Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Winter has, for the most part, been mild so far - or awesome for the month that Cassie and Michael spent in summertime-Australia! They are home now and will be working from home for most of the time until Easter. The hometown work will include getting ready for their next trip, but there will be a lot of fun to get in on and share with their favorite people - including their March Break trip to Florida adventure. All of your favorite Magi Masters will continue to work and play while their future plans unfold; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Thursday, November 26, 2015

Cassie's Journal - November 25, 2015



Compared to the rest of my family, I’ve had a fairly uneventful final school day of the week.

Tai Chi by the river was nice; breakfast in the sunroom was a bit sad because I had to also say goodbye to Violet and Dillon; and then I headed off to school while everyone else was either getting ready to travel or had a birthday party to look forward to for Sebastian.

Happy 1st Birthday, Sebastian!

I can honestly say that I haven’t really thought about Sebastian’s birthday being so close to Thanksgiving as a potential childhood issue for him, and it isn’t one at his age this year; but I can envision him feeling as though the holiday gets in the way of his special day in the future.  Having his big day when there is so much going on around here today was more of an issue for everyone else close to him.  To deal with that, Aunt Deborah and Uncle Nick had his birthday party at the Inn during Uncle Nick’s lunch break from school.  That allowed the traveling members of our family to attend before heading out of town; and didn’t get in the way of friends and family that were busy with holiday weekend work or incoming guests during the rest of the day.

Violet and Dillon stayed for the party, but left directly from the Inn.  Uncle Mark, Aunt Grace, and Caleb are spending the weekend in Granite Park for the ‘away’ holiday with the other side of Aunt Grace’s family; so they were also glad to still be able to celebrate Sebastian’s birthday before heading out – though they didn’t leave right after lunch.  Mom, Dad, Ethan, and Ehlana were invited too, but Michael and I had other commitments at school; and needed to use parts of our lunch break to get ready to help out with the afternoon fun that was planned for the primary kids.

While we did have fun today at school, Michael, Tim, and Rowen were all working after school, and since we don’t have any visitors or house guests this weekend; I ended up with nothing specific to do from the time I got home from school until now.  Though I had my work and studying done for the week, there’s always more to do with the family business; and I decided to go with the bonus work time – mostly because Ethan and Ehlana were busy with Naomi and Aiden anyway; and playing with their friends at Naomi’s house once her father had picked them up after he was finished at the school.

They were gone for dinner too, so Mom and Dad decided to work in the office after we had an easy-meal and cleaned up.  Dad even got all of his weekend homework done thanks to another time phase that I was happy to help him out with until shortly before Ethan and Ehlana were brought home for the night.  The twins and I decided to end our day with a movie in the lounge; Mom and Dad opted to join us for that; and then Michael came over after he was finished at the Inn for the night so that we could have a bit of cuddle time ahead of what will definitely be a busy holiday weekend.  He caught the tail-end of the movie; we took care of getting Ethan and Ehlana tucked in for the night; and then we had nearly an hour of alone time in the lounge while Mom and Dad opted to go to bed then too.

No, sleeping is not yet involved; but let’s not go there!

While a more serious make-out session might have been fun, Michael was as tired as I am after not getting much sleep last night; so we were both happy to keep our play time soft, sweet, and tender instead of hot and heavy.  We half-watched some music videos while cuddling and caressing, and when I eventually started to fall asleep; Michael decided that it was time for him to head home.  A sofa sleepover would have been nice, but we’re expecting to need one of those later this weekend and don’t want to use up our bonus points on that tonight.

I saw Michael out with hugs and kisses on the front porch; watched him walk home; and then came back up here to get ready for bed.  Other than an email check, this is the only bedtime computing I’m doing tonight; and I don’t expect to be awake for very long after I wrap this up.  The Inn is closed for Thanksgiving tomorrow, and Michael and I will get to spend most of the day together, but even without any visiting family; it’s going to be fairly busy keeping up with our families.  Michael’s parents are hosting the Bassett clan Thanksgiving dinner; we’ll be there for that; and then we’ll move on to the dinner at Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne’s house that will include my family, the home town Johnson clan, and some of Uncle Nick’s family – including the Seagers.

Maybe it’s a good thing that I’ll be helping out at the Inn quite a bit this weekend.  With two major meals tomorrow; I’ll need the exercise! ;^)

That sounded a bit too much like Aunt Grace, and since I don’t actually have to worry about stuff like that with my hyper-active metabolism; I won’t joke about something that really does matter to a lot of people – and be grateful for inheriting some awesome genetics.

Those physical gifts from Mom and our ancestors doesn’t keep me from getting tired out, though, and I really am ready for some quality down time; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!