Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Saturday, January 18, 2014

Cassie's Journal - January 17, 2014



I don’t mention this often enough in my journal, but I still really love having Dad home again with us after his week in the city.  His return was the main reason why Michael, Tim, Rowen, and I were here at my house tonight even though we weren’t doing a dinner and a movie night this week.  They did stay for dinner, and we had some play time with Ethan and Ehlana as well as watching a movie in the lounge after the twins went to bed; but I’ll get to that in a minute.

There isn’t really anything to report from this morning or our time at school.  I’m starting to wish that Michael wasn’t doing the morning weight training with Tim and the other guys; but only because he doesn’t have time to stay for breakfast anymore and still get to school on time.  Tim loves that time with his cousin, though, and I have no intention of getting in the way of their play time by complaining about it – not to mention that Rowen and I may really appreciate all of that work they’re doing by summertime!

It was nice being on the Day Two schedule today; and music class always gets my morning off to a great start.  We were given a fair bit of homework for the long weekend between yesterday and today; but then we’ve already taken care of most of it between our study sessions after-school study sessions last night and tonight.  Tim wasn’t thrilled about studying today, but I’m sure he’ll appreciate it more when he doesn’t have to cram to get the work done on Monday night.

Though she had four teens for dinner, Mom still opted for ‘real’ food; and Rowen and I helped her with that while Michael and Tim played video games in the lounge with Ethan and Ehlana.  We won’t be in danger of putting Michael’s father out of business at the Inn, but Mom’s veggie and rice stir fry and the chicken entree were a hit with all of us.  I’ll also guess that there are rarely leftovers at Tim’s house.  Michael has a healthy appetite too, but Tim is a bit scary sometimes – and that comment is coming to you from a growing girl with a hyper-metabolism.

Mom was set free after dinner while four of us cleaned up and the twins supervised; and then we went upstairs to the lounge for some more play time.  Michael and I started out with a music practice for our upcoming Valentine’s Day duet while Tim and Rowen mostly played video games with Ethan and Ehlana.  We played some more active games with the twins after that, including a game of hide and seek that was mostly entertaining because Tim and Rowen managed to disappear for fifteen minutes or so when it was their turn to hide.  There’s a very good chance that it’s for the best that we didn’t find them – especially considering how happy they were when they did re-appear.

Some bouncing on my bed, toddler gymnastics, and tag were also part of our play time; which wrapped up when Dad got home so that we could all spend some time with him until it was time for Ethan and Ehlana to go to bed.  After getting his bags and cases into the house, we spent nearly an hour catching up with him, but when it was time to get the twins ready for bed; Michael, Tim, Rowen, and I left Mom and Dad to do that with them – and have a little time just for the four of them while we came back up to the lounge and picked out our movie.

We had our snacks ready and the movie cued up when Mom and Dad stopped in to say goodnight to us before going to bed too.  I can assure you that Dad was exhausted and they did go there to sleep.  They didn’t stay asleep, but as usual; feel free to use your imagination while I just move on and try not to think about that.

They certainly didn’t need to worry about Michael and me tonight, and while we’d have been more than okay with some alone time tonight; we also always have fun with Rowen and Tim too.  For Rowen and I, that included talking about doing a girls’ night here this weekend – on Sunday night if we can work that out by then.  The idea for that partly came about because Tim was talking about a football afternoon with the guys to watch the NFL playoff games.  That’ll mean we should have an easy time finding girls interested in doing anything else other than that; so we’re going to start calling around in the morning – assuming we get parental approval first.  I’m sure that Aunt Leanne would be interested in helping out with the makeover part of the night; and we could probably get Liz to join us too if we invite Naomi to be Ehlana’s sleepover buddy.  I really want to do this to give Rebecca something fun to do too, and we’ll invite Jenny; but if she’s busy; I’m sure we can find other girls who would love to join us.

We’ll have fun with that if it works out, but then the cuddle time with our boyfriends tonight was really nice too; and watching the movie with them was a great way to end the school week and start our long weekend.  They all went home by midnight; though Michael stayed long enough to share a lengthy goodnight kiss with me before making the run to his house with minutes to spare on his curfew.  The lack of alone time with him has a lot to do with why I’m still awake and playing on my computer.  Though I was going to take the weekend off, I still ended up doing some language studies – though that was through four internet chats in three different languages instead of actual lessons or reading books.

We have a work day ahead, and I really should get some sleep – even though Mom and Dad aren’t right now; and might need to sleep in.  I really shouldn’t have sent my thoughts in that direction, so I’m going to wrap this up and try to switch my train of thought onto a different track before falling asleep – preferably one where Michael and I can enjoy some of that over-due alone time.  True, that would just be a dream, but my photographic memory works just fine there too; and dreams can come true!

Anyway, it really is time to crash for awhile, so...

...Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!