Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** All of your favorite Magi Masters will be staying close to home as we head into summer! For Cassie and Michael, while their work will continue from home too, they will also be helping their best friends with getting ready for their wedding and moving into their new home - along with all of the other adventures ahead of them with family and friends! You will not want to miss out on all of the fun as life in Witch Falls heats up right along with the summer weather; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Sunday, October 23, 2016

Cassie's Journal - October 23, 2016



Movie night with Michael, Ethan, Ehlana, Naomi, and Aiden was a lot of fun – until I fell asleep; and then I don’t remember anything after that!
]
Michael was still with me when we woke up in the morning, so that was great too; though I’m not happy about missing out on the make-out time we might have had last night if I hadn’t gone into nap mode even before the kids in the room did – and that apparently happened too.  Mom and Dad did come for the kids, though; and left Michael with me because I have really awesome parents. ;^)

Tai Chi by the river was fun with the bonus exercise buddies; Michael and I had breakfast with his parents, and that was particularly nice because we had them to ourselves this morning.  That isn’t meant to be anything against Rebecca, because she knows I love her too, but she was out at the farm last night with Lucas and his family; and it is nice to get some time with Michael’s parents when we’re not competing with anyone for their attention.  Now that I think about that, it’s been a while since that’s happened with my parents too; so we should work on that sometime soon.

Moving along, we had a nice breakfast and chat; cleaned up; and then headed for church.  The service and Sunday school parts of my day were filled with music, fellowship, and fun; and then we headed home to have lunch before heading out on our pumpkin patch adventure.  I took the day off from the Inn to do that instead, but Michael had to work; so he couldn’t come along.  We did have some other teens along, including Rowen and Tim, but I spent most of my time running around with Ethan, Ehlana, their best friends, and most of our younger cousins.  We played in the corn maze; went on a hay ride that included pumpkin picking; some of us braved the haunted barn; and there were other games and rides geared toward the little kids – like pony rides, pumpkin bowling; and a hay bale pirate ship.  We also picked up some Halloween treats and bakery goods; but didn’t buy any fruit or vegetables from the market; but only because we’re getting all we need of both through the band fundraiser this year.

We headed for home in time to get everything put away, clean up, and then head for the Inn for the late buffet.  I wasn’t planning on working, but Miranda was short-handed; so I drafted myself to help out for a while – and hang out with Michael in the kitchen.  That meant missing the family dinner, but I was glad to help out instead; and had fun even while we worked hard until things were caught up in the kitchen,  I didn’t stay until close; and instead went home with my family after they’d finished having a leisurely dessert and visit with everyone they’d met up with for dinner – along with some friends and neighbors.

Dad had a lot of work to do tonight, so I got my computer and school gear; used a time phase; and did my homework, family business work, and language studies in the office so that Dad could get his work done faster too.  Mom worked too; Ethan and Ehlana studied for their college classes; and we worked until about eleven-thirty before we were all ready to call it a night.  I came straight up to bed; used another time phase while grabbing a shower and getting ready for bed; and if I wrap this up now; I’ll be sleeping my shortly-after midnight.  That’s worked out for me tonight, but all of the time phase power drain was a bit tough tonight; so I might need to cut back on that for a few days.

I’ll let you know if that works out for me or not, but that’s all for now; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!