Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** All of your favorite Magi Masters will be staying close to home as we head into summer! For Cassie and Michael, while their work will continue from home too, they will also be helping their best friends with getting ready for their wedding and moving into their new home - along with all of the other adventures ahead of them with family and friends! You will not want to miss out on all of the fun as life in Witch Falls heats up right along with the summer weather; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Thursday, December 6, 2018

Ethan's and Ehlana's Journals - December 6, 2018


Christmas Video of the Day!


Ethan:

Compared to Ehlana’s accomplishments yesterday; it’s been quiet around here – and not just because she can’t tell anyone about the true story behind the cold cure; or even that it is a cure instead of a new treatment for cold symptoms.  We’ve still had a fun day, and Ehlana has been fired up at school, the lab, and while we played games at the Inn after dinner; but we don’t really have any news to write about tonight.

We skipped all other news from yesterday, though, so I thought that if there was one additional item I should mention for posterity; it would be to note that yesterday was a National Day of Mourning for former President George Bush – the father; not the son.  I’m not doing that to comment on the politics or the media circus that has been going on since his passing last Friday.  I’m writing about this because all of the students at our school were involved in some way with a memorial for a past-president; and there were history lessons of varying degrees too.  The version of the lesson for our grade was really basic and generally-positive, but I know that more honesty was involved for the older teens; and that’s likely not the norm for most schools.

Many would suggest that is inappropriate for a memorial, and it’s likely true that we’re kind with our own friends and neighbors at times like this, but then it’s safe to say that we’d generally be hard-pressed to find anything bad to say about anyone around here.  My point, though, is that this was a teaching opportunity about a President that we – the kids – know little or nothing about; and I’m glad that our teachers choose to offer a complete, truthful portrayal instead of a white-washed version – especially when that might be the only lesson that some of us get of the former president.

That might seem hypocritical, but as the future archivist for the Magi of the Light; I’ll definitely want to make sure that truth is a big part of the historic record.

Okay, I didn’t want to drag that story out for this long; so let’s move on.

Ehlana earned some attention for being so excited today, but it was infectious; so we had a fun time at school.  After the big breakthrough yesterday, her work at the lab was more-tedious, but I was happy to play in the archives while she was busy; and we weren’t allowed to stay late because of game night at the Inn.  We had fun with that too, and while there isn’t any news from the gaming; I can tell you that Naomi is ready for a best-friend intervention after Ehlana has been so focused on her work at the lab all week.  I’ll predict more play time this weekend and less work.

That sounds like a plan, and I should get some sleep to be ready for the fun; so that’s all for tonight, folks.

Ethan – out!

***
Ehlana:

We have a cure for the common cold!

Oh – that’s not news anymore?  Then I guess that we’d better wrap up that project; pass it along to Aunt Grace to make money with; and move on to the next big breakthrough.  Maybe we’ll cure cancer next! ;^)

Ethan’s covered the rest of the news – plus that blurb on presidential memorials, and I don’t have anything else to add; so I’ll get back to my work; since I don’t seem to be able to shut down while this excited and motivated.  It would be awesome if every day could be like this in the lab, but I suppose if our work was that easy; we wouldn’t find it exciting anymore – or it wouldn’t even be a job we’d need to do as Magi.

I wonder what I’d do instead if we didn’t have the lab?

This is Ehlana Proctor; coming to you live from what is now my past!