Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Cassie's Journal - September 21, 2015



Happy 16th Birthday, Lucas!

I’ll guess that it’s been a best birthday ever-so-far for him too; since Lucas is now officially, independently mobile.  That’s because he passed his driver’s test today; and his parents gave him a truck for his one and only gift from them.  It is used, but in good shape; looks great; and is appropriately loud enough for any teen farm kid to love it on sight and sound!

For the Magi boys reading this in the future that still haven’t grown up yet; yes, it has a pretty good sound system too.  If that statement doesn’t make sense to you someday in the distant future – join the club!  Fortunately for Lucas, his mother made sure that his truck will be reliable for him too – even if his Dad might have been more interested in making sure it was cool too.

If, by chance, you’re reading this before Ethan is sixteen, Dad; don’t laugh about this.  I can totally see you making sure that your boy has a cool car or truck too.

Finally, before I move on and get to the actual news again, Dad definitely won’t be reading this before I’m sixteen; so I can add that I have no intention of getting a car of any kind then.  That’d just be a waste when I’d be able to borrow one of their vehicles for the handful of times a year I might need to go somewhere on my own.  I’ll wait until I go to college to get my first car – and that’s only because I plan on going to a school within driving distance of home – for weekends and holiday visits as needed; not daily commutes.  That’s future news for another day, though; so let’s get back to the current events.

We’ve had a great day for Lucas’ birthday.  It was cool out this morning for Tai Chi by the river, but we still had fun together with that; and then Michael headed home so that he could get ready for his weight training at the school and grab a quick breakfast to go while I took my time getting ready for the day and having my morning meal with Mom, Dad, and the twins.  Our school day was pretty good too, and so was cheerleading practice after that.  I wouldn’t say the same for the football practice for my favorite boys on the team because Michael, Tim, and Lucas weren’t all that thrilled with their workout this afternoon; but let’s not mess up an otherwise good day with the downside of being on the team this year with a senior class and captain that are too full of themselves to perceive reality.

Rowen and I went on ahead to Michael’s house as soon as our practice was over instead of waiting for the guys so that we could help out with the dinner party work there.  Rebecca was putting on the party for Lucas, and his parents, sister, and brother were okay with that because Jacob was cooking the meal for everyone.  Sure, that gift wasn’t as cool as getting a truck for his birthday; but Lucas loved the food as much as the rest of us did – and he considers that as much of a dating bonus as I do!

Okay, maybe I appreciate that a bit more than he does, since he isn’t as adventurous as I am when it comes to the experimental dinners; but that wasn’t an issue tonight because Jacob cooked up one of Lucas’ favorites.

In addition to his family, Rebecca invited Rowen, Tim, Jenny, me, and a half-dozen of Lucas’ closest friends and fellow football players.  His family and more than half of the guests were there by the time that Lucas got there along with Michael, Tim, and the other football guys; so the social hour or so before dinner was already well underway by then.  It was nice enough out that we could have had dinner in the back yard; but Miranda decided to use the dining room instead – mostly to make the clean-up a bit easier.

The food was fabulous, and I loved getting to spend the evening with Lucas’ family and our friends; but the little details of what we were doing tonight really aren’t particularly newsworthy or exciting.  It was a standard family and friends teen birthday dinner and party – and we’re talking about a normal school night party too; so that meant no late-night adventures either.  We had dinner; did the usual birthday gifts, cake, song, and roasting; and then some of us were on the clean-up crew while Lucas and Rebecca hosted an after-dinner social hour or so until it was time for most of us to move on to other fun adventures – like doing our homework.

I stayed to do that with Michael, Rowen, and Tim; and Rebecca had Lucas and Jenny doing homework with her; but I was still home by ten-thirty – and continued in study mode with my Magi lesson with Mom.

While I was busy, they’d had company for dinner and a family business and future plans meeting; but everyone had already gone home by the time I got there because Dad had a lot of work to get done too – and was already focused on that by then too.  Ethan and Ehlana were studying while Mom did my lesson with me, but they were sent off to bed at eleven-thirty once we were finished with that fairly in-depth healing lesson.  I took care of getting them tucked in for the night and having a bedtime chat with them before coming up to my room and getting ready for bed too.  The archive assignment, language studies, and family business work has taken me thee and a half hours to get finished, but it needed to be done; and I can’t let the work get backed up on me at all right now.

Only having time for naps is going to wear me out if I don’t get better organized, but let’s not go there either; since I’m apparently not making any progress there – and the issue isn’t really being organized anyway.  What I need is more hours in every day – without using time phases to get them; and just burning out that way instead.

I am skipping the news from the meeting I missed here tonight to save a bit of time, so if you’re interested in those details; just check today’s date in the archives for the journals of the usual attendees to find out the latest.  I’ll still need to get the full report on that later too; since Mom, Dad, Ethan, and Ehlana just gave me the highlights tonight anyway.

It’s time for me to get into nap mode now while I still can, so that’s all for tonight; and, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!