Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Winter has, for the most part, been mild so far - or awesome for the month that Cassie and Michael spent in summertime-Australia! They are home now and will be working from home for most of the time until Easter. The hometown work will include getting ready for their next trip, but there will be a lot of fun to get in on and share with their favorite people - including their March Break trip to Florida adventure. All of your favorite Magi Masters will continue to work and play while their future plans unfold; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Friday, January 17, 2014

Cassie's Journal - January 16, 2014



It’s late, and I’m tired; but this is going to be short because I really don’t have much to write about tonight.

We’ve had a fun, busy day; with my hours at the Inn tonight being the most entertaining – especially when Mom helped Miranda to win the senior championship while Dad’s away.  That was actually the top family news story; which should give you an idea of just how uneventful our day has been.  Considering that we’re closing in on a long weekend, it was fairly quiet around the school; with nothing major making the gossip network rounds.  Studying at the Inn after school, and then helping out in the kitchen with the small dinner crowd kept Michael, Rebecca, and I busy; though we probably didn’t have quite as much fun and Rowen and Tim did – at least while they were on their own between the time they left us and when they had dinner at his house.

I don’t really want to think about that too much, since Michael and I haven’t had much alone time this week; so let’s move this along.

The Inn wasn’t busy for dinner, so there wasn’t any pressure to keep up with the work in the kitchen; and Michael, Rebecca, and I were set free early to eat and then set up the dining room for the games.  While Miranda was very happy to win another championship, it was a fairly quiet game night too; with a smaller-than-usual group – particularly with the kids and teens.  That allowed us to get through the games a bit faster than usual too; so I was home with Mom, Ethan, and Ehlana with enough time to get the twins off to bed; do my Magi lesson with Mom; and be in bed and ready to start my studying and nightly computing by eleven-thirty.

While I could have taken the time off tonight, I decided to keep working ahead so that taking three days off this weekend is an option.  I know, and I keep trying to do better; but don’t seem to have much success fighting the urge to be just as responsible and dedicated as my parents are.

Sorry, Aunt Leanne.  I will keep trying not to disappoint you with that too much! ;^)

Anyway, the language studies are fun; my archive homework was a bit tedious again; and I only had a bit of ‘normal’ family business work to take care of before moving on to the usual nightly checks.  That’s kept me busy for a few hours, but there isn’t anything new or newsworthy to report from any of that.  I am ready for some down time now, though, so I’ll wrap this up and get some sleep so I’ll be ready for the long weekend.

Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!