Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Cassie's Journal - January 14, 2014



Happy 3rd Birthday, Naomi!

I’m sure that she’s having a very happy day, though I only saw her for a few minutes after band practice and our study session at the computer store; while stopping by to give her the gift that Michael and I got for her.  We only stayed for a few minutes because her party was already in full swing, and I needed to pack my overnight bag too before Michael and I went to have dinner with Uncle Adam, Aunt Leanne, and Zack.

Our day started out fairly hectic; except for during Tai Chi.  Mom, Ethan, and Ehlana all needed to pack for their own sleepovers; I helped with getting Ethan and Ehlana cleaned up and ready for a day at KidZone and the party; and Mom and I had to juggle the rest of the normal weekday morning routine around all of the extra work.  There wasn’t enough time to get everything done, which is why my bag didn’t get packed; and Rowen picked me up on her way to school instead of us meeting up somewhere between our houses – or at hers.

While the big news of the day for Ethan and Ehlana is obviously Naomi’s birthday, and Mom’s top stories will not be kid-rated; my most interesting moment of the day came during band practice.

We were given the music we’ll be playing for the seniors’ Valentine’s Day dance, and did a once-through for most of the pieces today; but the moment came when Mrs. Robinson asked Michael and I to do a duet for the dance too.  She picked ‘Unforgettable’ for us, a la Nat King and Natalie Cole; but left it up to us to do our own arrangement and interpretation – other than to joke that we should remember our audience and not rock or rap it up.

Michael and I didn’t get a chance to do anything more than listen to some different versions of the song on YouTube tonight; but we’ll get started on some practices as soon as we can.  We’re not looking to start a band or anything, but it feels really good to be invited to do more duets together.  It’s also one more thing to add to our already packed schedules; though this one is definitely on the fun side of the list.

Spending the night with Uncle Adam, Aunt Leanne, and Zack was a lot of fun too.  Michael and I got to their house just a few minutes ahead of Uncle Adam; and Aunt Leanne already had dinner ready to go – mostly because the entree had simmered in a crock pot all day.  Getting to spend time like that with my aunt and uncle is getting tougher all the time; so I’m really glad that we got to do that tonight while also giving my parents another kid-free opportunity.  Zack’s three months old now; and getting to be more entertaining to be around every time I see him.

While Mom, Uncle Adam, and Aunt Leanne all keep records of Zack’s progress, I’m overdue for an update in my journal; and my less-frequent observations of his development might be of value too.  Comparing him to Ethan and Ehlana wouldn’t be fair considering not only that they’re Magi Masters; but also that they are probably two of the strongest Masters ever.  I can compare them to other Magi kids, though – both in terms of power and Magi ‘growth’.

Zack’s raw power level is similar to Naomi and Aiden; but his development is accelerated compared to them.  At this point, that’s mostly because of the pre-natal program that’s much more defined now compared to the first steps Mom took with helping Liz when she was pregnant with Naomi.  That gap will likely shrink over time; but it’s significant and noticeable when comparing them at three months.  That’s an even bigger deal when comparing Zack to Aiden, because Aiden didn’t have a Magi mother; and basically had no external, pre-natal Magi development.

Mom is hesitant to change that either when it comes to non-Magi mothers.  It would be very easy for the baby to bond to the Magi-trainer prenatally; and then not bond with his or her mother at all after birth.  That’s apparently been a problem with non-Magi parents in the past here anyway; and a concern that the council shares with us.  There is no doubt now that working with the Magi babies prenatally does help their development quite a bit, though; so it’s something that we’ll need to explore more and hopefully find a way to help all Magi babies.

In Zack’s case, he’s already about where Naomi was at six months or so; and maybe eight or nine months for Aiden.  That’s his Magi development level, and though most of his physical growth is normal; he’s ahead of the curve for things like sensory control and motor skills.  He needs to play ‘normal baby’ in public for where he should be; but is happier when he can be himself at home.  He’ll still be discovering his talents for quite a while; but one big one that we were interested in isn’t showing up yet to any degree – Healing.  That doesn’t mean he won’t develop it, and we will be able to recognize the signs much sooner than anyone was able to do that for Uncle Adam, but Mom also doesn’t know whether the Healing talent develops differently with Magi compared to Masters.  If it is the same, though, Zack won’t have that talent – not that it would be surprising considering how rare the talent has been among Witch Falls Magi.

Whatever happens with that, Zack is an amazing little boy; and has inherited pretty much all of the Magi strengths of both parents.  I’m not doing anything to help with his lessons yet, and probably won’t for quite a while; but it is fun when I can chat with him telepathically and have a little play time – which Zack and I did during his midnight feeding; and probably will again when he wakes up for his next feeding.

That was one of the best parts of my night, but so was catching up with Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne while we had dinner; and the play time we had with Zack between then and when Michael headed home for the night.  I wouldn’t dream of scaring my boyfriend, and yes, I do know something; so I’ll only mention here that he is really great with kids, and is going to be an amazing father some day.

Don’t worry Mom and Dad – by the time you read this; you’ll know that I wasn’t commenting about the near-future! ;^)

I don’t really have much more to cover for today.  Michael went home when Aunt Leanne was ready to do bath time with Zack before nursing him and putting him to bed.  I helped with that; and then took over babysitting duties while Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne both went to bed – though they didn’t go to sleep right away.

Again, no details required by the kids; thanks anyway.

I’ve been working on my computer and studies since then except when I did Zack’s midnight-ish feeding and we had our Magi-powered chat and play time before he went to sleep again.  I finished my studies a while ago, but decided to just stay awake and work ahead until he’s up for his next feeding; which should be soon.  That won’t leave me with much time to sleep, but I really want to make sure that my aunt and uncle can actually get some consecutive hours of down time; and I can always use a little Magi self-healing in the morning if needed.

While I’m waiting for Zack, I’m going to wrap this up and maybe play around with ideas for the duet Michael and I will be doing next month.  Maybe I’ll even try it out on Zack after he’s finished with his bottle, and hope it puts him back to sleep quickly; though that wouldn’t be the reaction Michael and I would hope for with our Valentine’s Day audience – even if the dance is going to be happening during normal afternoon nap time for some of the seniors.

Anyway, that’s it for now, so I’m out of here.

Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!