Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Sunday, March 27, 2016

Cassie's Journal - March 27, 2016



Happy Easter!

Happy 5th Birthday, Jayden!

Okay, having your birthday land on Easter is a bit strange; but Jayden seemed happy enough with sharing his special day with the Easter Bunny.  Getting all of the bonus gifts that go with a double celebration was pretty good for him too.

I wasn’t around for the morning fun for Easter or Jayden’s birthday because I was up way too early and had to hurry to get dressed up an over to the church so that I could help with getting everything ready for the sunrise service and pancake breakfast. The church was not packed for that first service today, but that was expected; since the new sanctuary is supposed to be big-enough for our congregation to grow over the next ten or twenty years.  Celebrating our first Easter in the bigger sanctuary was really special; and that was partly because Michael and I had yet another really wonderful musical moment or three together as part of the service.

As a Magi Master, maybe I should have started this update with the real reason for the holiday instead of writing about birthdays and bunnies, but knowing that only other Magi will ever read this; that would really just be preaching to the choir.  If, by some chance, you haven’t read the Magi archives that documented Jesus’ life and were written by the Magi that watched those events unfold; you really should do that.

While we – the teens – change up the music and skits every year, we still always tell the most well-known parts of the resurrection story; and it’s always a joyous celebration.  I love all of that, but then it’s a bit of a challenge for me to get into cooking and cleaning mode for the pancake breakfast that we immediately needed to get busy with after that first service.  Two sittings later; and it was back to the sanctuary for our regular, one-hour-delayed service, and while that was a bit of a break for Michael and me; we did still have one duet to sing – an encore from the sunrise service.  With the Inn closed, we didn’t have to rush off to work; except that we had to rush off to work anyway – at Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne’s house.

We were drafted for the Easter dinner work crew instead of kid control; so we worked in the kitchen and dining room for more than an hour; had the early family dinner; and then helped with the clean-up while our visiting guests all headed in different directions to pack up; load their vehicles; and hit the road for home.  Yes, that was a lot of work, but compared to helping out with four buffets at the Inn on Saturday; it wasn’t so bad – and we did at least get to spend some time with my family!  Michael and I did a round of goodbyes with my aunts, uncles, and cousins as they were heading out of town – or staying home while we moved on to his aunt and uncle’s house for Easter dinner number two for the day.

That was a really great change – of location for where we were working! ;^)

We helped with the pre-dinner work; enjoyed another great meal that we were too full from the last meal to really appreciate as much as we’d have liked; and then we were on the clean-up crew after dinner along with the other drafted teens, kids, and a few fathers.  It might sound as if I’m complaining about all of the work, but I’m not trying to do that – only report that a lot of my day was spent cooking and cleaning.  Michael and I were not alone in doing that; so don’t feel bad for us.  This is just one of those things about growing up that aren’t always fun – even when we still manage to keep entertained while doing all of the work!

Michael and I did get to have some time to ourselves after that, and he came home with me so that we could have some fun together – doing our weekend homework!  Yes, that’s right, folks; we’ve been so busy this weekend that we left our homework until the last minute!  We did that work in the lounge; had Ethan and Ehlana with us to supervise and make sure that we got everything done; and then we had a bit of music practice time before we took care of getting them tucked in for the night.  Mom and Dad joined us for that; Michael and I had a chat with them in the office before he went home while Dad was finishing up his weekend work; and then I came back up to my room after seeing Michael out and on the way home.

I’ve been working on my computer since then; cheated with a time phase to speed up my family business work and language studies; and now I’m wiped out again and ready to crash.  I’m going to need the sleep and likely some self-healing in the morning too, but it’s been a really good day work and all; and I am up-to-date for all of my work and studies.  I’d take a look at the week ahead before wrapping this up, but I’d rather get started on the napping now instead of after that, and you can just keep flipping digital pages to read ahead on the life I still have to live anyway; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!