Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Saturday, September 12, 2015

Cassie's Journal - September 11, 2015



This is going to be another short update due to extreme exhaustion.  It was past-one by the time I got home tonight; there was some family business work that needed to be taken care of after I eventually got around to saying goodnight to Michael; and now I really want to just crash and nap for a few hours.

We had a bit of leftover rain here this morning, so Tai Chi was indoors again.  I haven’t seen my parents, Ethan, and Ehlana since breakfast because we pretty much needed to get ready to head for Sweetwater Ponds after school – or at least we needed to hit the road by the time all of the gear was packed up and ready to go.  That was an hour and a half of drive time each way, and a bit longer on the way there; so the pre and post-game work along with the drive time took longer than the game did tonight. I’ll get to that part of the report in a moment; but let’s quickly cover the news from school today first.

We were on the Day One schedule; so we got to have two days for each set of classes this week.  As I’ve already mentioned, this is going to be my favorite of the two days; and I had a lot of fun with Michael, Tim, Rowen, and our classmates today.  I had some lunchtime fun with Naomi today too, and while I haven’t mentioned it in my journal before now; I’ve tried to at least check in with her at least once every day this week.  She’s having fun at school so far; likes being there better than at KidZone; and the only downside is that she doesn’t get to spend time with Ethan, Ehlana, and Aiden.

That bit of news reminds me of two additional bits of news that I should include before I forget about them.  First, KidZone is in their new building as of this week – the old clinic.  I should have reported that on Tuesday at the latest; and can only plead being too tired to think much about things that I’m not at all involved with right now.  Ethan and Ehlana were there for a while today too; but I haven’t gotten the report from them on what they think of the place.  The second bit of news is just that the twins are doing a sleepover with Naomi and Aiden tonight.  I didn’t risk waking them when I came up to bed; and will talk with them in the morning.  Their sleepover was all about hanging out with Naomi and hearing all about her first week of school.  I’m wishing that I had a sleepover buddy right now too, but Michael and I are both going to be busy tomorrow; and we’re trying to be good and save up for more important sofa sleepovers.

So, moving this along, we spent nearly an hour getting ready for our football trip after school; I did some of my homework during the drive to Sweetwater Ponds; and we had to work quickly to get warmed up and ready for the game once we were at their high school.  One thing that I’ve learned through these football games is that we are very lucky to have such a modern, well-equipped school in our little town.  Yes, I’ve mentioned that before; but we should try to remember how fortunate we are here.

That, by the way, is particularly appropriate for today; but I’ll leave the politics at the digital door to my journal tonight; since I just don’t want to go there.

I do have to go on with the football report, though; and that didn’t go at all well for us tonight.  Let’s get the bad side of the news out of the way first.  We lost by a score of forty-six to thirty-three.  Sweetwater Ponds scored five touchdowns and four field goals; thanks in part to the three interceptions and one fumble by Ray that all led to points for the happy home team.  Their kicker missed on extra point, but then so did Captain JJ – along with three missed field goals out of five attempts.  Lucas was top scorer on our team tonight with two running touchdowns while Michael and Tim each had one touchdown in the loss.

Going on to the ugly from the bad; you can likely guess that Jason was not a happy camper to have a second loss in our first three games.  The problem is that he is doing a terrible job of dealing with his team mates – and almost always comes to the wrong conclusions about what the issues are.  He’s starting to get some push-back there; though that isn’t making him any happier – or easy to deal with.  My modest analysis is rather simple.  Jason missed workable kicking opportunities that could have meant ten more points for us.  If the match had been closer, Ray wouldn’t have given up two of his interceptions late while trying for the comeback; and those mistakes would have kept at least ten points off of the Sweetwater Ponds side of the scoreboard.  That net twenty-point turnaround in the score would’ve meant the difference between winning and losing.

With that written, and knowing that Jason will never read this anyway; I’ll also add that he was clueless tonight if he actually believes that the junior members of his team are responsible for the loss.  No, Michael, Tim, and Lucas are all behind their stats from last season; but the reasons for that ought to be obvious to everyone – and especially to the team captain!  Our team needs to adapt for what we do have going for us this season; and Jason needs to stop thinking that he has a team that is just as good as the past two or three versions of the squad.  Let’s hope that Coach Robinson starts working on those adjustments soon or this is going to be a very long season.

On the cheerleading side of the game, we had a good night; our half-time routine went over great with the Sweetwater Ponds spectators.  Their cheer squad was good too; so we had fun competing with them all evening and Rowen and I really liked the girls that we talked with before and after the game.  That isn’t always the case with the other squads; so I’m glad that this was one of the good nights for that too.  After the loss, getting packed up and ready for the trip home wasn’t done with a lot of enthusiasm; which is why it took longer than it did last Friday.  The long ride home was tougher too – especially for the guys on the team buses.  It was that part of Michael’s day that had him needing a bit of bonus alone time with me once we were finished at the school; though the Magi-powered healing was a bonus for him.  He and Tim both took quite a pounding tonight thanks to all of the bad passes that left them open for hard hits.  I wish that I could help Tim too, but for all I know; Uncle Adam does help some of the other guys when the injuries are more serious than minor strains and bruises.

I haven’t exactly short-formed this report as I’d wanted to do, but I guess I needed to vent a bit before heading off into nap mode.  The need for that down time is serious, though, so that’s it for tonight; and, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!