Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Saturday, March 12, 2016

Cassie's Journal - March 12, 2016



We’re here in Colorado; and it’s been a very long travel day that was exciting, tedious, busy, and far too slow; depending on what part of our day we’re discussing.

Getting up early wasn’t hard despite the lack of sleep; and giving Michael his wake-up call was fun for me – and gave us something to do while Rowen was using my bathroom to grab a shower.  We were all ready for the day within a half hour; though Rowen and I couldn’t have our hair totally dried by then.  We managed to get ready without waking Ethan, Ehlana, or their friends; but Mom and Dad got up to see us off.  Tim’s parents both looked as though they wished they were still sleeping; but declined Tim’s offer to drive us to the airport.  He was a bit disappointed about that; but we managed to keep him entertained during the drive to the airport.  We did the drive as part of a mini caravan; and part of the reason for that was because there were then extra drivers available to help out with getting everyone going on the trip to the airport while also getting some of the vehicles into parking lots either before or after the travelers were dropped off at the departures terminal entrance.

Once at the airport, we had a blast of hurry up and wait that wasn’t too terrible because our flight was one of the first heading out in the morning, but we were still there early; and had extra time once we’d finished jumping through all of the hoops that make air travel such a royal pain now.  We had breakfast while we waited for our boarding time; and then pretty much just sat around watching the action going on around us.

This might be a good point to mention that my assigned chaperones for the week are Brent and Sharon Palmer.  They’re in charge of Michael, Tim, Rowen, and four more teens including Anna-Marie; but I’m definitely in their group for a reason.  I don’t expect to have any problems with Dark Magi this week; but I’m sure that Brent and Sharon don’t mind getting to go with us for the extreme snow adventure while being here for me should I need the help.

Moving along, we eventually were on our plane and had a one-stop, two-jet flight out to Denver.  The stop and plane change was fairly short; but we still spent hours on the jets; and then had another long delay in Denver as we retrieved our luggage; rented the ten-passenger vans we needed to haul everyone around for the week; and then drove to Winter Park.  It wasn’t really fun to me, but it was raining when we left home; and we had a bit of rain while on the drive to our hotel too.  It was also warmer than expected; so there was definitely some snow melt going on today – just as it was melting yesterday; judging by the snow report I’ve been checking every day for the past week.

The drive out to Winter Park has a lot of amazing scenery to enjoy – if you’re not one of the drivers of those over-sized vans.  We were with Brent and Sharon in their van – and with their entire group; and we brought up the rear of our caravan while the Robinsons led the way to the hotel.  It was late-afternoon by the time we got there – even with the time change; so we went straight to the hotel and checked in.  Getting that done took a while; though the adults in our group split up to get that done while we – the teens and kids – either watched the luggage or took turns doing a bit of exploring.  From there, we split up onto two different floors for our rooms, and while I know that we didn’t all get to have mountain-view rooms; Rowen and I did get to have one of them – and the view is spectacular!

We’ll be out there snowboarding on that mountain tomorrow, but to be honest; I was glad that we didn’t have time to go to the resort today.  I was tired by then; and we still hadn’t even gone out to dinner yet.  Our chaperones allowed us forty-five minutes to freshen up and settle into our rooms; and then we gathered in the lobby before going out to eat.  There is a decent selection of restaurants of varying types available around here, but our small town showed up with the kids and teens because we all wanted to go to Pizza Hut for our first dinner in Winter Park.  Try not to let that scare you, but when you rarely have anything other than frozen pizza or those pizza kits in a box; Pizza Hut is teen food heaven! ;^)

Yes, I’m saying that even when my boyfriend’s father is a gourmet chef; and I’m also saying that I loved the pizza; spending that time with my friends; and even the play time we had with Mr. and Mrs. Robinson’s kids when they wanted to hang out with Michael, Tim, Rowen, and me instead of with their parents.  After a long travel day, that was the least we could do for the parents in our group; but we didn’t continue with kid control after we got back to the hotel – mostly because the youngest kids were ordered off to bed for the night.

Turning in early was an option, but Michael, Tim, Rowen, and I went on a full tour of the hotel first; and then headed back to our room – Rowen’s and mine.  We talked about trying out the hot tub, but decided against that; mostly because there were other guests there using it; and I didn’t want to be in a comparatively small room with a group of strangers while wearing a swimsuit.

So my small town was showing for that too; but it’s the way I am; and Rowen was with me on that one – even though Tim voted for the girlfriends in swimsuits time.  I do want to try out that hot tub sometime while we’re here; but maybe we can do that with the other teens in our own group sometime when we can do that without a bunch of spectators.  I’ll keep you posted on how that goes for us.

As for tonight, it wasn’t all that late when we got back to our room; so we watched some television and cuddled in pairs on the two beds.  A roommate swap was discussed, but we decided to be good tonight – if only because we’re all tired – and we didn’t want to risk messing things up with our chaperones on our first night here.

I’m not actually worried about that, since I fully expect that there will be other teen roommate swaps with the rest of our friends too, but I really am tired; so it isn’t as if Michael and I would have been doing anything other than sleeping tonight if he had stayed and Rowen had gone to their room with Tim for the night.

Rowen’s already asleep as I write this, and the boys went to their room about forty-five minutes ago.  I suppose that none of what I’ve written about for today sounds very exciting, but travel days really aren’t the best part of any holiday.  If they were, then people would just fly around on planes and drive to and from airports all day, every day; and skip the destination play time.  We’re going to get started on that first thing in the morning, though, and we have a time change to deal with too; so it’s time for me to wrap this up and get some sleep.

After the boys left, Rowen and I got ready for bed; I’ve done my usual bedtime computing that is only slightly different than normal because I’m working through Mom’s encrypted network tunnel while on the hotel wireless network.  That adds a bit of a delay for everything; but allows me to still have access to our normal systems too – and keeps my computing private.  I didn’t have any family business work to take care of, but did have a handful of email to read and respond to – including from Mom and Ehlana; and some more from my cousins and favorite collegians looking for travel updates.  That was all fun, but I’m glad that I don’t have extra work to do tonight.  That also means that I’m done with this update and can go off to sleep; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!