Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Monday, November 9, 2015

Cassie's Journal - November 8, 2015



Our day began with a very chilly Tai Chi workout by the river that was still nice; but reminded us that we won’t get to exercise outdoors for much longer this year.  Breakfast at Michael’s house for me was really special; and let’s give half of the credit for that to Jacob and his gourmet menu; and the other half to Jake and Stephanie for our breakfast video chat with them from Europe.  They’re doing great; look amazing; and it sounds as though they’re continuing to do really well with their studies while also having fun with all of the new friends they’re making over there.  They’re also starting to make plans for their holidays, and while I wish they could be home for Christmas; they are going to love their holiday adventures.

Compared to that, our day here wasn’t very exciting; but I’ve still had a good day – even with a fair bit of work that has included the buffet shift at the Inn and a lot of bedtime studying and family business work.  I didn’t get around to any of that before spending a couple of hours at church and the afternoon playing with Ethan, Ehlana, Naomi, and Aiden; and that’s when I had most of my fun today.  The church part of that reminds me that I missed reporting a classmate birthday yesterday; so let’s take care of that.

Happy Belated 15th Birthday, Marcie!

I might have skipped mentioning Marcie’s birthday completely, except her birthday trip to Crystal Springs yesterday was a top teen chat topic during Sunday school.  She went there with her boyfriend, Allen, their best friends, and her family; and they apparently had a really good day filled with shopping, a visit to SportsFusion, dinner, and a movie.  Michael, Tim, Rowen, and I did have a gift for her that we gave her on Friday because we hadn’t expected to see her on Saturday anyway; but that was the total extent of our involvement with her big day this year.

After church, I walked Michael to the Inn on my way home; helped Mom with making lunch for five after that; and after eating and cleaning up, I took Ethan and Ehlana with me so that we could go out and play while Mom and Dad needed to get to work in the office for the afternoon.  We grabbed our bikes; collected Naomi and Aiden; and then went for a ride and some play time at the park.  Michael met up with us there during his afternoon break; and he was able to play with us for nearly two hours before we dropped all four kids off with Mom and Dad when it was nearly time to get back to the Inn.  I took a few minutes to change and freshen up first; and then we were soon immersed – literally – in the dinner preparations for four or five hundred.

Working in the kitchen meant missing out on a family and friends dinner – even though that was happening in the dining room at the Inn when Mom, my aunts, and a few friends collectively decided not to cook dinner tonight and let Miranda and Jacob feed their collective gang instead.  I’m sure they had fun, since Miranda and Jenny passed on some stories from the dining room to Michael, Rebecca, and me; but we were too busy tonight for me to take the time off to join them without making the work harder for everyone else in the kitchen.

I worked until close tonight; walked home with Michael and his family; and stopped in at his house for a short bedtime visit and chat before moving on and getting to the work and studying waiting for me there.  Mom did a bedtime Magi lesson with me; I stopped in to say goodnight to Ethan and Ehlana when Mom, Dad, and I all came up to bed; and then I started my work and studying with some Jacuzzi multi-tasking because I really needed the tub time after a play and work afternoon and evening.

The language studying is going really well; the family business work is challenging and getting busier right now; and my archive assignment tonight was so dull that it took a lot just to stay awake through the thousand pages or so of extreme tedium.  Let’s not spend any time going off on a side-trip about some of the ancient Magi studies and research into our abilities again; since I could better-use that time on my nap – which is all I’m going to have time for tonight after spending more than four hours on my computer tonight.  For all I know, Magi will be thinking or saying the same thing about my journals and research some day in the future.

I guess the last thing I have for this update is a look at the week ahead.  Other than the football game on Friday and all of the usual school, practices, studying, and work on my normal schedule, there isn't anything extra in the plans right now.  Dad will be getting ready for his week in the city next week too, so other than helping him with another yard work day on Saturday; I don’t expect to have much time to spend with him over the next two weeks.  No parties or special events to look forward to might sound really boring; but a comparatively quiet week would be a good thing right now – especially when we are just a couple of weeks away from the start of the Thanksgiving-Christmas holiday blitz that will keep us busy until the New Year.

That’s thinking too far ahead when I’m this tired; so let’s not go there and just wrap this up without a pretty little bow and ribbons.

Until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!