Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Sunday, November 15, 2015

Cassie's Journal - November 14, 2015



Our chat last night about having a teen night and possible sleepover turned into solid plans this morning; and Mom and Dad were happy to let me use our house for the event with just a few conditions.

The first was that Ethan and Ehlana got to invite Naomi and Aiden; I was in charge of food and snacks – including for dinner and breakfast; and I also had to babysit the four younger kids so that our parents could escape the teen invasion for the evening.  I was good with all of that; and Rowen and I soon had Michael, Tim, Rebecca, Lucas, Jenny, and Peter signed up for both a teen night and sleepover.  Before I get to that part of my update, though; let’s cover the rest of the action from earlier today.

Tai Chi by the river was nice; and we’ve had another warmer-than-normal day with the temperature climbing into the low-seventies.  That worked out great for the outdoor chores this morning, and we’re getting to the end of the fall clean-up work now – and I’m glad that we don’t need to work in the yard all day every Saturday anymore.  That worked out even better for me today because it allowed me to take care of some afternoon shopping for our teen night after having lunch with Mom, Dad, and the twins.  Rowen helped me out with the shopping; we picked up frozen pizzas, chicken, and appetizers for dinner; lots of snacks and drinks for a movie night in the lounge; and Olde Bakery treats for breakfast to go along with fruit and other treats for breakfast that will keep the work in the morning to a minimum.  Michael caught the tail-end of that trip for the start of his afternoon break; he helped with getting everything home; and then Michael and I spent the rest of his break with Ethan and Ehlana at the park before we needed to split up again while he worked the dinner rush at the Inn.

Rowen hadn’t stayed for the park play time, but she came over in time to help me with getting the lounge set up for our evening of fun; and then we started working on making dinner with supervisory help from Ethan, Ehlana, Naomi, and Aiden.  Michael and Rebecca couldn’t come over for the meal, but Lucas, Tim, Jenny, and Peter were able to join us; and they began arriving by a bit after five o’clock.  Mom and Dad had decided to go out to the Inn for dinner and then go out to the pub for at least a few hours; and they headed out at five-thirty while we – the kids and teens – sat down to have our finger foods meal in the sunroom.

That was fun, and so was the early-evening play time with my brother, sister, and their friends while we waited for Michael and Rebecca to be set free from the Inn.  The boys played some video games; kept up with the college football games; and managed to munch on more snacks despite the fact that they’d recently demolished a lot of food during dinner.  Yes, I knew that we were going to have three football players to feed, and didn’t run out; but it’s still impressive to see just how much a group of guys can eat in just one night.

Maybe that’s the origin of the family farm – some husband and wife in the distant past had to figure out a way to feed their teenage boys; and decided to try growing and raising their own food. ;^)

While the guys are still into football despite the end of their high school season; they didn’t try to get us to watch football all evening.  Once Michael and Rebecca joined us, we had a bit more video gaming in the lounge while the guys continued to play and Rebecca joined the girl chat in progress while we waited for the start of our mini movie marathon.  Ethan, Ehlana, Naomi, and Aiden got to pick out the first movie when we were ready to settle down for some quieter entertainment and cuddle time with our respective boyfriend or girlfriend.  That didn’t technically apply to the four younger kids, but they were paired up too; and as adorable as always when cuddling together.  That’s true cuddling for Naomi and Ethan; and sitting close together and holding hands for Ehlana and Aiden.

We didn’t have enough room on the sectional sofa for all of the teen couples, so Michael and I were on the floor with the four kids while the other three couples sat on the sofa.  That isn’t really as crowded as it might sound; since it is a very large sectional sofa; but it also wasn’t as comfortable for them as it normally is for Tim, Rowen, Michael, and me when we’re here and able to stretch out at opposite ends while hanging out together.  None of the kids fell asleep before the end of their movie, so we didn’t have to carry any kids to bed while taking an intermission between shows.  Michael and I took care of getting them tucked in for the night; though I know that the girls went into Ethan’s room to hang out with the boys about two minutes after we started our first teen movie of the night.  I’ll guess that they were also doing some boy-girl cuddling in the two beds too; but I didn’t check in on them.  Ehlana and Naomi were still with the boys when Mom and Dad got home; pictures were taken; and then the girls were moved back to Ehlana’s room for the rest of the night.

Yes, I could have dealt with that sooner; but why mess up a perfectly wonderful parental moment for Mom and Dad – and one that Naomi and Ehlana will love too even if the boys might be slightly embarrassed over the teasing they’re sure to get from another junior cuddle incident?

We were just beginning teen movie number three when Mom and Dad stopped in to say goodnight to us and have a quick chat before heading to bed; and then we went back to our movie while they didn’t go straight off to sleep too.  That ended up being our last movie because the intermission ended up being a wind down chat and play time that included a bit more video gaming for the guys and catching up on the rest of the college football scores.  It was a bit after two o’clock when we collectively decided to call it a night; and then we split up into couples for the goodnight hugs and kisses.

For Michael and I; that meant hauling glasses and dishes down to the kitchen and cleaning up before saying our goodnights on the sofa in the living room.  That was fun, but I still managed to make it back to my room before Rowen did – and before Rebecca and Jenny joined us there for one last quick girl chat before we all finished getting ready for bed and they camped out on the sectional sofa in the lounge while Rowen camped with me.

That decision was mostly so that nearly all of us could be on the third floor; and Michael was the only teen on the second floor.  He’s in the room beneath the lounge; and I half-wish that I was there with him.  Rowen, Mandy, and I are having fun with our sleepover; but being with Michael would be quite a bit hotter.  I’d better not take that thought any further; or I’ll change my mind about being good tonight.

I wouldn’t be the only girl thinking about some bonus boyfriend cuddle time; but really don’t plan on being the second to act on those thoughts! ;^)

Adding the name of that girl isn’t something that I’m skipping for some state secret – but it will be more fun not to name names so that anyone reading this in the not-too-distant future can have fun speculating about it; so have fun with that!

There isn’t much else to write about.  Our girl chat wound down as we relaxed and I played some soft music on my computer while doing my nightly computing.  Two of my best friends are sleeping now; the third is cuddling with her boyfriend in his room; and I’m only still awake now because I had a bit of family business work come in via email that I decided to take care of tonight instead of leaving until Sunday night or Monday.  We’re sure to have a crazy morning around here with eight teens and four kids to get ready for church, and while I’m not going to work at the Inn tomorrow; Dad will be getting ready for his week in the city and I’ll help out with Ethan and Ehlana while he’s busy.

Before I wrap this up, I’ll add a few comments about tonight that were particularly important to me.  First up, but not in order of importance; I’d like to mention that I really like Jenny’s new boyfriend, Peter.  This was the first time that we got to spend some quality time getting to know him; and I’m ready to award him the title of Jenny’s best boyfriend so far.  That’s at least partly because he’s a lot like Lucas, Michael, and Tim; with a personality that’s probably closer to Tim than Michael or Lucas.  He gets bonus points for both being interested in getting to know Jenny’s best friends and for wanting her to get to know his friends too – something that they’ll be doing more of now that Jenny’s finished with cheerleading for the season.  He’s also smart, funny, and easy on the eyes; but I’m only adding that because Jenny appreciates those qualities a bit more than some of the more subtle things that I notice about Peter that really do make him the kind of guy that fits right in with our little group of friends.

Peter is also really good with kids; and enjoyed playing with Ethan, Ehlana, Naomi, and Aiden.  That’s something else I want to mention – the inter-action between my brother, sister, and their friends is changing a bit; and I think that’s at least partly because Naomi’s in school now.  Sure, they’re all getting older and can do more with us; I’m also sure that the teen-kid dynamic is different for us than it is for most of our friends with similar sibling issues.  It’s not even the same when we’re babysitting, and while we still have fun with that; it isn’t the same as it is with just the four kids.  Ethan and Ehlana still play the ‘normal’ kid for their age; I also feel as though they’re junior teen couples when hanging out with us tonight.  I’m not making any conclusions about that in any direction; but we might need to pay attention in case we need to make a few changes if it seems as though they’re standing out for acting too grown-up.

Fortunately, I’m pretty sure that they’re just getting away with looking adorable when they cuddle as couples and they have everyone so charmed that nothing else gets noticed.

Finally, though the guys are still disappointed that the season is over; I have to admit that I’m glad that we’re going to have more time for doing other things – like this teen night and sleepover.  It’s tough to do that when so much of our ‘free’ time is taken up with sports and cheerleading.  Sure, we have more getting added to our plate for the holidays; but at least Michael and I will get to do a lot of that together.  We don’t really get to do that during the football games and practices; and being in the same place doesn’t always count as being together.

I’d better not go down that trail of thought, and Michael’s likely asleep by now anyway; which is what I should be doing now too.  It has been one of those really great days, and I’m so blessed to be able to share these moments with the people I love the most.  While I won’t be sharing the rest of the night with Michael; I can bring him along into my dreams.  That sounds much more interesting than typing on my computer anymore tonight; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!