Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Sunday, September 27, 2015

Cassie's Journal - September 27, 2015



Happy 10th Birthday, Jaimie!

I had absolutely no involvement in my cousin’s happy day beyond sending a gift and an email, but she did answer my email; so I know that she has had a lot of fun today.  Uncle Mark, Aunt Grace, and Caleb were there too, and while I didn’t mention it with my last update; they went there yesterday afternoon and are still on the way home now as I write this – leaving at around eight o’clock so that Caleb would sleep most or all of the way home.

While the birthday fun for the family has been in Granite Park today; I’ve had a lot of fun here at home too.  That started out with my sofa sleepover wake-up call, but before I get to that; let’s review the date night in at Michael’s house first.

By the time I got to Michael’s house, he already had most of the set-up finished for our movie night.  That included having snacks set out in the living room; pizzas cooking in the oven; and cold drink options available in the kitchen.  Rowen and Tim joined us just a few minutes after I got there, so Michael and I didn’t have much time for hugs and kisses; and then Rebecca and Lucas arrived together – in Lucas’ truck.  For the record, he won’t be sneaking up on anyone while driving it because it’s fairly loud and distinct-sounding; so maybe his mother didn’t have a problem with that at all.  He definitely won’t be able to come home late without her knowing it – unless he pushes it for the last half-mile or so.

The first thing that I should do for this part of my update is thank the guys for taking a night off from college football.  Rebecca, Rowen, and I know how much of a sacrifice that was for you – especially when it meant missing out on watching a few upset matches.  It’s still early in the season, though; and they’ll survive.  We did still go with action movies instead of chick flicks; so it wasn’t all bad for them.  All three boys were happy to start out the evening with pizza, and while Lucas and Tim can pretty much eat all of the time; Michael’s motivation had more to do with having a very early dinner break followed by hours of cleaning in the kitchen.  We – the girls – only had a slice or two each, but that had nothing to do with watching or weight or anything – we just weren’t as hungry as the boys were.

The entertainment picks were the new Terminator movie and Jurassic World, and while the on-screen action was entertaining; it was the cuddle time with Michael and chat time with our friends that we loved the most.  Tim and Lucas both have a knack for movie commentary that’s fun too; and having Miranda and Jacob join us for a while between getting home and heading up to bed was a nice bonus.  So was the sofa sleepover with Michael, and we managed to set that up when Lucas, Rowen, and Tim all needed to head home.  After seeing Rowen and Tim out, we offered to take care of the clean-up while Rebecca was busy saying goodnight to Lucas.  We were still doing that when she went up to bed, and once the work was done; we went back into the living room to snuggle on one of the sofas and spend some quality time saying goodnight to each other with no intention of me actually going home unless parental veto powers were invoked to put an end to our ‘accidental’ sleepover plans.

We are very lucky that our parents all think that we’re so darned cute when we do fall asleep on the sofas.  I woke up for a few moments when Miranda checked in on us at a bit after three.  She wasn’t fooled for a second, but instead of sending us up to separate bedrooms; she just took a picture; sent it to Mom; and advised me that she loves me a lot and plans on making sure that Michael keeps me.

I love you too, Miranda; and don’t have a problem with that plan. ;^)

Michael woke me up this morning with a soft, tender kiss or three; I ran home to get changed for Tai Chi and had time for a short round of teasing from Mom, Dad, Ethan, and Ehlana before he met up with us by the river.  It was a beautiful morning for exercising outdoors, and that was the last bit of quiet we had for the rest of the morning – except for prayer time at church.  I hit the shower after our workout; got ready for church; and headed over to Michael’s house for breakfast – and some more teasing from Michael’s family.  The highlight of that meal was actually a video chat with Jake and Stephanie; live from Europe.  It was afternoon local time for them, so breakfast chats do work for them; but I don’t get to be in on them very often.  They’re loving it in Europe, and joke about staying there; but I also know that they really miss home too – and they will be coming home next May – at least for a few months before they’ll need to go back to New York for their final year of college.

While our gourmet breakfast was a highlight of my day, it didn’t seem like very long before we needed to head over to the church; and then Michael and I were busy with the service and then Sunday school.  I’m also going to mention that Lucas did not drive his truck to church today; though I’m only mentioning that to point out that he’s a bit brighter than the average teen when it comes to personal finances.  His parents may have given him the truck, but the expenses are all his; and Lucas is not going to spend money on gas when he doesn’t need to do that.

I did not work at the Inn today, so I walked Michael to the Inn after church; hugged and kissed him goodbye; and then went home to hang out with my family for the rest of the day.  We had a small gang over for lunch; played for a couple of hours on the river and at the park; and then Dad needed to get some work done in the office.  Mom, Ethan, Ehlana, and I joined him there to either work on the family business or study; and I did both so that I could get to bed early tonight.  Michael came over for his afternoon break; he did his homework while hanging out with us in the office too; and then I took a break and went for a long walk with him that included Emporium ice cream treats and a walk around the park on the paths.

We only had the five of us for dinner tonight; Dad and I did some more work in the office after that; and then I came up to my room for some Jacuzzi time at eight-thirty.  I finished up my language study while in the tub; did my hair and finished getting ready for bed; and I’ve been doing one last computer and email check since getting into bed with Mandy and snuggling in for the night.

Getting a decent night of rest is going to help me out this week because we have a lot going on over the next seven days.  Michael’s birthday is on Tuesday; Uncle Nick’s is on Wednesday; Mom and Dad’s fifth anniversary is on Friday – along with the football game; and then they’re going to be away for the weekend while Rowen and I are booked to babysit Ethan and Ehlana while they’re gone.  We’ll have adult back-up if needed from Uncle Adam, Aunt Leanne, and Rowen’s parents; but I don’t expect to have any problems.  Having all of that going on in addition to our already packed schedule is going to be tough – even when it also means a lot of extra fun; so I’m going to sleep when I can – starting right now.

Until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!