Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Monday, November 30, 2015

Cassie's Journal - November 29, 2015



Happy 15th Birthday, Rowen!

Compared to getting a boyfriend for her birthday two years ago and our football game trips the past two years; this was a fairly uneventful birthday.  She will get her driver’s license tomorrow, though; so that’ll make up for this being her least-exciting special day in a while.

We did put on a birthday breakfast for her, and then we followed that up with a holiday weekend church service that was particularly special because we celebrated the start of Advent as well as Thanksgiving; and the teens and kids led a lot of the service music and bible readings along with a few skits.  All of that was amazing, and I loved every minute of it, but we were late getting out of church; and Michael and I had to run over to the Inn with his parents, Rebecca, Jenny, and the rest of their staff to get ready for the first of the four buffets we put on today – all of them sold out.

To be honest, most of my afternoon was a blur of work on the prep line and dishwashing as needed.  Michael and I did take a couple of short breaks when we could, but we also wanted to take the time off to have dinner with Rowen, Tim, and the rest of their birthday dinner group; so we worked more during the afternoon to be able to do that.  By the time we sat down with Rowen, Tim, and everyone else at their table; I was already getting tired; and it was just nice to get off of my feet for a while.  We roasted Rowen for a while as we ate; she opened gifts between having dinner and dessert; and then we did the birthday cake and ice cream thing before Michael and I needed to get back into the kitchen to help out with the clean-up and Inn closing.

That took a while, since it took extra time to get the dining room cleaned up and ready for the breakfast shift in the morning; so it was around ten o’clock by the time I was dropped off at home so that I didn’t have to walk from Michael’s house in the rain.  With the holiday weekend just about over by then, it was time for me to get back to my usual work and studies too.  Mom, Dad, Ethan, and Ehlana were working in the office when I got back, so Mom did my Magi lesson with me; and then I took care of getting the twins into bed for the night on my way up to my room.

While I needed to do a lot of work too; some multi-tasking was needed because I seriously needed some Jacuzzi time too – for more than one reason.  Self-healing is nice; but soaking in a tub is more fun! ;^)

I did my archive assignment while in the tub; kept my bath time short so that I could get into bed before doing starting in on my family business work and language studying, and once I was snuggled in bed with Mandy; I spent another two and a half hours on that work and studying – along with the rest of my usual bedtime computer and email checks.  The work side of that wasn’t particularly exciting, but I did enjoy catching up on email from my cousins and favorite collegians.  Violet, Dillon, and the other students that had been off school for the week were back again; and everyone arrived without any major travel issues despite the rainy weather – and snow for some of them.  I also had email from Dawn, Jillian, Jaimie, and Kaitlyn with holiday weekend reports; and I’m glad that our extended family had fun with the other sides of their families.

Since this is my best friend’s big day, there ought to be more to my report today than what I’ve covered so far, but while I didn’t cover every little detail; there really isn’t anything newsworthy to add – even with those birthday celebration parts of my day were really great.  While the holiday weekend is over, what’s really exciting is that we’re just getting the Christmas holidays started.

That’s going to be a big part of my coming week, and in addition to all of the regular action on my schedule; I’ll have quite a few additions.  The Christmas fun is going to include our first Christmas parade on Friday evening and the kids’ and teens’ shopping trip to Crystal Springs on Saturday.  In addition to that, Michael and I will start working with some of the primary classes to get ready for the Christmas concert.  Rebecca’s sixteenth birthday is on Wednesday, and somewhere, around all of that; I’ll need to keep up with my work, studies, and everything else I have on the go.

I’ll guess that there will be a lot of late nights in my near future to keep up with all of that – or I’ll need to use a lot of time phases to keep up and still get extra sleep too.  There won’t be much sleep for me tonight, though, and I want to get all of the nap time that I can right now, so that’s all for now; and, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!