Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Winter has, for the most part, been mild so far - or awesome for the month that Cassie and Michael spent in summertime-Australia! They are home now and will be working from home for most of the time until Easter. The hometown work will include getting ready for their next trip, but there will be a lot of fun to get in on and share with their favorite people - including their March Break trip to Florida adventure. All of your favorite Magi Masters will continue to work and play while their future plans unfold; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Monday, March 20, 2017

Cassie's Journal - March 19, 2017



The last day of March Break was the nicest weather day we’ve had – that’s what I get for messing with Mother Nature! ;^)

It was still a bit chilly this morning, but Michael and I went out to the river for Tai Chi with the twins, Naomi, and Aiden.  He stayed to help me with getting the kids fed; went home to get ready for church; and we all went there early so that Michael and I could warm up with the teen praise team while Ethan and Ehlana watched us do that.  I did end up having them stay with Violet and Dillon for the first part of the service until they went to Sunday school; and Michael and I had fun helping out with the music for the service and the work we did during Sunday school to get ready for the Easter services.

I needed to go to the Inn to help with the lunch rush after that; so Ethan and Ehlana were with Aiden and Naomi respectively – though the four of them still spent most of the afternoon together except for during lunch.  It was turning into an amazingly warm day by lunchtime, but the Inn was still packed; and Michael and I were busy straight through until we took our afternoon break.  We spent that time with Ethan, Ehlana, Naomi, and Aiden; we all went biking; and then had play time at the park that included a lot of other kids, teens, and parents while we all wanted to be out in the sunshine and mid-eighties warmth.  I’d have loved to do that for the rest of the day, but Miranda needed all hands on deck today; so Michael and I again left the twins with their besties; got cleaned up and ready for the dinner-to-close shift; and got back to work.

The first buffet was another blast of crazy-busy; the second buffet was more fun because most of my family was there for it – including Mom, Dad, Uncle Adam, and Aunt Leanne.  I worked their tables, and had as many little cameo moments with them as possible while keeping up with the rest of my work.  Dad still had a lot of work to get done before tomorrow, so they didn’t drag out the meal and linger over desserts and after-dinner drinks.  I wasn’t that lucky; and needed to work my tail off straight through until everything was clean and we were set up for the breakfast shift on Monday.  I walked home with Michael, Rebecca, and their parents; sat out on the front porch with Michael for a little while; and then I came home by a bit after ten-thirty – once we’d also taken care of the goodnight hugs and kisses.

Mom and Dad were still working in the office; the twins were doing some doctoral-level research; and they were going to be doing that for a while; so I got my computer and joined them instead of working from my room.  We used a time phase; some of us got everything done by a bit after midnight; and then they all went to bed while I came up to my room and continued to work and study while enjoying a soak in my Jacuzzi.  I still wasn’t done by the time I was in bed and cuddling with Mandy; so it took another hour and a half to get the last bits of work and studying finished that had been on my to-do list for tonight.

We’ll be back to school in the morning, and while I don’t have much booked beyond the normal everyday stuff over the next week; I’m sure we’ll still be busy – especially as we start some new learning modules in our classes that will keep us busy through to Easter.  It should get a bit quieter around here for a while – and I’m not just saying that because Violet and Dillon are back at their college home by now.  They stayed here as late as they could this afternoon, and had a micro visit with Mom, Dad, Uncle Adam, and Aunt Leanne on their way out of town; but I didn’t see them again after church; and had to settle for those quick goodbyes instead of a longer visit.  I did get to talk with Mom and Dad while we worked in the office; and got all of the news from their weekend away that was appropriate for a teen and kids audience; and even had some news updates via email from around the family.  the last part of that was mostly holiday news reports from my extended cousins – including some of the kids from Uncle Adam’s family, so while there wasn’t much news worth writing about here; I’m glad to hear that everyone had a fun break.

I need to have a nap break now, though, and don’t have anything to add to this report anyway; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!