Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Sunday, November 1, 2015

Cassie's Journal - November 1, 2015



Happy 16th Birthday, Paul!

While Paul is one of Michael’s football team mates, and we had a gift for him that Rowen and Tim were in on; that was pretty much the extent of our involvement in his birthday fun today – unless you include our contributions in the kitchen at the Inn for his birthday buffet dinner with family and friends.  Vanessa is a happy camper today too because he’ll be getting his driver’s license tomorrow and then they’ll join the ranks of the couples that have expanded travel options beyond our little home town.  I’ll predict that they’ll be going to Crystal Springs for a date night in the very near future.

Speaking of dates, teen news at church this morning included a report that Karla and Brock spent Halloween evening together, and while they aren’t confirming or denying that they’re an item yet; it appears that they soon will be joining the couples’ club.

Starting from the end of my last journal update, my Halloween night ended with a sofa sleepover that Brianna began with Michael and me, but I put her back to bed after she fell asleep again; and then Michael and I fell asleep a while after Mom and Dad got home.  They checked in with us, but then went straight to bed; leaving Rowen, Tim, Michael, and me to stay up as long as we wanted.  That wasn’t long for me; Michael apparently fell asleep not long after I did; and if Rowen and Tim tried a sleepover in his room; she was back in mine by the time I woke up this morning.

Tai Chi by the river was great, and we’ve ended up with a really nice weather day here too; with the temperature just touching into the seventies by the time we were set free from church for the day.  Breakfast was a bit crazy with eleven kids to feed; and getting everyone ready for church was an adventure too.  We did manage to get everything done and made it to church in time to return most of the kids to their parents; but I was pretty much ready for a nap by then.

Ditto that for pretty much the rest of the day, since I also worked the lunch and dinner rushes at the Inn; Michael and I spent our afternoon break playing and biking at the park with Ethan and Ehlana; and I put in the equivalent of three hours of work and studying after I eventually got into bed for the night with Mandy and my computer.  The work at the Inn was tough, though we had fun with Halloween story exchanges that included Jenny’s recap of her night with Peter; and the dinner buffets were both packed to the point where we turned over the dining room about two and a half times tonight over the course of the two sittings.

We didn’t have homework this weekend because of the Halloween parties at school on Friday, so Michael and I were glad to have our afternoon break free to spend with Ethan and Ehlana again today.  We probably won’t get many more chances for biking this fall, so the four of us biked the trails; we played at the playground; and then we wrapped up our break with snacks and drinks in the sunroom before Michael and I headed back to the Inn and the buffet dinner rush.  I stayed there until close; walked home with Michael, Rebecca, and their parents; and then I did the round of goodnight hugs and kisses in their front yard before heading home to get started on the rest of my work and study night.

Mom and Dad were still working in the office, but Ethan and Ehlana had gone to bed already; so Mom did my Magi lesson with me before the three of us headed up to our rooms for the night.  I stopped in for bedtime kisses with Ethan and Ehlana too, but they were worn out; and didn’t wake up at all.  My computing in bed has been while in a time phase; and that’s how I’ve gotten those hours of work done without being awake until two or three o’clock.

I’d like to say that things around here will slow down now that Halloween’s out of the way, but that isn’t going to happen.  We have a playoff football game on Friday; Dad’s birthday is on Wednesday; and we’ll have a make-up yard work day on Saturday.  That football game is going to be here, and while our seven-and-three record for the regular season was decent; the home field advantage over Winfield Farms only happened because of a tie-breaker that went our way.  Tim’s happy with our first-round draw, but he’s also still worried; and hopes that our loss against Pinehurst will motivate the senior players to work harder this week to get ready for their first playoff match.

I’ll let our football players worry about that – and the game.  I’ve got enough of the go with cheerleading, band, teen praise team, and everything else I have on the go.  It’s time to start my next language too; but I decided to do that tomorrow instead of putting in even more work time tonight.  I need the sleep more, and I don’t really have anything else to add to this report; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!