Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Saturday, November 7, 2015

Cassie's Journal - November 6, 2015



Happy 1st Birthday, Annette Bishop!

Annette is one of Michael’s cousins; and my only involvement with her big day was the gift we picked out for her that Miranda sent along with the other gifts they got her; but I hope she’s had a fun day.

We’ve had a fun day here; and a big part of that was thanks to our team’s first-round playoff win over Winfield Farms.  Michael, Tim, and Lucas were the stars tonight; Michael and Tim scored three touchdowns each; and Lucas had two.  The guys also worked hard on defense, which is why Winfield Farms only earned two touchdowns on turnovers; and only managed one additional touchdown and one field goal during the rest of the game.  Two of our eight touchdowns came fairly early in the game, and Winfield Farms was trying to play catch-up for the rest of the game; so I’ll also mention that they tried riskier plays in that effort to catch up that mostly ended badly for them.

This really was a big win for our team, and football fever is catching all over town tonight – especially with Jason and the other senior players.  A fifty-six to twenty-four win is a big deal too, and I don’t want to take away from that; but I’m not sure that some of the players and most of the spectators saw everything that I did tonight.  Winfield Farms made more mistakes than we did tonight, and if Jason and the other seniors think it’s going to be that easy through the rest of the playoffs; they’re going to be shocked in a bad way when we do go up against another of the top teams this season.  That’s very likely to happen next week, and we’ll be on the road.  The final match-ups for next week aren’t official, but Tim was keeping track of the games that he could follow through online updates; and he’s positive that we’ll be up against Hillcrest next Friday.  They’re one of the favorites to reach the championship game; and Tim doesn’t think we’re ready.

We are having a really good season, and it seems as though I’m down on the team even when they have such a good game; but I’m writing about it this way because even the wins feel different this season compared to last year.  For me, that’s mostly because the egos of too many of the guys have run wild; and I especially don’t like the instances of poor sportsmanship that I’ve seen or overheard that have been directed at our opponents or at our own players.  Win or lose; I expect more from our team and players.

The after-game party was a good example of that, and while Michael and Tim are both confident guys; they don’t sit around and brag about themselves – and neither does Lucas.  Jason and his best friends on the team are so over-confident right now that it’s a wonder they can get around at all with those over-sized heads of theirs.  All the rest of us can do is hope that they won’t get those egos trounced out on the football field.

While most of the teens at that party had fun, I was tired by then; and didn’t really find most of the action and conversations much fun at all.  I did like spending a bit of time with Rebecca, Lucas, and some of our other friends; but I was also ready to go home when Michael and I headed out at twelve-thirty.  Rowen and Tim left then too; but we split up once Michael and I got to my house because we were all interested in some quiet cuddle time with our respective boyfriend or girlfriend.  Michael and I had our cuddle time in the living room, and that didn’t really last very long because I started to fall asleep by one o’clock; so Michael decided to go home so that I could go up to bed after he left.

I know that’s not very exciting, but it’s what happened, and if I wasn’t this tired; then Michael and I would still be having fun together – and I wouldn’t have been writing this update for a while yet either.

Getting some sleep now is an option, though; and one that I’m going to choose in the very near future.  There isn’t much else to really write about anyway, since our classes today at school were just a way for most of us to keep busy while waiting for the football game.  Our cheerleading on the sidelines and for the half-time show were really great; the weather was cooler but nice-enough for the game; and I especially loved cheering tonight with more than half of my family at the game.  Michael’s parents took turns catching one quarter of the game each too; and it seemed as though nearly everyone in and around town came to watch the game tonight.  I missed out on dinner and a football game with my family – other than the cameo moments I got to spend with them during the game; but Michael and I did have a quick dinner at my house before the game; and we even had time between school and the game to get our homework done and out of the way for the weekend.

That’s good for me, since I will have lots of work to do with chores on Saturday; but I’ll write about that tomorrow.  Right now, I really just want to crash and nap until morning; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!