Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Cassie's Journal - March 16, 2016



This is going to be a short update; and I’ll start with a bit of news from home.

Mom, Ethan, and Ehlana headed for Crystal Springs this morning; and will be staying there until sometime on Friday.  Mom’s birthday is tomorrow; so they’re going to celebrate it in the city with Dad – and with some members of our family too.  I’ll write more on that tomorrow instead of doing that twice.  Some shopping, going out to dinner; and work or movie time back at the hotel were the top entertainment events for them; though I doubt that Dad found the work all that entertaining.  With two kids in the room; I’ll guess that Mom and Dad didn’t have a very romantic night either; but let’s not go there – they didn’t! ;^)

Our day here in Colorado was great.  The visit to Hot Sulfur Springs was fun for all of us; if maybe not quite as exciting for the younger kids as it was for the teens and parents.  The guys particularly liked the girls in swimsuits part of that part of our adventure today, and while I liked trying out the hot springs pools; I’ll also admit that it isn’t something I’d rush back to do again.  That’s definitely a personal thing; since most of the girls in our group are now huge fans – Rowen included.

While visiting the sulfur springs was the top entertainment event of our day, and shopping was second on that list; the teachers in our group also had us visit a museum.  They’re teachers, and that’s their job, but to be blunt; that was the most-boring part of our day for, well, all of us.  I was going to write that as true for the kids and teens; but most of the parents felt the same way – even if they tried not to admit it.  I’m not making a hit on the museum, which is also why I’m not saying which one we went to, but if parents expect to impress their teens with something like that; don’t do it for any kids in our town after Grade Eight.  Most museums are going to pale in comparison to the Smithsonian!

I do want to wrap this up soon, since Michael’s going to be here anytime now; but I should have mentioned that we went out for a sit-down breakfast this morning on our way to the hot sulfur springs; we had a soup and sandwiches kind of lunch stop; and then visited another steakhouse for dinner after our shopping fun.  We did that a bit later, so by the time we were done dinner and drove back to the hotel; it was past-nine.  Rowen and I have been in our room since then while the boys are in their home for the week; and I’ve already finished my bedtime computing and some time-phased family business work that also allowed Rowen to get her hair done after her shower in record time.

Michael and I are going to watch a movie after Rowen’s over with Tim; there will definitely be some quality make-out time; and then we’ll get some sleep so we’ll be ready to get out on the slopes again tomorrow.  All of that is going to be fun, and while that’s been true of nearly everything we’ve done today too; I am ready to take the fun level back up to extreme again – with the snowboarding tomorrow!

You were thinking the same thing I was before I added the snowboarding part of that, but Michael and I won’t be bending or breaking our self-imposed rules – no matter how much we sometimes want to do just that.

We do still manage to have fun, though, and I have a movie and make-out session to get to now; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!