Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Cassie's Journal - November 23, 2015



Warm weather returned to town, and while it isn’t going to last for long; we’ll try to enjoy it while we can.

The highlight of my day was spending the afternoon and evening with Violet and Dillon – something else that Mom, Dad, Ethan, Ehlana, Michael, and I were also glad to enjoy while we can.  Tonight was ‘our’ time with Violet and Dillon.  Michael and I came home after school, and other doing our homework; we spent all of our late afternoon and early evening with them, my parents, and the twins.  The highlights included some play time at the park before dinner; the meal out in the sunroom; and an evening indoors that included watching a movie and playing some video games in the living room.

Dad took that time off from his work despite being busy; which is why I wasn’t the only person in the house starting my work and studying even later than usual – after Michael headed home at eleven o’clock.  Mom skipped my Magi lesson so that she could spend that time working with Violet and Dillon instead, so I opted to work in the office with Dad; and Ethan and Ehlana decided to stay up late and work on their college courses.  The twins were allowed to do that because I decided to use a time phase so that Dad and I could both catch up on the lost work time; and it gave my brother and sister the chance to get a lot of their studying done in a short amount of ‘real’ time.

I won’t make this tedious by writing all about any of the work and studying details, but it was productive; and we wrapped up our time phase by a bit after midnight.  It was time for all of us to head for bed after that, and while it isn’t three or four in the morning; the time phase effort took just as much out of me as staying up that late would have done.  Violet and I had our bedtime chat with Ehlana and Mom in Ehlana’s room while we tucked her in for the night, and while we stopped in to say goodnight to Ethan too; he’d spent most of that time with Dad and Dillon.

Once I was in my room, I was tempted to hop in my Jacuzzi for a soak, but decided to just get changed and into bed instead.  Other than one last email check and a bit of casual surfing on the web; this update is the only job I had left to do on my computer for the night.  That’s a good thing, because I’m seriously ready for the down time.

Before I go there, I’ll note that my school day was fairly quiet.  There was a lot of Thanksgiving-related action going on there; but most of that was with the primary grades.  Michael and I didn’t get around to any music time tonight, and we should have done that to get ready for our band and praise team practices tomorrow; but photographic memories do come in handy now and then and we’ll be ready anyway.  While I wasn’t involved in the action for everyone else in my family today, Dillon did spend some time at the lab with Ehlana and Uncle Adam while Ethan opted to play in the archives with some new books that had recently been delivered and were still being catalogued and put away.  Mom and Violet did some family business work at home then; and Mom continued to work on her holiday weekend pre-cooking and baking.  This year, without the entire gang home for the holiday weekend, it’s going to be a home baking event, and while I love Olde Bakery treats; it’s going to be great to enjoy some of the old recipes that Mom likes to dust off for special events.  She isn’t likely going to do that very often for the big family holidays, since that’s so much work when she’s already so busy; but then Hannah’s very happy to help us out with those big orders whenever we need them!  The great news for our home town family is that we win on the dessert front either way! ;^)

We’re down to two school days to the holiday weekend, and Wednesday will pretty much just be a play day; so tomorrow will be our last day of ‘real’ classes this week.  I’m good with that, and if I get enough work done tomorrow night; I’ll start my long weekend off from family business work and studying early.  Sure, I’ll still have work at the Inn, and I’ll help Mom out as much as needed this weekend too; but all late nights should mostly be of the fun variety – even if that won’t include a championship football game for our team.

That, but the way was news at school, and while our team won’t be playing in that game; there was a fair bit of interest over finding out that Hillcrest will be up against Clairmont – the perennial champions that won so often before we interrupted their dominance over the past two seasons.  While our football players have motivation to cheer for Hillcrest; I think that I’ll quietly root for Clairmont – and then hope for another rematch against them for our Raiders next season.  That kind of a rivalry could be a lot of fun – or at least it would be in the years that we win those matches!

I hadn’t planned on going off on a football side-trip, and I really am ready to crash now; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!