Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Cassie's Journal - September 8, 2015



Our first day of the new school year is finished, and while we’ve had a pretty good day; I have to say that there’s been a lot more going on around town that has been more exciting than my Grade Ten classes.  Getting some rain and thunderstorms put a damper on things too – especially for Michael and Tim’s football practice after school.  I’ll get to that soon; but let’s start from the beginning.

The first fun news of the day was at breakfast, when Dad gave Mom her fifth anniversary gift.  No, he isn’t messed up over when it is; he just couldn’t keep it a surprise from her while the work is being done on the house over the next few weeks.  Since that work was started this morning; he had to let her in on the non-surprise.  Dad is having the back porch turned into a sunroom for Mom.  She loves working out on the back porch when she can, and by the end of the month; she’ll be able to do that year-round.  While it wasn’t a major job or anything, Uncle Blaine did the architecture work for it; and it’s going to be very cool when they’re finished the construction.  There will be skylights, floor-to-ceiling windows, and a couple of patio doors into the back yard and next to the driveway.  Next spring we’re apparently going to put in a large patio for outdoor entertainment, and probably re-do the driveway too; so the back yard around the house is going to look very different by next summer!

Mom loves her gift, and while I’m happy for her; let’s not write about how she’s thanking Dad for it tonight as I’ve been doing my nightly computing and work.  We have company in the house too; but that’s also getting way ahead of the story, so let’s move along.

The anniversary gift announcement was the highlight of the morning at our house, but Tai Chi by the river was good too; and I had fun getting ready for my first day of school.  While I’m thinking about that, Grade Ten is one of the years for new laptop computers at our school.  Mom picked mine up a while ago, but to be honest; I’ve barely even touched it until today because it’s practically a toy compared to my ‘work’ computer.  It is a step up from my last school computer, though; and is fast-enough to handle our studies and assignments.  As usual, I dressed up for our first day; took extra time with my hair; and had some fun with Ehlana while doing that.  She’s a bit conflicted this morning because Naomi is starting Kindergarten today, and while she’d like to hang out with her best friend; she’s also glad that she’ll be able to stay home for another year, do her research, and continue her college education.  She and Ethan started their senior year today; though they didn’t do much actual work today because of that company I mentioned.

Since that’s come up again, the Malloys are here for another work visit.  They’re only here until sometime tomorrow afternoon, but Terry wanted to be here for the official start of the new bridge construction to make sure that there aren’t any issues with phase one of the work.  Angela and the kids are here too, and this will likely be their last visit here with Terry because she’s going to start back to work soon – part time at first; and then eventually back up to full time once the kids are ready to handle her being away from home for long work days.  The rain and thunderstorms got in the way of the construction crew today; but they’ve been doing prep work since the Solar-Wind Farm opened and the crews weren’t needed out there anymore; so they’re ahead of the original schedule anyway.  Terry, Angela, and the kids got into town by lunchtime; Terry spent the afternoon working; and Mom and Angela had a play afternoon with the kids – including a bit of outdoor play time in between the bouts of rain.

My school day started out with our new home room in the computer lab.  Mr. Sparks is out home room teacher; and our first class of the Day Two schedule is computers so we won’t need to move to another room on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and every other Friday.  We actually have Mr. Sparks for our first two classes those days; though we had to switch rooms for our second-period Geography class.  Both were fun for me; and so was our Math class before lunch – though most of my classmates wouldn’t agree with me on that one.  The highlights of the morning for me were Michael’s reaction to seeing me when Rowen and I met up with him for the walk to school; getting to hang out with all of our classmates again after not seeing many of them more than once or twice a week; and finding out what we’ll be doing at school this year.

Our lunch break was fun too, and we were able to go outside for most of it; but then it was back to our classes again for the afternoon.  There’s an optional class for us this year, and Michael, Tim, Rowen, and I are all taking Graphic Design.  It’s our first class of the afternoon; it’s a combined class with a Grade Eleven optional; and we’re going to have different teachers depending on the modules we’ll be doing.  That’ll range from hand-drawn art to multimedia computing; but we started out today with a history lesson on the subject.  We have a total of eight students taking that class; and the rest of our friends are split among the other optional classes – all of them combined with a similar or compatible optional – usually the next level of the same course.  The Day Two schedule wraps up with Sociology and English.  I’m good with that; but I am definitely in the minority; and most of my classmates do not find either class particularly fun.

I don’t get it, since they all speak the language; and are generally very sociable! ;^)

My school day was not done when we were set free from English class.  It was time for our cheerleading practice after that; and we could do that indoors while the boys were stuck having their practice out in the rain.  Rowen and I had a lot of fun with our fellow cheerleaders; but Michael and I also didn’t get home until dinner was ready and on the dining room table.  That wasn’t all bad, since the construction workers had gone home by then too; but I missed getting to spend much time at all with the Malloys except while we had that meal.  The school day recap and news from home and work took up most of the dinnertime conversation; and then Michael and I needed to come up to the lounge to get started on our homework.  We had three kids hanging out in the lounge while we did that, so using any Magi power wasn’t an option.

The studying was followed by a bit of play time; but that only lasted until Valerie was advised that it was bedtime; and Ethan and Ehlana played along to avoid a temper-tantrum.  Michael and I helped with getting the kids into their beds or crib for the night; and then we had a bit of chat time with Mom, Dad, Angela, and Terry in the office before Michael went home for the night.  Tim’s got him starting their weight training in the morning again; and he wants to be ready for that and the football practice after school.  I came up to my room after that; got ready for bed; and got to work.

I had a lot to do tonight – including getting started on my next ‘real’ language study.  I’m picking up the pace on that now that I’ve studied enough languages now that many of the news ones will be easier to master now.  I’ll be learning Italian over the next two months; and will try to learn five new languages between now and the end of next June.  I spent an hour and a half on that first lesson; and then moved on to the family business work.  That took another two hours; followed by my full nightly computer and email checks.  This is my last job of the day, and since that is all of the news for today; I’m ready to wrap this up and get some sleep.

Since the Malloys will be on their way home by the time I’m done my cheerleading practice tomorrow afternoon, I’ll only get to see them at breakfast; but I hope they have a good second day here and a safe trip home again.  Now that we’re back to school, Wednesday night is going to be a work night for Michael, Tim, Rowen, and I again; so I’m also hoping that it’ll be one of my early-night bedtimes too.  I’ll need to do better with that than I did last year; or risk having Mom intervene again.  She has enough on the go without worrying about me; so I’ll try to keep that from happening.

Yeah, I don’t believe me either; but I will try to do better!

Doing that right now is an option instead of finding more work to do or just dragging this out anymore, so I’m out of here; and, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!