Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Winter has, for the most part, been mild so far - or awesome for the month that Cassie and Michael spent in summertime-Australia! They are home now and will be working from home for most of the time until Easter. The hometown work will include getting ready for their next trip, but there will be a lot of fun to get in on and share with their favorite people - including their March Break trip to Florida adventure. All of your favorite Magi Masters will continue to work and play while their future plans unfold; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Monday, November 30, 2015

Cassie's Journal - November 30, 2015



Grandma and Grandpa are back in Arizona until they come home again for Christmas in three weeks.  As usual, I don’t feel as though I spent nearly enough time with them, but even if I’d been around them more; the chances are good that we’d have spent that time competing for play time with my younger cousins – especially Brianna.  They had fun while they were here, and I’m glad that they’re able to enjoy their retirement; so I’ll be grateful for the time we can spend together – and hope that we can do more of that while they’re home for a longer visit at Christmas.

Their travel day probably wasn’t as much fun as my day at school.  You might think that wouldn’t be a tough threshold to cross; but Michael and I did have a pretty good day thanks to our first practices with the primary classes that we’re accompanying for the school Christmas concert.  The kids are always fun to work with, and we’re going to get to play with them at least once every day between now and the concert; so I’m sure that the daily musical entertainment will keep Michael and I in the Christmas spirit – even when we get into the next round of tests that we’ll definitely be doing over the next couple of weeks ahead of the Christmas break.

We won’t have final exams to deal with like my favorite collegians will before most of them come home for Christmas, but I won’t go there; since exams just aren’t that big of a story anymore for Violet, Dillon, and the others now that they’re veterans at writing them.

Here at home, the last day of November was a bit dull – both for the weather and the non-play time parts of the day.  Football talk ruled for the guys in our usual group; the girls were happy to talk Thanksgiving and Christmas; and the gossip network was busy with all of the latest buzz on teen relationships.  The last part of that does not include anything I need to pass on for posterity in my journal; so let’s just not go there.

While the Christmas concert practices were the highlights of the day for me at school; most of those fun moments of my day happened while hanging out with Michael from the time we were set free from last class until he went home at eleven o’clock.  Doing our homework and helping out with the cooking and clean-up on both sides of dinner wasn’t very exciting, but our Magi lesson; music practice; play time with Ethan and Ehlana before they went to bed; and a bit of make-out time in the lounge to end our evening did add up to make a dull day a pretty good one too.

Mom’s Magi lesson was more important in the grand scheme of things, but our music practice was longer because we’re working on a lot of things – including band, teen praise team, and all of the music we’re doing for the school Christmas concert.  The school music includes another duet we’ve been drafted for; and we picked the Christmas duet from the new Pitch Perfect movie – my current favorite Christmas song from a non-Christmas movie!  We’re making up our own arrangement of the Winter Wonderland – Here Comes Santa Claus mash-up; mostly because Michael doesn’t want to include much of the rapping that’s in the album version of the song.  I like this pick because it’s the first duet we’ll have done that is just a fun song instead of the more emotional songs we’ve done together so far – at least when it comes to concerts at school or services at church.

Our play time with Ethan and Ehlana included them hanging out with us while we were practicing our music; but our real play time was some video gaming in the lounge and setting up and decorating the little tree that helps to make my room feel so festive during the holidays.

Thinking about that has me thinking about Rowen – and our first Christmas as best friends.  She was doing her own thing today with her family – and Tim; so she wouldn’t have been able to help decorate the lounge tonight.  Since she did get her shiny new driver’s license today; I’ll guess that she’d have picked going out for a drive with her mother and everything else she and Tim had planned for tonight over that anyway.  It’s a bit sad that we don’t still get to do everything together the way it seemed that we did when I first moved here, but that isn’t all bad; and there are some things that we just don’t want to share anyway – like make-out time with our respective boyfriends! ;^)

Moving along and not thinking about that too much; it was back to work and studying for me after Michael went home for the night.  I didn’t want to be up all night doing that, so I opted for some quality time phasing to get everything done faster – at least in real time.  That’s the only reason it isn’t heading toward five o’clock or so as I write this now; but it feels that late to me after the power drain it took to make that happen.  The work went well; the archive assignment was tough to get through without falling asleep; and my language studies are far-enough ahead that I should be done early and be able to take an extra week off at Christmas before moving on to my next language.

The only thing I want to move on to right now, though, is some serious sleep time.  I have covered the news highlights, and I’ll need all of the sleep I can get since my schedule is just going to get busier through the rest of the week; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!