Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** All of your favorite Magi Masters will be staying close to home as we head into summer! For Cassie and Michael, while their work will continue from home too, they will also be helping their best friends with getting ready for their wedding and moving into their new home - along with all of the other adventures ahead of them with family and friends! You will not want to miss out on all of the fun as life in Witch Falls heats up right along with the summer weather; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Thursday, October 13, 2016

Cassie's Journal - October 12, 2016



Happy 3rd Birthday, Zack!

I’ll get to the birthday news soon, but this is a double update; so let’s back up and deal with the news starting with Tuesday morning.

My day began normally with Tai Chi by the river and breakfast in the sunroom; our school day was uneventful; and I was busy at lunch with cheerleading practice; so there weren’t any breaks in the action as I went from class-to-class-to-practice all day.  Our concert band practice after school was good, but not as much fun without Michael; the marching band practice was really great as we added more complexity to our half-time show routine; and our teen praise team practice started and ended late while we finalized everything for the service this Sunday.  Michael came home with me after that practice; we did our homework; Mom led us through a Magi lesson after that; and then we had a bit of bedtime fun with Ethan and Ehlana while tucking them in for the night.  Michael and I had a bit of cuddle time in the lounge after that, but he didn’t stay much longer because I had a lot of work to get done once he went home for the night.

You already know that my work and studying kept me busy until it was past four o’clock last night, and while I won’t bore you with the details here; I will mention that some of the work I’m doing right now for the family business includes trying to help out where we can in the Middle East hotspots.  The dangers involved there don’t affect me directly, but we care about the people involved – including everyone that works for companies or charities that we own; so I always have to be very careful with everything I do in those places.

Now, moving along to today, Zack’s birthday has had two impacts on my day.  The first is that my after-school work day got messed up because of his birthday dinner and party; and a sleepover with Brianna, Naomi, and Ehlana tonight is the second part of that – because Brianna didn’t want to stay at home while Zack had Eli and a few other buddies staying overnight there.  Aunt Leanne wanted to come to our sleepover too, but decided not to leave Uncle Adam on his own with a small gang of two and three-year old boys.

Apparently, you need more than a doctorate in medicine to handle a gang of toddlers! ;^)

We’ve had rain off and on today, so Zack didn’t have any birthday fun outdoors.  I didn’t have much outdoor time either, since Tai Chi was indoors; and it was too wet out at lunchtime to bother hanging out in the school yard.  Getting rained on while walking to school wasn’t fun either, but we’ve been fairly lucky about that so far this fall; so I’m not complaining.  There isn’t anything to report from my school day; I came home after last class while Michael was busy with football; and then I did a bit of family business work in a time phase before we needed to get over to Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne’s house to help out with Zack’s birthday party and dinner prep work.

Michael couldn’t join me for that – or Zack’s party; but he did stop by after football practice long-enough so that we could be together while Zack opened his gift from us before hurrying on to the Inn to help out with the dinner shift already in progress.  When I wasn’t helping with the cooking, I was on kid control; and that kept me busy through dinner too as I took care of Brianna, Leah, and some of the other younger girls while the guys in our family took care of Zack, Eli, and their buddies.  Ehlana and I had fun with that; Zack had a blast; and those of us who could escape after the dinner clean-up was finished were glad to do that.

Zack and Eli are scary with just the two of them, but when you add in the rest of their pre-school buddies; they’re Halloween-scary!

I still had homework to do once we were home, so I got started on that while Ehlana, Naomi, and Brianna watched Halloween cartoons.  Having a junior girls’ sleepover here meant that Michael couldn’t come over; but he’s likely happy about the chance for more sleep tonight.  That would have been nice for me too, but by the time I had three sleeping kids; my work and study schedule was totally messed up.  That’s why it’s again around four o’clock as I’m writing this; and I’m just as exhausted as I was last night.  I didn’t want to defer again for a triple-update, though – especially when we only have one more day until the start of the fall festival!

That, by the way, is something that I haven’t had time for this week – I haven’t been able to go over to the park to watch the midway set-up!  Even Ethan and Ehlana got to do that with Mom on the way back from the lab this afternoon, and while they liked doing that and watching the rides being assembled for a while; they’d trade that in a second for a chance to actually go on some of the thrill rides they’re too young or short for right now.

I’ve been there, and done that recently-enough to relate; so I’ll just try to make sure they have as much fun as possible instead.

Okay, as I’ve mentioned, we’re down to one day to go until the fall festival.  Staying up late tonight has helped to have me nearly-ready to take the three-day weekend off from the family business work and my language studies, so while I won’t get much sleep again tonight; I should be able to get some extra sleep tomorrow night  I hope.

I’ll let you know how that goes with my next update, but that’s all I have both for you and in me tonight, and it’s time to get started on that nap now; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!