more thing I’ve missed out on while trying to juggle everything I have on the go – and that will continue to be a problem; so there’s no point in having regrets.  I will try to get to as many of their games as possible; though I might miss the starts of many of them while working breakfast shifts at the Inn on Saturdays.  There will be lots of baseball updates from now until the end of the summer; so stay tuned for what should be a very busy and hopefully entertaining summer of sports!

Baseball did have an effect on Nora’s party; since it was originally planned to end in time for baseball practices.  The rain-out didn’t really change that much; though some of Nora’s friends stayed longer while the rest of us headed for our homes to try and beat the storms that the forecasters were predicting for our area.  Michael came home with me, and while we didn’t leave as early as we would have if we’d needed to get to our practices; we were still home before eight o’clock.  We did our homework first; had a Magi lesson with Mom; and then spent some time with Ethan and Ehlana before putting them to bed for the night.  Michael went home after that; and I worked in the office with Mom and Dad until midnight.  They wouldn’t have turned into pumpkins or anything, but my time phase helped Dad to get his work done by then; and they went up to bed while I stayed and kept working until I was done everything I could do in a time phase.  I came up to my room after that and got ready for bed; snuggled in with Mandy; and then wrapped up the rest of my work in real time before getting to this report.  I didn’t get to have an early night, but it also isn’t heading toward four o’clock quite yet either; so I will at least get a bit more sleep than I do most other nights.

That won’t happen if I drag this out when I don’t really have anything else to add, and I am ready to crash into nap mode anyway; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!