Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** All of your favorite Magi Masters will be staying close to home as we head into summer! For Cassie and Michael, while their work will continue from home too, they will also be helping their best friends with getting ready for their wedding and moving into their new home - along with all of the other adventures ahead of them with family and friends! You will not want to miss out on all of the fun as life in Witch Falls heats up right along with the summer weather; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Saturday, October 8, 2016

Cassie's Journal - October 8, 2016



I was not ready for there to be a ‘three’ at the front of the temperature this morning when I went to meet up with Michael and go to the Inn for the breakfast shift.  Sure, it barely dipped below forty, and not for very long; but I’m not ready to be reminded that winter is on the way!

Those reminders were unavoidable today.  Everyone was bundled up for the chilly weather around here – at least until it warmed up a bit by early-afternoon.  A full, tough fall clean-up day had the same effect – especially when some of the jobs include getting everything ready for winter use or winter storage.  We worked our butts off today, and got a lot done; but I had fun too while spending a lot of that time with Dad – and with Mom, Ethan, and Ehlana when they were outside and helping too.  I’ll also point out that some of the physical work is easier now that Dad has his multi-purpose lawn tractor, and while it can’t do everything for us; it is much easier to deal with cleaning up the leaves and most of the fall debris thanks to the mulcher-bagger-vacuum attachments.

Moving along, I worked at the Inn until around nine o’clock; got to work at home as soon as I got changed into scruffy clothes; and we worked until nearly seven o’clock by the time we finished our to-do list and could stop for a late dinner.  Michael had a lot of the day off after the breakfast shift too, but he was doing yard work at home instead; and needed to be back at the Inn for the dinner-to-close shift.  He isn’t coming over after he’s done because we both decided to make it an early night; though some quality cuddle time would have been nice.  Instead of doing that, I’m going to be sleeping early tonight; which is why I’m multi-tasking this update while having me bedtime soak in the Jacuzzi.  I’ve finished a light version of my usual bedtime computing too; took care of one minor bit of family business work; and I’m about ready to get out of the tub and ready for bed once I’m done with this report.

Tomorrow is going to be a work day too; and I’m working the full lunch-to-close shift because Miranda had a lot of requests for time off this weekend to make up for the extra work we’ll all have for the fall festival weekend.  That’s a big part of the why I want the extra sleep tonight; since I’ll likely be up late working and studying after I get home from the Inn.  None of that work is romantic or exciting, but it does help me to appreciate the really great fun days even more; and I really do want to do my part to help the people I love the most.

Right now, I’ll help them – and me – most by getting into bed and off to dreamland; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!