Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** All of your favorite Magi Masters will be staying close to home as we head into summer! For Cassie and Michael, while their work will continue from home too, they will also be helping their best friends with getting ready for their wedding and moving into their new home - along with all of the other adventures ahead of them with family and friends! You will not want to miss out on all of the fun as life in Witch Falls heats up right along with the summer weather; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Cassie's Journal - September 30, 2015



Happy 28th Birthday, Uncle Nick!

As I was considering what to write about Uncle Nick’s birthday, my first thought was that his day wasn’t as exciting as Michael’s was yesterday because getting a first driver’s license is a big deal for most teens; but then I remembered that he and Aunt Deborah are ending their day with a kid-free night.  I won’t need the details to know that they’re having more fun tonight than Michael and I had last night.

That should make up for having to work all day, and since it feels as though I’ve been working all day too; they’re having more fun than I am.  Unless they totally waste their kid-free night opportunity, I also plan on being asleep long before they should be; so let’s move this update along so I can get to that napping part of my plan for tonight.

Tai Chi by the river was chilly this morning, but we’ll just need to get used to that – or move our workouts indoors.  None of us want to do that before we have no other choice, though, so we plan on dressing more warmly and enjoying the great outdoors while we exercise.  Michael stayed for a quick breakfast, but then he was off and running to get to his morning weight training.  I had more time to get ready for school, so I took care of the kitchen clean-up this morning; and spent a bit of time with Ethan and Ehlana before meeting up with Rowen for the walk to school.  I’m not writing much about our classes yet this fall, but to be honest; I just like hanging out with Michael and our friends all day.  It’s tough to find anything exciting to write about when my first blast through the Grade Ten material happened when I was a toddler – and I can still remember every detail of those studies.  If it wasn’t for the fun with friends part of school; I’d be totally bored.

Now that I think about that, maybe that’s at least part of the reason why Gwyneth Hathorne is accelerating her education so publicly.  Dark Magi Masters aren’t likely going to have friends their own age for various reasons; so sitting through years of boredom at school would just drive them crazy.  I’m not making excuses for her, since she’s making some really bad choices too from what we know of her through our monitoring of the Hathorne Industries systems; but that doesn’t mean that I can’t relate to some of the issues she has being a Magi Master kid.

Moving along, my cheerleading practice was an entertaining way to end the school part of my day, and then I headed over to Uncle Nick and Aunt Deborah’s house to help out with the tail-end of the pre-dinner work that Mom, Aunt Leanne, Grandma, and Grandma Ayres all helped Aunt Deborah with.  This dinner party lasted several hours from that point until everyone headed home for the night; so all of the birthday fun was spread out a bit instead of being compressed the way it had been for Michael’s dinner party last night.  The roasting of the birthday boy was a bit more advanced too, but I wasn’t really in on any of that anyway because I was on kid control for the meal before moving on to help with the fairly major clean-up.  The only news from the dinner party that matters, though, is that Uncle Nick had fun.

Mom and Dad took Ethan, Ehlana, and me home by nine; and then I used a time-phase while we all worked or studied in the office together for a couple of ‘real time’ hours.  That was a lot of work with a bit of fun mixed in here and there; and then I came up to my room and let Mom and Dad take care of getting the twins tucked in for the night.  I was beat by then, so my bedtime routine took all of about five minutes, and once I’m finished with this update; I’m going to crash for the night.

Thursday is game night at the Inn, and I should probably help out at the Inn during dinner; but I’m seriously thinking about skipping all of that and staying home.  I’ll see how I feel by tomorrow afternoon; but I don’t think that I have many more late nights in me for this week – or hours-long time-phases; since that’s just as tiring as staying up and working until three or four in the morning.

Sleeping is now at the top of my to-do list, and I don’t have anything to add to this update anyway; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!