Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** All of your favorite Magi Masters will be staying close to home as we head into summer! For Cassie and Michael, while their work will continue from home too, they will also be helping their best friends with getting ready for their wedding and moving into their new home - along with all of the other adventures ahead of them with family and friends! You will not want to miss out on all of the fun as life in Witch Falls heats up right along with the summer weather; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Sunday, October 2, 2016

Cassie's Journal - October 1, 2016



The top news of the day is that Michael and I got to go on our first ‘real’ date to the city today!

That was a surprise for me that I found out about while working the breakfast shift at the Inn; and it immediately helped to finish reviving me after not getting much sleep last night.  It also made the fall clean-up yard work much easier; and I got a lot done before wrapping that up for the day when we stopped for lunch at one o’clock.  I ate quickly; hit the shower; and got ready for my date with time to spare before Michael came top pick me up in his parents’ minivan.

Rowen and Tim were going on the date with us, but Tim drove his Corvette; and led the way out of town after we met up with them at Rowen’s house.  While I haven’t even driven very much since getting my license, it was exciting to be on our own for a trip to Crystal Springs for the first time!  The boys were good, safe drivers all the way there; and we began our adventure with some mall shopping time that included picking up gifts that we’d need for the next month or so until we’ll be back again for the Christmas shopping trip in early December.  From there, we went out to an early dinner; and then went to the movies.

We probably showed off our small town background with our movie pick, and it would be at least mildly ironic too if anyone there knew about us; but we still also enjoyed watching Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children.  That was fun, and has me wondering what Hollywood would do with our story; but we will hopefully never find out the answer to that question!  It was time to head home after that, but we stopped for snacks and drinks to take with us on the way out of the city.  One thing that isn’t as much fun about being able to drive ourselves for these dates is that we don’t get to cuddle or nap on the way home while someone else drives.  The trip home is definitely less-exciting; though I expect that we’ll continue to enjoy these occasional date nights for quite a while – especially since we won’t likely get to do them all that often.  I certainly don’t expect that we’ll be able to fit another one into our schedules for the rest of this year when we already have something on the go pretty much every weekend between now and New Year’s Day.

When we got home, Michael parked the minivan at his house; we checked in with his mother because she’d stayed awake until we were home safely; and then Michael came home with me for a minor make-out session in the lounge before we were ready to say goodnight and he went home again.  I’ve had some computing and family business work to do since then, but we have another big day ahead of us; and I need to get some sleep to be ready for it.  This really has been a great day; and a first, driving ourselves date that I’ll thankfully be able to remember forever.  Michael and I will be making up for the time off today with extra work at the Inn tomorrow, but we’ll have a lot more fun too.

I’ll save the why for that until the next report, though, and really do need to get some sleep so I’ll be ready for the second half of our weekend; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!