Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** All of your favorite Magi Masters will be staying close to home as we head into summer! For Cassie and Michael, while their work will continue from home too, they will also be helping their best friends with getting ready for their wedding and moving into their new home - along with all of the other adventures ahead of them with family and friends! You will not want to miss out on all of the fun as life in Witch Falls heats up right along with the summer weather; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Saturday, January 30, 2021

Cassie's Journal - January 30, 2021

 

My perspective on T.A.’s is different now that I’m settling into my new responsibilities, but that isn’t because of the workload or deadline pressures.  It shouldn’t surprise anyone reading this to know that my Magi talents allow me to keep up with marking tests and assignments without any trouble.  I’ve also already taught a couple of lectures because I’m being tested on that already even though that isn’t the norm for most new assistants.  I’ve had some issues with a few of the first-year guys in my classes, but expect that to pass soon; and could have more of a challenge with the grades I give for both assignments and the subjective parts of tests.  I’m never unfair; so the problems will come from the fact that I won’t miss any mistakes or omissions; and I go over everything in each paper.  I wouldn’t be surprised to find out that other T.A.’s take shortcuts with that, since we do have a lot of reading to do for that part of our jobs; and there are always a certain number of students that get away with a talent for baffling their teachers with nonsense – or just writing volumes about nothing that is all show and no substance.

We’re getting a rain day here – and at home, but since that isn’t a snowstorm instead; we’re okay with an indoor day.  That isn’t really much of a change for us anyway, since Michael’s doing the chores and shopping again this morning while I’m grading papers and tests.  That is going to be a trend for most Saturdays; and that’ll be true for the afternoon study sessions at the library and tech center.  Our plans for dinner and the evening are a bit different this week, but that’s entirely because I haven’t been able to spend much time with some of my summer school friends since getting back here from the Christmas break; so Michael and I are going to spend some time with them while Rowen and Tim are going to hang out with some of their computer and engineering friends at their townhouse.  We’ll make an appearance there later too, but don’t want to stay up late tonight.

That doesn’t mean we won’t have any late-night fun – just that we’d rather make that a hotter-rated kind of fun; we can do that in a time phase; and then still get a full night of sleep.  I’d better not start thinking about that or my papers won’t get marked; and Michael and I might end up being late for our afternoon study sessions.

Then again, I do have that time phasing talent; so maybe I’ll just make the time we’d need; and then we’d both be much-happier for the rest of the day too! ;^)

I’ll let you know how that goes for us with the next update.

Cassie Stone