Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Winter has, for the most part, been mild so far - or awesome for the month that Cassie and Michael spent in summertime-Australia! They are home now and will be working from home for most of the time until Easter. The hometown work will include getting ready for their next trip, but there will be a lot of fun to get in on and share with their favorite people - including their March Break trip to Florida adventure. All of your favorite Magi Masters will continue to work and play while their future plans unfold; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Cassie's Journal - September 15, 2015



If there were Zombie Magi Masters; they’d likely look about as alive as I feel right now. ;^)

My best intentions aren’t helping Mom very much so far this week.  I was only home for breakfast and bedtime yesterday; and only added in dinnertime tonight where I was actually home and not busy with something else anyway – like doing my homework with Michael.  We had a fairly normal morning; our classes were fun; and I was on the go the rest of the day with cheerleading practice at lunchtime; band practice after school; and teen praise team practice after dinner.

The top news of the day goes to the band practice – and the overwhelming support the band members all had for the plan to start up a marching band with the ultimate goal of playing at Disney – Orlando.  The seniors wish they could do it too, and some have offered to help out with getting the new band started; but they’ll all be off to college next year when we’ll be doing most of the activities we have planned – including playing at our team football games next season.  Mrs. Robinson has talked with the Maple Valley music teacher and principal already too; though the kids there won’t be offered the chance to join our marching band for a while yet.  They have a few other issues to deal with before being able to do that.

For our actual practice, Mrs. Robinson is looking to do a bit more with our little concert band this year too; including some extra concerts or town events.  First up will be providing some of the entertainment for the Haunted Halloween walk and a Seniors’ Halloween party; so we had fun learning some appropriately-themed songs along with some of the oldies that the seniors will like to dance to.  Michael and I will be doing a duet for that party; but it’s up to us to pick our song and get it ready.

Yes, I am probably losing my mind to try and add even more to my schedule; but that’s just the way it is – and won’t likely change anytime soon.

That inability to manage my workload is also why I’m still awake and doing this report when it’s past-three o’clock again.  Band practice went long; I collected Michael from football practice on the way home; we had dinner with Mom, Ethan, and Ehlana; and then we hurried off to the church once we’d finished with the clean-up.  Our teen praise team practice was fairly easy, since we’ve got some time before our next Sunday service; and we may have a bit less to do this year because Stacey wants to have the kids sing more often than they do now; so she may cut back how much we do – or at least drop a song or two from out workload and replace it with the music with the kids.

See – it isn’t always more work for me; though that one does seem to be a rare exception to the general rule on finding more to do the rest of the time.

After getting home from that practice, Michael and I did our homework; he stayed for a Magi lesson with Mom and me that was a highlight of the day for us; and then I saw Michael out and on his way home before going inside again to help Mom with getting the twins off to bed for the night.  It was eleven o’clock by the time I got up here to my room again, and after getting ready for bed and snuggled in with Mandy and my computer; it was time to get to work.  Tonight, it was language study first; my archive assignment second; and the family business third.  I decided to stop with the work at three; and cut back on the computer checks tonight too – even though I’ll be so out of the loop for the girl chat time tomorrow when it comes to the latest, greatest teen gossip favorites.  True, my priorities are out of whack from the perspective of a lot of teens; but my Magi-powered batteries really are running low tonight.

That’s why I’m wrapping this up with that; calling it a night; and heading off to dreamland for a few hours.  Tomorrow is a work day, so if that goes as planned; I will be able to get a full night of rest for the first time this week; but I’ll let you know whether that works out or not with the next report.

Until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!