Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Friday, March 31, 2017

Cassie's Journal - March 30, 2017



Happy 22nd Birthday, Jake!
Happy 16th Birthday, Shannon!

I won’t suggest that this will be Jake’s last birthday spent away from home, but it will be the last one he has before moving home again – and that’s not all that much more than a month from now!

Michael and I didn’t get to do much with Jake for his big day for obvious reasons, but we did go over to the Inn early-enough to get in on a video chat with him while he was on his way to his first class of the day.  We didn’t get to talk to Stephanie too, since she was already at her college by then; but the digital visit with Jake was entertaining – especially since Michael and I had the twins, Naomi, Aiden, and Rowen with us while doing that – and the four kids were especially fun while they had their few moments to talk with Jake and wish him a happy birthday.

Shannon’s birthday was something we could get more involved with, but Michael and I had to work the dinner shift too, and Shannon is in Grade Ten; so we weren’t around for a lot of her birthday fun either.  This was a big day for her, though, and while getting her next-level driver’s license was a highlight for her; she was also very excited about having her first birthday with Gil as her boyfriend.  I can relate to part two of that, since I love all of my ‘firsts’ memories with Michael; but still don’t find that having my license is really all that big of a deal.  It was nice being able to drive home from the city on March Break instead of getting help with that, and I might like it more this summer; but we’ll see whether I even have many opportunities to drive anywhere during the holidays.  Shannon is one of the first in her grade to get her license to drive without adult supervision, though; so that might be much different for her anyway.

It’s late and I need to move this along; so let’s do that.

Tai Chi was indoors today; we had cloudy, cool, and occasionally wet weather that kept most of us indoors when we didn’t need to be out and about; and that video chat with Jake was the highlight of our pre-school morning.  Some birthday fun for Shannon at lunchtime was the best part of our school day; though we mostly had fun in our classes too.  While most of Shannon’s friends headed for her place after school, Michael and I went to the Inn; did our homework first; and then worked the dinner shift until we had the kitchen clean and everything ready for game night.  Once we had that done; we went to Shannon’s house too, and while we’d missed the birthday dinner, she’d saved some cake for us; and we stayed and played with our friends until the party wrapped up at ten o’clock.  It was a bit later than that before we left along with Rowen and Tim, but that was mostly because we stayed back while other teens made their escape and wanted to get home to do the homework that most of our friends hadn’t done while at Shannon’s party.

Michael walked me home; Rowen and Tim went with us until splitting off to go to her house; and Michael and I did our goodnight hugs and kisses on my front porch because he wanted to make sure that I didn’t stay up any later than needed because he delayed my bedtime computing.  That meant missing out on our semi-regular Thursday night make-out session, but I didn’t want to be up most of the night – and might have been without that bit of selfless self-control from my boyfriend.

While that make-out time would have been great, I instead went into my house; did a Magi lesson with Mom in the office; and then I came up to my room and got ready for bed.  Once Mandy and I were tucked in; I got to work and she got started on her napping.  It’s too bad that we can’t trade places for that now and then, but Mandy assures me that she’d be lousy at my human jobs; since she thought that all of that work and stress is silly to begin with – and pointless; since she already has humans around to do all of that work for her while also providing her with everything she needs for a perfect, happy life.

Cats really do rule the world! ;^)

Moving along, I worked in a time phase as much as possible; did the rest of my work and studying in real time; and don’t have anything interesting to report for any of those hours of busy – though I did get everything on my to-do list finished and will be able to take the weekend off.  It’s a bit past-two now, so I am going to be sleeping earlier than normal for a Thursday, but I am also still wishing that I’d made the time for Michael too.  I suppose I could have said goodnight to him in the front hallway and used a time phase for that, but Mom and Dad might have noticed us frozen in place there for an extended period of time – not to mention what they might or might not see if we tried to have a bit too much fun while doing that!  I’m just joking about that, since Michael and I are not into that kind of public displays of affection; so I’ll just settle for some happy dreams tonight that will hopefully have Michael there in a starring role.

I should probably get right to that before my mind wanders off and I don’t take that thought with me into dreamland; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!