Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Saturday, November 21, 2015

Cassie's Journal - November 20, 2015



It’s Friday night – and I have no football report! ;^)

I’m especially happy about that because I was able to be here for our family and friends dinner and a movie night; to welcome Dad home; and then to welcome Violet and Dillon when they got back here from school.

Before I get to that part of the report, our day started out with Naomi and Aiden adding bonus fun for us during Tai Chi and breakfast.  Ehlana, Naomi, and I had some dress-up and hair fun before Rowen, Michael, Rebecca, and I walked to school with Naomi while Mom was left with the twins and Aiden until she was ready to take them to KidZone so that she could spend the morning running errands.

Our school day was busy-enough; and we had a couple of tests that our teachers wanted to get out of the way ahead of the Thanksgiving action that will take up most of next week – or the three days of classes we have before the long weekend.  Michael and I stopped in at the Inn for a visit with his parents, but we didn’t stay long; and then he came home with me so that we could help Mom with getting our contributions for the family dinner together.  We had time for a snack and chat too; but then we headed over to Uncle Mark and Aunt Grace’s house with time to spare so that we could help out with the rest of the dinner and movie set-up.  We had quite a gang together for the evening, so we needed to use the dining room for the adults and kitchen table for most of the kids – with Michael and me on kid control during the meal.  That was fun, but Michael also joked that the Friday night football games were easier – a line that my aunts were happy to run with and have fun teasing him over.

The dinner and play time with Ethan, Ehlana, Naomi, Aiden, and our cousins was great; and so was getting to spend time with my aunts and uncles.  I have not been able to do that enough lately; and I’m so glad that we could be here tonight.  We had a long break between the meal and movie, but Michael and I didn’t get put on the clean-up crew because we were kept on kid control instead.  I got to spend some extra time with Brianna while we were doing that, and one of the really great things about being Magi is that I never have to worry about babies forgetting me when I don’t see them much while I’m busy with other things.  Brianna and I have a really special bond, and while it’s different than what I have with Ethan and Ehlana; it’s more than I have with the rest of my cousins so far.  I haven’t spent any time analyzing that, but I do have a special relationship with her mother too, and she is definitely her mother’s daughter; so it could be as simple as that.

Then again, it could be much more; but I can’t go there right now – and won’t anytime soon.

Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne have Christina staying with them while she’s here, and we had Violet and Dillon coming home too; so we went with just one movie tonight – and it was a kid-friendly flick.  I had to share Brianna during the movie, but Michael and I always had at least one junior cuddle buddy with us.  The movie was cute, if not a future animated classic; and all of the action and family time had the youngest kids tired out by the time we began splitting up to head home.  I went with the twins to walked Aiden and Naomi home; had a bit of extra fun when Naomi needed to give Ethan a goodnight hug on her front porch – and then got caught in the act as her father opened the door to welcome her home.

Once we were home, we still had a bit of a wait until Violet and Dillon got home, and they only stopped in at first for a quick visit and to drop off their luggage before heading over to Dillon’s house for a visit with his family.  They’re spending the night with us.  They will likely have some late night out; but I expect that Dillon will be staying with us every night while they’re here – unless they spend a night at his house instead.  After our visit with them, Ehlana and I decided to have a sisters’ sleepover in my room; we cam e up to the lounge; and watched another movie in there once we’d gotten ready for bed.  Michael and Ethan watched that movie with us, and Michael and I got to have the bonus cuddle time together; but they did their own thing while Ehlana and I were getting changed.

For a change, Michael and I didn’t end our evening together.  After our movie, he went downstairs to take care of tucking Ethan in for the night; and they played video games and talked for a while until Ethan was ready to get some sleep.  Michael did stop in again for a goodnight hug and kiss before he went home; and then Ehlana and I sat up in my bed and talked while I did some work on my computer and we both waited to have a bedtime chat with Violet once she and Dillon got home again.  It was after midnight by then, so that chat didn’t last very long – and that was because Violet was worn out from a busy school day and trip home.  I hope we’ll get to spend time with her while she’s here; but it won’t be easy for her to add us to her busy schedule – especially when I’ll be at school for two of the four full days they’ll be here.

I’d suggest that I’ll get used to that eventually; but doubt that I ever will.  These cameo moments won’t change much for quite a while either, since Michael and I will head off to college the summer after Violet and Dillon graduate; so holiday visits like this one will be part of our lives for quite some time.

That wasn’t something I wanted to get into tonight, or really even think about anytime soon.  I’d rather just be glad to have Violet and Dillon home; and we’ll enjoy the moments we do get to spend with them.  Breakfast with them in the sunroom will be up next – and a first; so I should wrap this up and get started on my nap time to be ready for another early start for a busy holiday weekend prep day.  That might not sound very exciting, but the holiday weekend fun is always worth the extra work that goes into making it happen.

I really don’t have anything else for today, and Mandy and I have a nice, warm cuddle buddy to sleep with; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!