Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Winter has, for the most part, been mild so far - or awesome for the month that Cassie and Michael spent in summertime-Australia! They are home now and will be working from home for most of the time until Easter. The hometown work will include getting ready for their next trip, but there will be a lot of fun to get in on and share with their favorite people - including their March Break trip to Florida adventure. All of your favorite Magi Masters will continue to work and play while their future plans unfold; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Sunday, November 15, 2015

Cassie's Journal - November 15, 2015



We had an even better start to our day than I’d expected; thanks to Mom and Dad inviting Jacob and Miranda to join us for breakfast – and Jacob’s contribution of one of his breakfast specialties to the light breakfast I’d planned for everyone.  Tai Chi by the river had a bit of bonus entertainment because we had a small audience – including first-time spectator, Peter.  He was especially impressed with the twins and their best friends; but thought that Mom, Dad, Michael, and I were fun to watch too.  Since Jacob whipped up his dish in our kitchen, Mom added pancakes and bacon to the menu too; with the only downside to the expanded breakfast being the extra clean-up after we finished eating.

Getting everyone ready for church and then walking there kept us very busy; and I was a bit amazed that we actually all made it there on time.  Jenny was particularly happy about that because Peter came to church with us; and that earned him bonus points with me – and with Jenny’s parents.  I sat with Michael and his family during the service until we went to Sunday school; and then we enjoyed the comparative quiet in our class – though that started and ended with football talk that was mostly with the guys and girls that hadn’t been at the game on Friday night.  Michael was able to skip most of the post-church chat time with our friends and everyone else because he needed to get to the Inn; and I walked him to the Inn to spend that bit of extra time with him before he went to work and I came home.

We had some drop-ins to pick up overnight bags and one car before lunch; and Mom just went with an easy-meal before I took care of the clean-up and she and Dad went to work in the office.  The temperature wasn’t quite as nice today, and it was cloudy most of the day, but it was still nice-enough out for Ethan, Ehlana, Naomi, and I to decide to go out to play instead of staying cooped up in the house.  We rode bikes; played at the park; and had our snack break at the falls.  Michael joined us for some of the playground action and the snack break; and then we saw him safely back at the Inn before we walked Naomi and Aiden home on our way back to our house.

Other than stopping for another easy-meal dinner; we worked or studied in the office for the rest of our day.  That included all of my work, studying, and Mom’s Magi lesson; and we spent a lot of that office time in a time phase.  My only goal with that was to work faster and get to bed early after a string of very late nights.  That worked; and we were all ready to head for bed by nine o’clock.  I let Mom and Dad take care of the bedtime routine for Ethan and Ehlana – and spend that time with them ahead of Dad’s trip to the city; while I came up to my room for a nice soak in my Jacuzzi.

I’m still doing that as I write this; and it’s time to wrap this up, get out of the tub, and into bed so that I can get started on the bonus sleep I really need right now.  With Dad in the city next week, Mom and I will still be busy around here; but it won’t be as bad now that I’m done with cheerleading for another year.  Now that I’m thinking about Dad’s trip, though, I will lose a bit of sleep tonight with our usual early-morning wake-up call to see him off on his trip.  I don’t want to miss that, and don’t have any other news to report; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!