Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Cassie's Journal - January 30, 2014



The happiest girls in town tonight are Hannah Draper and Stacey Burroughs – after they found out that their favorite boys were sending them along on the girls’ weekend away with Mom, Aunt Leanne, and the other women.  I’ll guess that there will be more buzz around town this weekend about our new Pastor’s wife going on ‘that’ kind of trip, but I think that Aunt Grace’s suggestion to set that up for her new friend was great; and they’re going to have an awesome mini-vacation.

My day wasn’t that exciting by comparison, but I did have fun; and am going to be sleeping before midnight again – though this time I needed to cheat with a little Magi-powered time phasing to make that happen.

Football fever is taking over at school now; though this last round should be over by next Monday or Tuesday once the boys are finished with their post-mortem on the Super Bowl – and the girls are in full Valentine’s Day mode for the first two weeks of February.  I’m wishing that we’ll be done with football until July or August, but Tim probably won’t let that happen for Rowen and me.  He’d be right up there with Michael, Rowen, and me if he paid as much attention to his school work as he does for all things football.  He’s already following the off-season news; and has the added bonus of Kyle’s preparations to play college ball for Lee’s alma mater.  Nobody in town has any doubt that he’ll get a scholarship and make that team as a freshman; but Tim’s mostly interested in everything Kyle’s doing to get ready for that – hoping it’ll help him to make our school team next season.

While I’m on that subject, I’ll mention that Michael is countering that here and there where he can.  It’s one thing to want to play football, but something else to want to be like Kyle when Tim, like his father, won’t ever be as big as his uncle or cousin.  Michael’s influence is keeping Tim from attempting to follow Kyle’s training diet; and they’re not weight training with the goal of bench-pressing farm equipment.  That seems to require regular reminders, because Tim is very competitive; and he apparently doesn’t like watching the bigger guys working with much heavier weights than he or Michael can handle.

Don’t bother to apply logic to that – he’s thirteen, a guy, and the facts don’t matter to him.

There isn’t much to write about from school today.  Michael, Tim, Rowen, and I went outside for a while at lunch, and though it didn’t feel like the end of January kind of winter day; we got some rain this afternoon and it’s much colder again tonight.  Our study time at the Inn was good; playing with Michael and Rebecca in the kitchen was fun; and game night was a blast.  Michael and I didn’t get to end our day with much of a goodnight kiss, but that was only one little disappointment in an otherwise really good day; and we only missed out on that because Mom needed to get home right after the games so she could finish getting ready for her trip.

That’s why I did most of the bedtime routine with Ethan and Ehlana after we all got home and Dad did his homework in the office while Mom finished packing.  Mom still multi-tasked and did my Magi lesson too, but then I came up to my room when she was ready to have some goodbye alone time with Dad before getting some sleep.  There’s still working on that, but as always; feel free to use your imagination on that while I move along and wrap this up.  As I mentioned, the only way to get all of my work done without staying up way too late tonight was to use a little time-phasing; so I made an exception and did that.  While I really don’t want to get into the habit of using time-phases just so I can get more sleep; the practice tonight was good for me.

I don’t have any news to report from my studies or computer checks, and we need to be up very early to see Mom off to the airport; so that’s it for now, and I’m off to get some quality unconscious time.

Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!