Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** All of your favorite Magi Masters will be staying close to home as we head into summer! For Cassie and Michael, while their work will continue from home too, they will also be helping their best friends with getting ready for their wedding and moving into their new home - along with all of the other adventures ahead of them with family and friends! You will not want to miss out on all of the fun as life in Witch Falls heats up right along with the summer weather; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Monday, December 3, 2018

Ethan's and Ehlana's Journals - December 3, 2018


Christmas Video of the Day!
Here’s another Elf Pets song – one that might make it into the school Christmas pageant this year.



Ethan:

Speaking of the pageant, we are working on our class song already, but Ehlana and I won’t be doing anything extra; and we miss having Cassie and Michael helping out with the music for the primary grades.  I’m sure we’ll miss all of their musical contributions; but that’ll be especially-true for their duets; since they are always special.  I hope that we won’t need to wait until after they’re finished college to hear any new ones from them!

We’ve had another fairly-quiet Monday – though that’s partly in comparison to a really fun Sunday.  The holiday entertainment at school is kicking up another notch; so the music practice time was just part of the holiday-themed fun that included lessons and crafts meant to make learning more fun for us – and actually get a bit of teaching done despite all of the distractions.  Ehlana and I didn’t have Christmas-themed work at the lab or archives, but we had fun while playing there after school; and then we had a quiet night at home with Mom and Dad that included studying and work after dinner and a Christmas movie that we made time for because Mom used a time phase for the work and cuddle time so that we wouldn’t be up late too.

Those time-phased hours are real, though, so it has been a long day; but we do get to have a normal night of sleep to help make up for that extra effort and the entertainment wrap-up for our day.  There’s no doubt that our day will prove to be better than Cassie’s while she works to get ready for final exams next week, but then she’s mostly-busy helping her friends and keeping up with the daily assignments; since she doesn’t really have to worry about acing those exams.  She’ll be up later than us too – probably by a lot, but I need to get to sleep now; so I’ll just hope that she doesn’t overdo it this week – or through until they come home a week from Friday.  We definitely don’t want Cassie to be too-tired to have a fun holiday with us once she is here for the Christmas break!

Okay, I’m rambling; that’s all I have; and I’m done for tonight – in more ways than with this update.  ;^)

Ethan – out!

***
Ehlana:

The only news from today that I want to write about is my work at the lab.  We’re getting really, really close to a cure for colds.  Our tests today were really good, and while they still ended in a fail; I think that I have the last problems figured out.  We’re at the point now where I wish that I could just be at the lab day and night until we get it right, but that isn’t an option; so I’ll have to settle for letting Uncle Adam and Dillon have most of the fun while I still get in on most of the testing and the modifications that are usually done with some Magi-powered assistance.  The cure is going to be plant-based, though, so once we have it; growing the plants and making supplies of the lozenges we’ll use for the final product will be easy.

Okay, it won’t be easy to do that in quantities needed to treat billions of patients, but it won’t require massive injections of Magi power to do that work; and the expansion that will be needed for the new crops will take years – or decades.

I’m getting ahead of myself, but can’t help but be excited about the impending success – and I really am sure that we’re there now.  Stay tuned while I go get some sleep; since tomorrow could be the day – and I’ll predict that we’ll have our cure before Christmas for sure.

This is Ehlana Proctor; coming to you live from what is now my past!