Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Saturday, September 26, 2015

Cassie's Journal - September 25, 2015



It’s time for the Friday night football report!

At the half-way point of the regular season, our Ridge River Raiders are three-and-two, and for those of you who aren’t keeping track as you read my journal in the future; that means that we won tonight.  We were up against Varney; and the final score was twenty-four to twenty-one.  All of that is good, and most of the guys are very happy tonight, but to be blunt; some of the guys shouldn’t be so impressed with themselves.

I say that because our team gave up five turnovers; and the only reason we managed to win was because Varney couldn’t turn those opportunities into touchdowns.  They scored seven field goals; and that’s including the three turnovers they earned that were already within field goal range without gaining a yard.  On our side of the ball, Michael, Tim, and Lucas each had one touchdown to go with one field goal; so Captain JJ was in full brag mode tonight for being the top scorer for our team – based on his decision that earning his six points counted more because it was with four kicks instead of just one play each for the other guys.

Jason hasn’t exactly been getting any love from me in my Friday reports, so I will add that while I do really try hard to love everyone; that’s tougher to do for some people than it is for others. ;^)

The bottom line for my assessment of our team tonight is that we dodged another bunch of bullets with a lot of mistakes on offense; and having a winning season so far is making Jason and too many of the other guys over-confident.  Michael, Tim, and Lucas get that; which is why they’re just not as happy as the rest of their team mates.  Our team has a comparatively easy schedule for the next few weeks too; which is why Tim is very sure that we’re headed for trouble – if we win all of those games.  I don’t want to take a lot of time to expand on that, though, so let’s move this update along.

For the cheerleading side of the game; I had a lot of fun.  Quite a few members of my family were at the game tonight; and that always makes the cheering more fun for all of us.  It was a perfect weather night for the game too; so everyone watching the game was enjoying both the game and the social time.  One of my fellow cheerleaders was having an especially good night; though that became more obvious at the post-game party when Diana and Kris looked to be very cozy while hanging out together – and they appear to be well on the way to being a couple.  I’m sure that nobody at school will be shocked over another football player and cheerleader couple; but it’ll still be news for the school grapevine by Monday.

That party was fun, and I liked hanging out with our friends for a couple of hours; but it also meant that Michael and I didn’t get to have much alone time tonight.  It was eleven before we even got to the party, so by the time he walked me home; there was only enough time left for an extended good night mini-make-out in the living room at my house before he needed to head home for the night.  Mom, Dad, and the twins were all in bed and sleeping by then, so I only checked in on my brother and sister on the way up to my room after seeing Michael out; and then I got ready for bed.

I’ve done a bit of work tonight after doing the rest of my bedtime computing because I’m going to try and spread the normal school night work and studying out a bit more than I have so far over the past few weeks.  It might not make much difference; but maybe the late nights won’t have to be quite so late if I put in more time on my work on the weekends – or even during the day; if I can find the time to do that too.

Stay tuned for that; and don’t be surprised if it makes no difference at all.  I have a talent for just putting more activities on my plate if I free up the time for them!

While football and the party were the highlights of my day; my day didn’t start and end with those two activities.  Tai Chi by the river got our day off to a great start; and Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne even joined us today – and then stayed for breakfast.  Zack ran around and played while we did that and Brianna watched us from her stroller; and then Michael and I were on kid control through until the Carringtons went home after we ate.  That made Michael late for his weight training with Tim and the other guys; but then he got more of a workout keeping up with Zack anyway.

Our school day was good; but I don’t really have any earth-shaking news to report from our classes or lunch break.  Michael had to go to the Inn and work for a while after school, since he couldn’t stay and work the dinner shift; so I came home and did my homework before moving on to help Mom with making dinner.  The studying didn’t take long thanks to a time phase; and I didn’t get to enjoy the meal because I needed to eat and run before the start of the dinner and football night that Mom and Dad were hosting.  You’ve already got the football and party report; so I guess that’s all for now.

Tomorrow is a yard work day again, but I won’t be working at the Inn on Sunday this weekend; and Michael, Tim, Rowen, and I have tentative plans for a date night after Michael’s finished at the Inn on Saturday night.  Yes, that’ll mean no alone time for Michael and me again; but we’re just as overdue for some teen time with our best friends.  The tough part is having to choose when you want to do both.

Either way, if I don’t get some sleep now, I’ll just be sleeping by then anyway; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!