Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Winter has, for the most part, been mild so far - or awesome for the month that Cassie and Michael spent in summertime-Australia! They are home now and will be working from home for most of the time until Easter. The hometown work will include getting ready for their next trip, but there will be a lot of fun to get in on and share with their favorite people - including their March Break trip to Florida adventure. All of your favorite Magi Masters will continue to work and play while their future plans unfold; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Thursday, September 10, 2015

Cassie's Journal - September 9, 2015



We had our first Day One schedule classes today, and while starting out with Computers is a favorite for Rowen and most of my classmates; I really like this schedule better.  Accounting in our first class of the day, and easy for me compared to my family business work; we have Phys-Ed for the middle morning class; and then wrap up our morning with Science before having our lunch break.  History, Spanish, and Music keep us entertained all afternoon; and I love getting to end the day with two of my very favorite classes.

I have some music news today too; though it won’t officially be announced until next week.  Mrs. Robinson has been given approval and a bit of funding for a marching band; with the ultimate goal of taking that new band to Disney in Florida.  She talked with me about it after class today; and the announcement will be made at our first band practice next Tuesday after school.  It won’t be starting up until next spring, since we have a lot to do between now and then; but the tentative plan is to be ready to participate in the Memorial Day and Fourth of July parades next year; and at the football games and some parades next fall and winter.  The trip to Disney would be a year from February if we manage to pull it all together.  That trip is going to be very expensive; and competing for the fundraising with every charity already being supported in our little town is going to be a tall order.

We’ll get it done if I have to knock on every door myself; and I’m sure that we won’t have a problem with having enough teens interested in signing up – especially when we’re also seriously considering inviting the Maple Valley school band players to join too.  That’d be a lot of travel back and forth for practices and events for them; but we are talking about a prize at the end that most kids in really small towns like ours never get the chance to experience.  I’ll keep you posted on all of the news for our future marching band as it happens; and my biggest problem is that I’ve committed to being one of the teen leaders for Mrs. Robinson.  Now I’ll just need to work that into my schedule too!

So I’ve had an awesome day at school; cheerleading practice was great too; and then I went over to the computer store with Rowen to do our homework after that while Michael and Tim were busy with an extended football practice.  Michael needed to get straight to the Inn after that, so I haven’t seen him since I left the school; and I came home from the computer store once Rowen and I had our work finished.  The Malloys were home in Crystal Springs by then, and Mom and Dad already had dinner for five nearly ready by the time I got there; so we ate fairly quickly and then I helped with the cleanup before we all moved into the office to get started on our work or studies.

Ethan, Ehlana, and I also returned to our Magi lessons with Mom; they worked for a couple of hours on their college courses; and Mom, Dad, and I worked on our family business or lawyer jobs until Mom ordered all of us off to bed at eleven o’clock.  I helped with getting the twins tucked in for the night; came up to my room; and was soon in bed and working on my language studies and archive assignment.  I time phased all of that, and while that use of power has helped to tire me out; I’ll at least get a decent night of rest to make up for that.  The work, studying, and archives research was all really satisfying tonight; so I’m feeling really good as well as being tired.

Game night at the Inn returns to town tomorrow night, and we have our football game on Friday night; so I’m going to be in for a couple of extremely long days.  This has been such a good day that this little update doesn’t do it justice, but I really do need the sleep more; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!