Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Cassie's Journal - November 2, 2015



It’s been another wonderful-weather day here that hasn’t made it feel at all as though we’re at the start of November.  I’m okay with that; and Mother Nature can keep the warm coming straight through until spring if she wants to do that for us! ;^)

Tai Chi by the river anytime in November is nice too, and though it’s probably getting tedious for anyone reading this in the future; I still really love having breakfast in the sunroom with Mom, Dad, and the twins.  It’s really such a simple change, but the open view of the back yard and river really is wonderful – and helps to make for a great start to every day when we get to enjoy it while having our morning meal.

Moving along, I’m sure that you can guess that the Halloween weekend recap and our upcoming football playoff game were the top two chat topics at school.  Sure, there were lots of side-stories too – like Paul getting his driver’s license today and Karla and Brock’s budding new romance, but Halloween got to have one last day in the spotlight; and football will be big news every day until our post-season run in the playoffs comes to an end.

For me, after two school days of busy that didn’t include much actual classroom time; it was back to the normal routine.  We started new modules in most classes that’ll take us through to Thanksgiving; and that helped to make the day a bit more interesting – though it also meant new assignments and projects too.  Our lunch break outdoors was a highlight of the day; and we even managed to do that without any major football scrimmages breaking out.  Tim did have a football with him that a few of the guys tossed around for a while; but the football players are under strict orders from Coach Robinson on how to get ready for their first-round playoff game – and that doesn’t include anything that could mess up their practices; or accidentally get them injured.

My after-school cheerleading practice was fun, and Anna-Marie is looking to end her high school cheerleading career with the best half-time routines we can come up with for the playoffs.  Rowen and I are very involved with that; and she’s letting us loose to try adding a few new tricks to our routines that are a bit risky; but will look awesome if we can pull them off.  We can all do the basic gymnastics that are trademarks for cheerleading squads; but Rowen and I are the only girls on the squad crazy-enough to attempt the more advanced aerials.  I’ll add that our plans for that will depend on the weather; since major tricks aren’t safe to do in the rain.  Let’s hope that the weather will cooperate – and not just because the rain last Friday night didn’t work out very well for our team.

The guys had a long football practice, so Rowen and I watched the end of it while doing some homework; we waited for Michael and Tim while they hit the showers; and then Rowen went home with Tim while I went home with Michael.  Dinner was ready by the time we got there; so we sat down to eat; enjoyed the gourmet meal that Jacob cooked up for us; and then Michael, Rebecca, and I took care of the clean-up before getting started on our homework.

Speaking of Rebecca, our studying conversation included talking about the start of basketball season with ‘training camp and tryouts’ coming up next week; and I realized that I haven’t mentioned Rebecca’s sports career for this school year at all – mostly because Michael and I have been too busy to get involved at all.  This year, she added Volleyball to her high school sports credits; thanks entirely to Carolyn Landry talking her into playing on that team too.  While I’m sure that Carolyn would have loved to win a championship in her senior year, and Rebecca did help their team; they did not make it to the volleyball championship tournaments.  They’re hoping for better with basketball, and while she will have the formality of the tryouts; I don’t have any doubt that Rebecca will make that team.  Michael and I will need to be more supportive too; and try to attend more of her games than we did last season.

Yes, I know; and have no idea how that’ll fit into my schedule – especially when I have such a long list of equally-important things on that not-enough-time-for to-do list.

Moving along again, our study time was followed by a music practice for Michael and me; a very minor make-out session; and an evening wrap-up chat with Jacob and Miranda in the living room before I headed home for the night at ten o’clock.  It’s been all work and studying since then; starting with my Magi lesson with Mom and ending with an hour and a half of family business work.  I began my study of the Turkish language tonight too; and I’m going to learn it over the next two months – and hopefully have it mastered by Christmas so that I can take the holidays off from that part of my never-ending studies.

Since I had a lot to do tonight, and didn’t want to use another time phase; it’s heading toward three o’clock and time for me to wrap this up and get some rest.  Tomorrow will be an even longer day with the usual three practices, and I want to be ready to keep up with everything; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!