Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Friday, November 27, 2015

Cassie's Journal - November 26, 2015



Happy Thanksgiving!

We have had a really great day; though I’ll begin with the not-so-fun news that we also had to deal with a very rainy day too – and I mean very, very rainy!  That was too bad, since it was also fairly warm out; and it would have been nice to spend time outdoors enjoying that warm instead of just dodging the raindrops as we ran between houses for the family dinners and visits to other neighbors and friends.

The rain hadn’t started first thing this morning, so Tai Chi by the river was an option; and then I got ready for the day right away so that I could go over to Michael’s house and help out with the work going on there to get ready for their family dinner.  I had breakfast there too, but that was just a snack meal that we ate while continuing the work on the main meal of the day.  Lucas wasn’t there for breakfast, but he did come over by mid-morning to hang out with Rebecca.  They’ve been doing the same thing today that Michael and I have been – attending the early dinner with the Stone-Bassett clan; and then they spent the rest of the day with his family while Michael was with me and mine.

Working all morning might not seem like a fun way to spend the day, but it wasn’t all work and no play.  We watched the Macy’s parade in the living room when we could – and even brought some of the work with us so that we could do that; and the chat time was really special too.  The guys talked football quite a bit too, but Miranda, Rebecca, and I were happy to do our own thing whenever our favorite boys were busy talking sports.  Jacob puts on the best family dinners in town – and possibly one of the best in the world, but compared to running the Inn; getting all of the work done for a holiday meal for under fifty people was easy.  Most of the hard work was done by the time most of the members of the Bassett clan and a few other guests began arriving; and then Michael and I were put on kid control through until the end of dinner.

I was really happy to spend that time with Michael’s cousins.  It’s been tough making enough time for Ethan and Ehlana; and we’ve hardly spent any time with Jessica, Ryan, and Sophia at all over the past few months.  That isn’t fair for them, and we’d like to do more; but let’s not get into my usual regrets over things like this today and move along.

While the living room television was being used for parades and football today, video gaming was an option for the kids in the second-floor room that neither Michael nor Rebecca really use as a play room much anymore.  We were up there a lot until shortly before dinner was served; and that was a fun little interlude before the familial chaos that was our first Thanksgiving dinner of the day.  The food was amazing; Michael and I got to sit and talk with the other teens and young adults at the far-end of the table from the parents and grandparents; and I especially loved hearing about what Michael’s college cousins had been doing over the past few months while away at school.  I don’t keep in very close contact with them compared to the rest of my favorite collegians; but that’s mostly their choice.  I do exchange emails with them – they just don’t usually offer nearly the same amount of details that Violet, Stephanie, and Christina do with me.

College stories are getting to be more interesting to Rebecca and Lucas now that they’re getting closer to their senior year; but Michael and Lucas were also both happy to talk college football with the other guys too.  Tim would have loved being there for that; but I’m sure he’s had lots of football talk at the Landry family Thanksgiving – even if he probably didn’t get very much of that with Rowen’s family.  While Michael and I weren’t into the college living stories quite the same was that Rebecca and Lucas were, I have been thinking about college more; and it’ll soon be time to start working on that part of my future plans fairly soon.  That’s going to include getting Michael, Tim, and Rowen on-board with what I’d like to do, but I don’t need to go there with this report; and won’t need to begin dealing with that until sometime next May or June.

While we spent most of the dinner time talking with the older cousins, I also had Jessica next to me; so there was a bit of kid time action too.  She tried to keep up with our collective conversations too, and Jessica is the eldest of the younger cousins, but she also can’t quite relate to some of the college chat topics yet; she was bored with some of the topics; and had to split her time between us and the other kids.  As usual, it felt a bit strange to be at a family dinner with Erica and Caleb – especially this year when I’ve not only been a cheerleader with Erica; but I’ve also been around her during quite a few chats about how tough it has been to have her boyfriend away at college for her senior year of high school.

I’m glad that Michael and I won’t have to deal with that; and I’m sure that Erica and Caleb have both been enjoying his time at home – even if she has been stuck in classes for three of the days he’s been here.

Dinner was winding down by a bit after two o’clock, and then it was time for some of us to get back to work on the clean-up crew.  Michael and I were two of the draftees; and that’s why we didn’t end up having much down  time to just hang out with his family before it was time for us to head over to Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne’s house.  We stopped in for a quick visit with Rowen and Tim at her house on the way there, but they were in between family meals too; so we didn’t have much time to spend with them.  Everyone else in our collective group was already there by the time Michael and I arrived; but we still had more than an hour to just hang out and have fun.  We split that time between the living room and the play room; enjoying chances to visit with the adults and then play with the kids until everyone was called for dinner.

Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne had quite a gang over despite it being an away holiday for our family; and that was mostly because they invited Uncle Nick’s family to join us so that he and Aunt Deborah didn’t have to try and do two family dinners too.  That plan worked out pretty well for Ethan, Ehlana, and Zack too, since Naomi and Eli were there with their parents and some of their Ayres and Seager relatives.  Michael had a tougher time, since the younger boys all wanted to hang out with him, but I ended up with a bit less to do for the kid control work; and I got to spend bonus time taking care of Brianna.  Sure, she was popular with the parents and grandparents in the house too; but I got to take care of her while we had dinner.

I volunteered for that job, and while I did eat some food; two major meals was just too much for me to be able to handle eating a second full dinner.  Michael did better for that than I did; but then he’s also done a fair bit of running around with the boys both before and after dinner.  We were both on the post-dinner clean-up crew because we didn’t help with any of the pre-dinner work; and then we again split the rest of our evening between playing with the kids and visiting with the adults.  The number of guests at the house began to drop not long after the kitchen and dining room clean-up was finished; and that slow exodus began with Uncle Nick and Aunt Deborah when they made the fairly last-minute decision to hit the road for their weekend away with her family tonight instead of early Friday morning.

We kept Leah and Sebastian with us while they went home to pack their car; and then they picked up the kids once they were ready to leave town.  Since Sebastian was nodding off before they even pulled out of the driveway and Leah didn’t likely stay awake through the first show they put on for her to watch on her iPad; I’ll guess that they have had an easy trip.  Not having one or two cranky kids in the car for the long drive will be worth the trade-off for the late night – and they can always get family support for the kids in the morning if they want to sleep in and miss out on some of the Black Friday shopping fun.

That isn’t going to happen for me, since I’m going to be up extra-early to go and help out at the Inn with the breakfast buffet; so I’d better move this along and get some sleep.

Michael and I were among the last to leave Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne’s house – and that was after Mom and Dad took the twins home for the night.  We helped out with the final living room, play room, and kitchen clean-up; took care of Brianna’s bedtime cuddle and music time; and Michael helped with getting Zack to bed too when my too-busy cousin wanted to try and party all night instead of listening to his parents.  All of that work and family time was fun, but I was ready to come home – and glad that Michael came in with me so that we could have a bit of cuddle time for two before he needed to move on to his place.  Ethan and Ehlana had still been awake then, but they were also in their rooms; so we stopped in for bedtime visits with them on our way up to the lounge.  That was at the same time that Mom and Dad went to bed; so all was fairly quiet in the house after that.

We watched a movie, enjoyed a bit of quiet make-out play time; and then Michael headed home at a bit after eleven-thirty.  He wouldn’t let me see him out this time, so I was likely changed and in bed before he was; and Mandy was happy to snuggle with me while I fired up my computer to do my bedtime computer and email checks.  That didn’t take too long, and even with one tiny bit of work to do for the family business; that didn’t even take as long as writing a few emails to my cousins did.  I haven’t been sent any holiday reports yet, but I sent news from home with those email; and will likely hear back from most of my cousins by tomorrow night.

This report hardly seems to even begin to cover everything that happened today, but holidays are just like that – a blur of cameo moments that would take too long to write about; yet add up to an amazing day with my family and friends.  I really need to get some sleep now, though, and I have covered at least some of the highlights; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!