Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Saturday, March 26, 2016

Cassie's Journal - March 25, 2016



There is no proper way to recognize Good Friday the way that we do for other holidays.  That’s true for Memorial Day too; but this holiday weekend is still different with the contrast from solemn on Friday to joyous on Sunday.

Before I get to the report for today; I’d better back up and try to add some of the news I’ve missed while working too hard.  I’m only going to do that for yesterday; since some of that news relates to what’s been going on today and for the rest of the weekend.

First up, our Thursday at school was mostly fun and games.  The primary grades had Easter parties; did a little parade; and had an entertainment assembly in the gym.  Our concert band was at the church again – this time for the Easter social for the seniors.  We provided the background music; there was a magician and an a capella quartet; and we got to spend the afternoon playing instead of hanging out in our classes – where our classmates were mostly playing too.

While I worked at the Inn last night, I missed out on the incoming family we have here for the weekend – though none of them are staying with us – except for a kid exchange that we’re doing tonight because all of the kids want to be with their families for Easter morning on Sunday.  We have Jaimie, Kaitlyn, and Jayden here tonight; which is why this report is coming to you so late despite the fact that I need to be up early to help out with the breakfast buffet at the Inn.  Uncle Blaine, Aunt Alison, and the kids are here – and staying at Uncle Mark and Aunt Grace’s house along with Grandpa Duncan and Aunt Mercy.  The Rice clan is away this weekend; and while Aunt Deborah’s family is here; the rest of the Johnson and McEwan clans are away.  The Stone family isn’t here for this weekend, and I have to wonder why not when this is the only holiday weekend of the year when the Inn is closed for two of the three days.  I think it’s the best weekend for Jacob’s parents, sister, and her family to visit; but they apparently don’t agree.

Though I didn’t get to do any visiting with our extended family last night, I did get to do that a bit today – when Michael and I weren’t busy with the church service or his family.  There was lots of work to do too; but some of that included spending time with our families.

I’m not going to write much about the Good Friday service at church.  Anyone reading this will know what’s involved unless the services change radically between now and whenever you’re reading this.  Michael and I sang a duet, but the service is always solemn – as it should be; and always leaves me feeling sad and uncomfortable.  Even the family time for the rest of the day is affected; so it isn’t exactly a party atmosphere around here for the rest of the day.  That doesn’t mean we didn’t have any fun; because we did.  I’m just saying that the whole mood is much more subdued than normal.

Michael and I had lunch at his house; and his parents hosted the Bassett clan for that meal.  We worked before and after it; had a bit of play time too; and then moved on to my house.  Mom and Dad were hosting the family dinner – mostly because they thought that was fair since everyone else has weekend guests.  Once again, Michael and I helped out both before and after dinner with the work; we had a bit of play time; and then Michael stayed for some cuddle time with me while we watched a movie with Jaimie, Kaitlyn, and all six of the younger kids staying here tonight.  That includes Naomi, Sophia, and Aiden, and while Sophia was not invited just to make three couples; that did work out nicely for Jayden! ;^)

Michael’s working the breakfast buffet too, so he went home about an hour after the movie ended – after we had the kids tucked in for the night.  After he left, Jaimie and Kaitlyn sat up and talked with me for another hour, and once they were in bed; I got started on some must-do family business work along with my usual bedtime computer and email checks.  The work took longer than I’d hoped, but I did get it done; and now I’m way past ready to crash.

I’m going to miss out on the Easter Egg Hunt in the park tomorrow; and pretty much all of the family fun including the shopping and the buffet they’ll be going to at the Inn too, but Michael and I owe his parents for letting us have March Break off for our trip; so we’ll keep putting in the time – especially when they expect to be a bit overwhelmed with customers tomorrow.

I’ll let you know how that goes; but it’s time for me to get started on my nap now; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!