Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Cassie's Journal - January 1, 2014



Happy New Year – again!

Starting the day with good morning kisses with Michael; Tai Chi for two; and a Jacob and Jake gourmet breakfast definitely started the New Year off on a high; and the rest of the day has been a lot of fun too.


Michael and I had some work to do too; starting with the breakfast clean-up and continuing at my house while we helped to get everything ready for the party.  We did pretty much get the rest of the day off from lunchtime on; though we were also on the kid control team for most of the rest of the day.  The cooking or cleaning chores were mostly avoided completely thanks to the collective parental decision to use fine Chinette; plastic cutlery; and cans, bottles, or recyclable glasses for everything except hot drinks.  All of the food was pre-made and potluck; so there wasn’t much to do there either except keep the ‘buffet’ table loaded.

Our guests started arriving at eleven-thirty, and Rowen, Tim, and her family were among the first.  The football fanatics were all here in time for the start of the first games.  As usual, the living room was football central while the lounge was used for kid entertainment, video gaming, and what ended up only being two chick flicks.  While Michael and I were both playing with the younger kids a lot; we weren’t always doing that together.  Michael, Tim, and some of the other guys mixed football with some play time on the floor with Ethan, Aiden, and the other younger boys for an hour or so this afternoon while Rowen and I played dolls with Ehlana, Naomi, and the other girls in my room.

The guys were playing with dolls too, but just in case the names are different in your future; in our present, boys only play with action figures – not dolls.  It’s late, and I don’t want to get into a long rant on how silly girls in general think that is; so let’s just not go there.

Football, kid games, and movies were the main entertainment options, but with everyone from great-grandparents to babies at the party or stopping by for shorter visits; there were groups of people hanging out in the dining room, kitchen, and office today too; and several guest bedrooms were available for afternoon naps both for kids and a few adults.  Rowen and Tim disappeared for a little while during a break in the football action just before dinner; but they weren’t napping.  I’d be a bit jealous, but Michael and I got to have a little alone time after our guests went home for the night after the last football game ended; and we didn’t really watch the movie that was on the television in the lounge while we had that chance for some play time.

Let’s back up and get to that Michael and me part of the report in a bit.  Our party guests included Michael’s family, though Jake and Stephanie split their time between our house and hers; and Rebecca went out to spend some time with Jenny and some of their friends for a few hours too.  Most of my family was here for the day; though Uncle Nick and Aunt Deborah came over later in the afternoon – in time for dinner – after spending the rest of the day with his family.  Rowen and Tim were the opposite; and went to his Aunt and Uncle’s football party so that they could watch most of the last two games of the day there.  Since they likely had an even fuller house than we did; I’m sure that had something to do with why Rowen and Tim had felt the need to find that alone time while they were here.

While a lot of my time was split between kid-play and hanging out with Michael, Rowen, and Tim; I also managed to spend at least a little time with Grandma, Grandpa, and my aunts, uncles, Zack, and Leah.  I can’t say that for all of the drop-in cameo visits – I didn’t even see some of our visiting friends and neighbors if they didn’t do the rounds and I was busy in the lounge.  I wish that there’d been more time to spend with Grandma and Grandpa – especially when the travel talk about their impending trip reminded me that they’ll be leaving on Saturday morning; and will be away until the first weekend in March.

I guess that’s one more thing to try and fit into my schedule for the rest of the week – more time with Grandma and Grandpa.  With just four days left for our Christmas holiday; I have a feeling that this will be yet another item on my to-do list that there just won’t be enough time for – unless we try a little time-phasing to help out with that.

Moving along, there’s no way I’ll cover every little thing that happened today; so let’s start by skipping the football report.  Feel free to look up the details from today’s games if you’re really interested; but just because I’ll remember everything I saw and heard today doesn’t mean I’ll spend any time thinking about those games – unless the guys are still talking about them tomorrow.

I mentioned that lunch and dinner were potluck buffets, but should have added that they were also casual; with the footballers taking plates and drinks with them into the living room while parents or grandparents fed the younger kids at the dining room table.  Michael and I had both of our meals in the living room – eating lunch with Rowen and Tim; and dinner with Uncle Adam, Aunt Leanne, Uncle Mark, Aunt Grace, and Michael’s parents while Mom and Dad were busy – and eating in the dining room.  That was practically the only time we spent with them in a group; and Aunt Leanne and Miranda had fun entertaining all of us – even though some of their fun was poked at Michael and me.  For the record, I have no intention on going with any of their New Year’s resolution suggestions.

Yes, I’m sure that you want to know what at least some of those suggestions were, no matter how far into my future you’re reading this; but there are just some things that should be lost to history.

Michael and I continued to split our time between football and kid play time after dinner.  We caught the end of the Rose Bowl and the start and about the last third of the Fiesta Bowl.  While we were warm and having fun indoors, a little snow was falling outside; so we went out to shovel the driveway and sidewalks as soon as the game was over so that they’d be clear when everyone who was still there was ready to head home.  That work was probably easier than rounding up kids, gear, and either leftovers or empty dishes; but it was cold too, and we didn’t waste any time just getting the work done and heading inside again.

That did give us an excuse – I mean a good reason – for the post-party cuddle time so we could get warmed up, but since we spent close to a half hour with the last round of goodbyes and helping Mom and Dad with the final living room clean-up; I doubt anyone would believe that line.

It was already getting late by then, but Miranda had negotiated the extra time for Michael right down to the running time of our movie choice; allowance for our goodnight kiss; and time to walk home.  We knew she was just having fun with us again, and would be sleeping long before Michael got home; but she probably didn’t intend for us to factor that in to our play time.

When you’re reading this some day in the future, Miranda, I’d like you to know that our version of that schedule you gave us was very entertaining for Michael and me; and a lot more precise than one hundred and seventeen minutes for movie, kiss, and walk home.  Go ahead and use your imagination – we did! ;^)

Oh, and by the way; time limits really are very silly when time-phasing is an option for one of the participants.  Michael and I could have days of fun in one hundred and seventeen minutes if we really wanted to do that.

I’ll guess that you may never think of ‘a quickie’ the same way ever again after that comment – especially since a quickie doesn’t have to be quick for a Magi Master.

Don’t give me that look, Mom – I’m sure that you and Dad know exactly what I mean from personal experience – possibly on every occasion when I see you both smiling in a way that you shouldn’t have been for the amount of time you were alone.  That’s also something that I can assure you Michael and I don’t have experience with, and we won’t anytime soon – though I won’t guarantee that for time-phase make-out sessions now and then when life gets in the way of some ‘us’ time.

I guess there really isn’t much else to report tonight.  Michael went home about twenty minutes ago; I got ready for bed and tucked myself in with Mandy; and have been doing my nightly computing since then.  That included email replies for Dawn, Violet, Christina, Jaimie and Kaitlyn, and a few of my school friends who were checking in with New Year’s Eve and Day news.

This really has been a great start to twenty-fourteen; and ending the first day of the New Year with the Michael and me play time was my idea of a perfect way to wrap up an amazing couple of family and friends days.  Now, I’m ready to have a short winter’s nap; so it’s time to wrap this up and head off to slumber-land for a handful of hours.

Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!