Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Cassie's Journal - March 15, 2016



It was colder today, and the amount of overnight snow – particularly when it came to how that piled up on the slopes, was both wonderful and a challenge for us mid-westerners.

Needing the extra time for getting around between the hotel and the slopes meant that we stayed at the hotel for another forgettable continental breakfast, but it was food; so maybe the food-snob in me should just shut up about it and not complain! ;^)

Everyone that lives and works around here is used to dealing with these snowfalls, so it’s no big deal to them, and I mostly found it amusing to know that the forecasts for this much snow – plus what’s still expected this week – would have the news media freaking out about another storm of the century; while here, it’s just another Tuesday.

Perspective is a wonderful thing!

I can also tell you that snowboarding in lots of fresh powder is amazing!  That was particularly true this morning when we were able to blaze new trails down the slopes for a while; and I can’t really describe very well how great it felt to be blasting down the mountain, kicking up waves of snow higher than our heads; and there’s something magical about the mountain air that comes with a lot of new snow that you just have to experience to understand.

If you’ve never done that; put it on your to-do list! ;^)

Since this has been our third day on the slopes, I’m not going to do another big report for the snowboarding, but we had just as much fun again today, and I guess if there’s any news to add; it’s that we’re getting better every day with using the lifts and moving around to different parts of the mountain more easily than we did on Sunday.  That means that we were able to get in a few extra runs; we burned off more energy; and we’re more tired now.

Well, there are other reasons that we’re tired; but I’ll get to that in a moment.  Before I do that, though, I will talk food again – and this time; it’s about the food options at the Winter Park Resort.

I can’t comment on the adult beverages that are served around here; though I will suggest that drinking and snowboarding is even dumber than drinking and driving – at least from a personal safety standpoint.  We also stayed away from Starbucks; though that’s strictly a personal choice – and not meant to be a hit on the company.  There are a handful of restaurant choices here, but because we’ve wanted to eat fast and run; we’ve gone with the comparatively fast food – pizza; and soup and sandwiches.  That didn’t stop us from polishing off a fair bit of food – especially Tim and Michael; but we didn’t do much sitting around and waiting to get our food.  Some of the members of our group have been at more of the restaurants, and have mostly been happy with the food and service too, but the four of us apparently have a need for speed – whether that’s while snowboarding or having our lunch break!

You could say that we had a need for speed at dinnertime too, but that was because we didn’t have much time for that meal before we all headed for the local movie theater and bowling center.  With limited fast food options that worked with our evening entertainment plans; that meant another visit to McDonalds.  The kids loved that; and the orders for most of the teen boys were frightening – especially for some of the parents with group bills!  Michael, Tim, Rowen, and I are paying for all of our own meals while we’re here, so we aren’t adding to the scary bills thing for our chaperones, but it is a good thing that Michael and Tim put in the extra time working ahead of this trip.  It’s also really great that we’re doing a lot of exercising this week – or the guys might be using Tim and Michael for weights when we go back to school next week instead of doing weight training with them.  I didn’t want to spoil anything for them, though; and didn’t mention how many thousands of bad calories they took in during dinner.

There are only two movie choices here, so it’s funny that some of us had a tough choice over which movie to see.  The kids didn’t have that problem; and went to see Zootopia.  Some of the teens and parents wanted to go and see that too – and did; but the rest of us opted for London Has Fallen instead – and that was entirely because the guys wanted to go with the movie where stuff gets blown up and bad things happen to politicians.  Then again, from what we heard later about Zootopia, the contrast between the action flick and the sloth scenes would have been too much of a shock for the adrenaline junkies among us! ;^)

Ha...
...Ha...
    ...Ha...

You’ll need to watch Zootopia – or at least the sloth scenes – to get that; but we got to hear all about it after the show.  I won’t pick on anyone’s sense of humor either; though I will suggest that you can only do that slow act for so long before it just isn’t entertaining anymore – and I’m already there for hearing the jokes and sloth imitations.

The end of the movies was also the end of the entertainment night for about two-thirds of our group, but the Palmers stayed with a group of us so we could try out the bowling; and we played two matches.  That was a bit too much for one day, which is also why I’ll be ready to crash and nap as soon as I’m finished with this update; so Michael is only going to be here for a cuddle buddy tonight.

Yes, I know, Aunt Leanne – that’s such a waste of a perfectly good opportunity to spend some quality play time together; but it’s the way it is – and Michel and I are good with that.

We came straight back to the hotel after the bowling, and while that was fun too; the only comment I’m going to make about my game play is that I had to cheat so that I didn’t bowl perfect games.  I don’t play many games like bowling, so I don’t actually have a lot of experience with that the way Mom does with billiards, bowling, and likely a half-dozen or more other similar sports and games; but it isn’t the same as it is for playing baseball or other sports that you don’t have full control over.  I know that normal people would say that you don’t have that much control over a game like bowling even if they might concede that’s possible on a pool table; but I expect that most Magi Masters do have total control.

That’s a combination of using our passive senses along with the capacity to work out all of the math with certainty; which is why luck had nothing to do with it – whether I was bowling a strike; making spares; or missing splits.  I drew the line at throwing gutter balls; but then we did have a handful of Magi with us; so that didn’t happen much anyway.  I did win both games for our foursome, and Rowen and I had fun with that; but Tim just insisted that he and Michael had been too busy enjoying the scenery to play their best.  He was definitely only half-joking about that, since Rowen and I did look pretty good for our night out; so he’s likely right about that affecting their play too.

I’d better not go there; or I might start thinking that I’m not as tired as I am – and we have a busy day planned for tomorrow!

When we got back to the hotel, we all came straight up to our rooms; I’ve been doing my bedtime computing that’s included some family business work; and Rowen and Michael will be doing the roommate swap thing soon.  I don’t have any news from the work side of my computing, but have had some emails from home and elsewhere.  The weather has been a lot warmer back home, and while they’ve had a bit of rain today; Ethan and Ehlana have been enjoying a lot of outdoor time with Naomi, Aiden, and some other friends.  Doing some biking and playing at the park with them would have been great, but then if we’d been home this week; Michael, Tim, and Rowen would have all be doing extra work with their part-time jobs; so that wouldn’t have been as much fun.

Michael and I wouldn’t have been able to get away with nightly sofa sleepovers either; so that works out better for us too.

That sleepover with Michael is now at the top of my to-do list, and I don’t have any other news from today; but I should mention that we won’t be on the slopes tomorrow.  Instead of doing that; we’ll be having a hot sulfur springs and shopping play day.  The sulfur springs experience will be a first for most of the members of our group; but it’ll definitely be more fun for me to do that with Michael, so even though we won’t be having an extreme fun kind of day; it is going to be great – and I’m glad that we’re getting to experience more than just the snowboarding while we’re here.

I can write all about that tomorrow night, though, and you can flip the digital page to read all about it right away; so let’s wrap this up and I’ll get started on my cuddly winter’s nap with Michael!

Until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!