Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Cassie's Journal - November 9, 2015



Congratulations to the Burroughs’ family; and welcome to the world, David Burroughs!

Stacey and David are both doing well; Pastor John is a very proud Daddy; and Rebekkah is going to be a wonderful big sister for David.  I haven’t been writing much at all about pregnancies other than Aunt Leanne’s in quite a while, and not even much about hers; but I’m including this one because David is likely to be a future friend of Brianna’s – and he’ll definitely be a classmate.  Pastor John and Stacey have become good friends with Uncle Adam, Aunt Leanne, Uncle Mark, and Aunt Grace; so their kids will spend time together as they grow up.  I’ll be on the outside edges for that too because of the age difference, but I’m glad that my brother, sister, and their cousins are all going to enjoy growing up with life-long friendships.

There is a side-issue that comes along with David’s birth, and while it isn’t something that even made the local gossip news; it is something that will affect me more directly than baby David will.  Stacey is obviously going to be too busy with her new baby and toddler daughter to keep up with her work at the church; so we’ll have a temporary teen praise team leader helping us to get ready for Thanksgiving and Christmas.  Knowing Stacey, she’ll likely be right back to helping out again as soon as she can; but our Tuesday evening practices are sure to be different now.

I don’t want to get bogged down on thinking about that because our praise team will be fine even as we’ll miss working with Stacey while she’s busy with her family, and I do have more to cover; so let’s move along.

Happy 14th Birthday, Jillian!

Michael and I sent a gift and card for her, and we exchanged a couple of text messages this morning too; but that was the total extent of my involvement with Jillian’s big day.  Dawn made sure that her best friend had a good day at school, though; and her parents had a party for her after school that included dinner and a movie out.  Dawn’s staying for a sleepover too; but I don’t have many of the details yet – just a short email response with a promise of more to come tomorrow.

By the way, since I indirectly mentioned using my smart phone, I’ll add that I do actually use it once in a while; but Mom and Dad will not have to worry about overcharges on my phone plan anytime soon.  Dawn and Jillian are two of the very few people I even use text messaging to keep in touch with, and while it comes in handy for that; I’d much rather just talk to people in person.  That might sound even stranger to you whenever you’re reading this in my future, but to be honest; I really hope that’s something that will change back to the old ways instead of continuing to advance.  I love technology as much as the next teen; but sometimes the cost of it in terms of personal relationships is too high.  That isn’t a diatribe I want to get into tonight either; so let’s not go there.

Closer to home again, today was the start of basketball tryouts at school; and Rebecca is trying out for the team again this year.  I’m sure she’ll make the team, since she is one of the best returning players from last year, but while that is all but a done deal; they’ll still do the work and training – and Carolyn Landry will definitely want to push her team mates to help make her senior year a best-ever for one of her favorite sports.  I’ll keep you posted on how that’s going for them, and Michael and I are going to do our best to get to more of Rebecca’s games; but we’ll see how that goes too.

Compared to births, birthdays, and basketball tryouts; my day was fairly uneventful – and too busy.  Tai Chi by the river was too chilly again, but we made up for that with a hot breakfast in the sunroom.  We’re really digging into the new study modules in all of our classes; so that work kept us busy all day except for our break at lunchtime.  We were outside for most of that, and while it wasn’t hot out; it was nice-enough to have our lunch out there and enjoy some play time with our friends.  Cheerleading practice went well; and we’ll have our two half-time routine options ready to go by Wednesday – mostly because we’re just adapting a couple of the routines from earlier in the season for this game.

We are going to be up against Hillcrest this Friday; and we’ll be on the road for the game.  I can also report that Tim is not a happy camper tonight after their first practice to get ready for that game.  Since I’ve written about it here and there all season, I won’t drag out the issues Tim has with his team captain and most of the senior players; and I’ll instead simply mention that the egos are even more inflated now after the win this past Friday; and too many of the guys are not taking this next match seriously-enough.  Rowen and I caught the end of that practice while doing a bit of homework after our practice and while we waited for Michael and Tim; and I can confirm that Tim is right about that.  Coach Robinson is doing his best to deal with it; but he’s up against a group of guys that just don’t have much experience at all with losing many games – and some of them are undefeated in the playoffs during their High School careers – so far.  As Tim’s mentioned to us fairly regularly all season, they’d better get over their unbeatable complex before it’s too late – especially now that they’re in the playoffs; and the season is over for them if they lose.

They still have three more days to get ready for hillcrest.  Let’s hope for the best!

Michael came home with me after our practices; we had dinner in the sunroom right away; and then we were on the clean-up crew of two – with supervisory and entertainment help from Ethan and Ehlana.  We did our homework after that; had a music practice; and followed that up with a Magi lesson with Mom.  Some play time with Ethan and Ehlana kept all of us busy until we took care of getting them tucked in for the night, and then Michael and I had a minor make-out session in the lounge before having a short chat with Mom and Dad in the office when it was nearly time for Michael to get home again.

I’ve pretty much been working on my computer since seeing Michael out; getting ready for bed; and snuggling in for the night with Mandy.  The archive assignment was actually fairly interesting tonight; my language studies are blasting along ahead of schedule; and the family business work continues to be fairly heavy right now thanks to seemingly unending new business opportunities.  I won’t bore you with the financial details, but since your perspective on that statement might be through the lens of a history that will record our current economy as quite a mess; I will add that there are quite easily as many business opportunities in bad times as there are in good.  The only difference between most companies and our family business is that everything we do is meant to help others.  We’re always looking for new ways to do that – and I’ll modestly admit that we’re pretty good at it too.

Some of us are also working a bit too hard at that – and everything else we have on the go; which is why I’m still awake and writing this update when I should have been sleeping hours ago.  That’s all of the news I have for tonight, though, and getting started on my nap is an option and priority; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!