Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Cassie's Journal - March 8, 2016



Happy 17th Birthday, Luke!

It’s a bit weird to be starting the next-level of friends’ birthdays, since I’m one of the last to make the grade cut for my own year.  Luke’s only a grade ahead of me, but almost two years older; and we don’t have a lot in common either.  My invitation had nothing to do with me anyway, since Rowen and I were invited along with Tim and Michael; so it wasn’t a big deal that we were on the fringe of the dinner party too.  We also barely made it out to Luke’s farm in time for dinner after band practice; and had to leave the party before dessert was served; so that worked out for the best anyway since our interruptions didn’t get in the way of the birthday fun.

We did have fun despite being rushed; but then rushed pretty much describes my entire day.  Tai Chi by the river was an exception to that general rule; but then we were busy the rest of the time before and after breakfast.  While writing tests and doing everything else we had on the go at school wasn’t difficult for me; we were busy all day too.  Even our lunch break was busy because there was some birthday fun for Luke with his girlfriend Denise and some of the friends that weren’t at his party after school.

After school, we were busy with band; and part of that practice was a preview of the music we’ll be doing with the marching band starting next month.  I haven’t really thought about that much, but our little concert band isn’t going to have as much to do over the next year as our marching band starts doing the parades instead.  We’ll still have the seniors’ parties and concerts at school; but we’ll also likely cut way back on the practices next fall.  For today, though, we used up our entire practice time, and then Tim met up with us at the school and Rowen’s mother gave the four of us a ride out to the Taylor farm for Luke’s birthday dinner.

We weren’t the only teens doing that after band, or the only group heading back to town in time for our praise team practice; but we didn’t have any extra passengers with us.  Dad came to pick us up for that trip back to town; and then he stayed at the church to help out as one of the volunteers working in the sanctuary this week.  The sanctuary is closed while that work is being done; so our praise team practice was in the fellowship hall instead.  We could still hear the noise from the work in the sanctuary, and they could hear our practice; but that’s a small price to pay for having the expanded sanctuary ready to go in time for Easter.

That practice was a blast of work and fun because we still have a lot to do before we’ll be ready for our contributions to the Easter season music and services; and that’s especially true when we have March Break between now and then.  My work and busy for the day was far from done after that, though; and Michael came home with me from the church so that we could get started on our homework.  We spent an hour doing that; Michael stayed long-enough to help me with tucking Ethan and Ehlana in for the night; and then he went home so that I could get started on the rest of my work and studying – about four hours ago.

I’ve doubled up the work and studying again tonight, and while that’s kept me up late again; I need to keep at it if I want to head to Colorado on Saturday morning and not need to take a lot of work with me.  Speaking of that, I’ve started to keep an eye on the forecast for Winter Park, and while going snowboarding with temperatures above freezing can be awesome; I hope it doesn’t get too warm out there!  This isn’t part of my ‘cover’ story, but I have been to a ski resort before when there haven’t been many runs left open due to snow melt; and it won’t be as much fun for us if that happens while we’re there next week – and way sooner than is normal for Colorado.

It’s going to be another short nap night for me again, though; so I shouldn’t waste that down time writing about something that I can’t do anything about.

Okay, I could; but Mom would get really mad if I tried to whip up a cold front in the Rockies ahead of our trip – not to mention that things like that can really mess with the weather in much bigger ways than can realistically be controlled.  It’s really for the best to leave things like that to Mother Nature – even when she doesn’t always give us what we want.

That’s definitely wandered off somewhere I didn’t need to go, and that means I’m too tired to be doing this anymore; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!