Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Monday, November 23, 2015

Cassie's Journal - November 22, 2015



Another frosty morning gave way to an only slightly warmer day, but since I spent most of my day indoors; it wasn’t an issue.

Tai Chi by the river was too chilly for comfort, but breakfast in the sunroom was again a lot of fun and much warmer.  Our time at church was highlighted by the work we did during Sunday school to get ready for the holiday weekend service; and we are ready for that with everything except the final set-up.  The service was a bit long, so Michael, Rebecca, and I headed straight over to the Inn once we were set free; and then we kept busy all day – including during our afternoon and dinner breaks.  I’m not going to bore you with the work details, but we were surprisingly busy for the Sunday ahead of a holiday weekend – and that was partly because of my family.

More specifically, that was to collective family and some friends of Violet’s, Dillon’s, Josiah’s, and Christina’s; since they were the guests of honor at the late buffet sitting for ‘our’ family group.  The parents or cousins of the four collegians hosted the dinner; and they booked tables for the late buffet so that all of the store owner members of the family could attend.  I couldn’t join them for that because we really were too busy in the kitchen for anyone to take the extra break time; but I did stop by for a quick visit that didn’t allow me enough time to talk much with anyone.

I skipped over our afternoon break, but then Michael and I just did our homework and had some down time at my house before heading back to the Inn; so there isn’t anything newsworthy to report there.  While I was busy at the Inn and doing homework, Mom and Dad needed to work in the office; Ethan and Ehlana spent the afternoon with Violet and Dillon – and part of their afternoon was spent playing in the lab with Uncle Adam.  There’s a very good chance that Dillon and Ehlana will spend some extra time in the lab while he and violet are here; though that might depend on how much work Dillon needs to get done for his college classes – including getting ready for his final exams.  Ehlana will be happy with any time he can spend with her at the lab; and Violet can always hang out with Mom or Aunt Grace while they’re busy.

Moving along, while I missed out on spending time with my family; I was happy to spend the day with Michael.  The work was tough because we were also a bit short-handed today; and that was mostly because of people wanting time off this weekend knowing that next weekend will be an all-hands-on-deck weekend.  Sure, we’ll all get Thursday off, but Black Friday will be crazy; and so will the four-buffet shift on Sunday.  I’m not going to think about that too much – especially when Michael won’t get to miss two of those work days while playing football instead.  I still need to decide how much time I’ll spend at the Inn, but since this is an ‘away’ holiday for our family; I might put in more time there this time; and maybe a bit less over Christmas.

Michael, Rebecca, and I put a lot of hours in at the Inn today, and we were late getting out of the place once we finally had all of the work finished.  That’s why I was late getting home – and why everything else on my schedule has been behind since then.  Mom still did a Magi lesson with me; I spent some time with Ethan and Ehlana when they were sent up to bed; and then I had a short girl chat with Violet while Dillon took his turn grabbing a shower – and after she’d finished using my Jacuzzi.  It was past-midnight by the time Violet went to her room, and though everyone else was in bed by then, nobody was sleeping; so I decided to have a soak in my Jacuzzi too instead of just getting changed and into bed with Mandy.

My multi-tasking while in the tub wasn’t very effective because I needed some down time to just relax before getting serious about my studies and family business work; and that delay pushed my schedule back even further.  Once I was finally in bed, I kicked up the work speed quite a bit, but didn’t use a time phase – mostly because you shouldn’t do that when you’re tired.  The results can be a bit unpredictable, and if you start nodding off; it’s possible to actually have your time phase invert so that you slow down time instead of speeding it up.  Even working as quickly as I could in normal time, it still took hours to get everything done; and it’s now heading toward four-thirty.  The work is done, though; so I won’t need to play catch-up in a week when I’m trying to stay ahead of the game so that I’ll be able to take the holiday weekend off from my studies and most of the family business work.

I will likely need to do a bit of self-healing, though, and should get started on what nap time I can get; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!